Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

I also have a nebulous idea :idea_1: I wonder if my kit is sending me messages :hmm:

Is 'nebulous' a hint? :D

I understand what nebulous means in that context but thought maybe you were teasing us :D

Edited by CourtofGypsies

You ought to try calling them. Someone said they weren't shipping for a few days, so maybe they can add it to your order.

I called this morning since I somehow managed to goof up my order yesterday. The lady I spoke with said they weren't shipping until Monday and was able to add something(s) to mine.

When my idea struck me yesterday, I got a song stuck in my head. And, it's a BIG song...lots of drama...BOOMING! :lol: I woke up with the same song stuck in my head. Let's hope it doesn't stay so loud I can't get anything done. :blink:

Oooooh, I just saw this. We might be on the same page after all! How strange and bizarre would that be! I shall await your PM.

Deb

Oooooh, I just saw this. We might be on the same page after all! How strange and bizarre would that be! I shall await your PM.

Deb

:lol: That would be strange! I have sent you a PM. :D

I still have no idea whatsoever. Although, the kit does strongly resemble what I am doing for the HBS contest kit. Maybe something will strike when the kit gets here.

My husband is very supportive. I've worked all day developing my idea. When he got home from work he looked over what I was working on and started advising me to make a color change. My supportive husband is also color blind and will never see the world like I do. I'm thinking I'm going to have to call the shots on color.

• Like 1

Well, my order is still on paper - scribbled notes and ideas and pictures of the kit from all angles. Better hurry though, don't want to miss the free shipping! I had an idea before I saw the kit, but it really won't fit now because I HAVE to have the greenhouse! But ideas are ricocheting around in my head! :gun_nep: Sooo glad there's a time extension. I swore I'd never do another SF because I don't like to rush my work, but now I have time to let it "breathe". :D

• Like 1

Well, my order is still on paper - scribbled notes and ideas and pictures of the kit from all angles. Better hurry though, don't want to miss the free shipping! I had an idea before I saw the kit, but it really won't fit now because I HAVE to have the greenhouse! But ideas are ricocheting around in my head! :gun_nep: Sooo glad there's a time extension. I swore I'd never do another SF because I don't like to rush my work, but now I have time to let it "breathe". :D

I second that one. The time to let it breathe. I'm really excited to see what we all come up with having enough time. I think it'll make a huge difference.

ME TOO! I figured it all out before falling asleep last night. Today I took the plunge and put in my order for some of the parts.

Edited by Bogie

My really quirky theme is really taking off. I made some Sculpey __________s yesterday, and will need to make about 35-40 more (sigh), but I laugh the whole time because they are just so darn funny to me. Even my son said "Mom..you have totally LOST IT"...hehehe

Not sure I will enter this project :unsure: ...NO ONE will understand it methinks, but it sure is giving ME a good chuckle. Of course, I am senile, so that would definitely explain my taking up such a crazy idea to begin with and actually running with it. :laughbounce:

• Like 2

I love crazy so cant wait to see it! Finally got an idea last night, but cannot decide between full or half scale. It will work either way and have the same footprint. I really want to do half scale, but have sooo much stuff stored away and it is mostly 1/12 scale. Will just have to get the kit, dry fit it and see what it wants I guess.

I don't 'do' crazy usually. The people who do, do me a favor. My husband LOVES crazy. Seeing the unique and goofy things others come up with interests him in miniatures more. I enjoy looking at the wacky things others make. I don't want to look at stuff that's my style. That's a neat thing about miniatures, if you pay attention everyone's different yet it's all the same hobby. How many other hobbies offer that versatility?

Not sure I will enter this project :unsure: ...NO ONE will understand it methinks, but it sure is giving ME a good chuckle. Of course, I am senile, so that would definitely explain my taking up such a crazy idea to begin with and actually running with it. :laughbounce:

<draping my arm across Chris' shoulders> <using my best southern drawl> Honey, if you think no one will get it, come sit by me. <cackle> I felt the same way when I did the Grim Reaper's party boat but I don't think I've ever had as much fun as I did playing with rowdy skeletons, that sassy alligator, tipsy rats, and a psycho skunk. Trust me when I say that if it makes you chuckle now, you'll continue chuckling the whole time you're building it and you just don't want to pass up that much fun. And we don't wanna be deprived of a good laugh either! See? Now you're morally obligated to go public with your crazy idea just to entertain your fellow miniaturists. <nodding> I'm so glad we had this little talk. :roflmao:

Deb

• Like 1

Chris, it sounds like you're going to have more fun than the rest of us put together. I can't wait to see your project...everybody's projects!

I was wishing when I ordered the kit that delivery was via Star Trek replicator...you give them your credit card and zaaaaaappppp, the kit appears in front of you.

Sigh...I've got ants in my pants...can't wait to get started!!!

Well I've placed my order but just for the basic kit and a couple of small add-ons and when its international shipping you only get one shot I think. . I have absolutely no clue what to do with this kit though. Chris you are going to have so much fun with your build I can tell, if its started making you giggle this early you'll be rolling on the floor come September. I'm knee deep in a new project at the moment and my peanut brain doesn't seem to have room for 2 sets of cog wheels to turn at the same time. I think its time for a bit more staring - off to stare at the pages a bit more.

Well I don't have any form of an idea yet at all, but my kit has apparently shipped already. :p I think I'll print out a kit picture and post it on the wall for me to muse over while I'm working on the Magnolia this weekend...

<draping my arm across Chris' shoulders> <using my best southern drawl> Honey, if you think no one will get it, come sit by me. <cackle> I felt the same way when I did the Grim Reaper's party boat but I don't think I've ever had as much fun as I did playing with rowdy skeletons, that sassy alligator, tipsy rats, and a psycho skunk. Trust me when I say that if it makes you chuckle now, you'll continue chuckling the whole time you're building it and you just don't want to pass up that much fun. And we don't wanna be deprived of a good laugh either! See? Now you're morally obligated to go public with your crazy idea just to entertain your fellow miniaturists. <nodding> I'm so glad we had this little talk. :roflmao:

Deb

Well, I guess if I'm morally obligated, then I must comply...just remember: "You asked for it!!" :pullup: :D

And I LOVED your houseboat project!!! Laughed my rump off looking at all the wonderful silliness of it. I imagine you had an absolute blast doin' that one!

I imagine you had an absolute blast doin' that one!

Oh, I did!! I spent most of the time giggling and there were moments when I just laughed out loud at the sheer joy of it. That's why you should always follow your instinct when an idea makes you laugh no matter how crazy it seems. Life is too short to turn down the chance to laugh. One of the things I love best about miniatures is that they make me smile and laugh like nothing else can. If i want to shove crazy Aunt Harriet into a closet, I can do that in miniature and not get arrested for it.

I've been doing a lot of giggling over my Fling plans too. This is definitely not going to be a serious project for me either. It's whimsical and cool and just a little on the weird side which is going to have me chuckling too. I'm so glad that I'll have someone to laugh with while we're building even if it is for totally different reasons.

It's going to have __________ ___________ _____________!! I wasn't sure if I could find any, but I did and it's perfect! The fruit stand add-on is exactly what I needed for the ___ because there wasn't going to be enough room inside for that and the ____ ____, but if I put the ___ in the fruit stand, it'll be just right! The greenhouse is where the _____ _____ will go.

Did I mention that this is inspired by a cultural icon? <cackle> Well, okay, so it might only be a cultural icon to a certain demographic within a certain age group but it sounds good so that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Deb

Deb, I am soooo happy that the good Doctor is avaliable for some techie pep talking, and you see, the muse seems to allready have had a chatter with him somehow and she is now in kick behind gear so I am off to mail Lisa...

Hugs andthen I am off to look for some ______ and ______________ as that is such an important part for the g________ ________-_____ ______..... ;)