Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Ohhhh boy! If I'm understanding correctly, we are basically unleashed to do anything our hearts desire as long as we purchase the base kit? Muhahahaha.

Hrmmm, now I have to go and buy another add-on piece!

Bash, bash, bash...well, at least in my head, I am bashing!

So, I'm spamming the heck out of this thread. Sorry :p I am just so excited now. It took a little while and I was feeling sort of disappointed because everyone else was so enthusiastic but I got myself stuck in a bog of indecision.

When I first saw the kit, my mind said, "Ohmygosh, it's ___________ ______", and then, I started thinking, nooo, it's "_______ ___ ___'_ ________, or __ ________ _____."

Somehow, I didn't feel enthused but then, I started thinking about my initial reaction and...yippeee! I'm really anxious to get started and the research work is so much fun :D

I loved the kit the minute I saw it......and had no idea what to do with it.Nothing came to mind.I fretted and sweated..my mind in turmoil.Then I sat down and started drawing.The next thing I knew my whole project was drawn,and from every angle.Front/back,side/side,top/bottom.As I looked at my paper I felt great relief that I had an idea AND time to do it.Then I realised that only 24 hrs. had passed.All that worry and I thought the Fling was almost over.What a Kazoo!! Yep! Count me in..I shall order on Monday!! Thanks again,Dean..another job very well done.You make us Happy!!! :love:

Wow- so jealous that people have ideas! Good for you! Does that come from experience?

That's a really good question! I am not experienced in dollhouse building really, I've only done one full house and a few roomboxes.

I will say though that I had the same 'aha' feeling at first glimpse of this kit, that I have when I see something I can re-purpose. Or like that feeling you have when your 'mini eye' kicks in...when you see something like a toilet bowl deodorizer you can subvert to your devious, mad miniaturist schemes

...don't know why I ignored that feeling from the start but am glad I came back around :D

Wow- so jealous that people have ideas! Good for you! Does that come from experience?

Nope, it comes from being obsessive compulsive (OCD.) which is just the new politically correct way of saying... overly excited.

I have an idea but will have to see the house dry fit to see if this is what the house wants. Hopefully before the Bishop show. One year I bought things for the contest and the house said NO! Lol.

I had my ideas from about January. With the first sneak peak I tossed a few. With the second, a few more. With the third, all but one remained and I was convinced it was a 'final decision'. Then I saw the kit. Hmmmm........... It looked EXACTLY as I'd guessed and drawn after the first peak, but said 'no' I can't be right. So, I went back through the ideas I tossed, thinking how great it is Dean has this insane knack for creating magic. Next thing you know I get it stuck in my head I need to do an all different project. And suddenly NOTHING but this all new idea would work. Something ordinary. I felt let down. My ideas had been so grand. Then, one of the tiny people fighting to claim this years build pointed out how it was anything but ordinary and furthermore, they were laying claim to this one. Ok, fine. Be that way. It appears I am no longer in charge and it hasn't even arrived yet.

Ideas seem to be elusive here. As soon as I try to make an idea more concrete with drawings, it disintegrates. Hoping a dry fit when it arrives will prove inspirational. Also still feeling like I should have gotten a few more pieces when I ordered mine. Becoming more and more grateful for the extended timeline. Watch inspiration not strike until a month before the deadline, lol.

Hmmmm. I have absolutely no idea what to do with this kit this year. Feeling bad that not a jot of inspiration has come my way.

That's how I felt with last year's fling, I was amazed at all the fabulous designs all of you conjured up from it.

I am pretty happy that an idea has come to me... my idea is pretty basic... but this is my first fling and I am happy that I will be able to play :)

Play. That's exactly what I feel like we all do. Perhaps I am not speaking for quite everyone but I'm not far off. We aren't in this to compete. It truly is about the fun. There will be winners but that's just something that happens at the end of the contest.

Ohhhh boy! If I'm understanding correctly, we are basically unleashed to do anything our hearts desire as long as we purchase the base kit? Muhahahaha.

Hrmmm, now I have to go and buy another add-on piece!

Bash, bash, bash...well, at least in my head, I am bashing!

You're not far off. Buy the kit and submit three photos by deadline. I had last minute technical difficulties submitting my photos last year and at what had to be 2 am or later, his time, Dean himself helped me. Cheerfully. Time and again I have been over the top impressed by Greenleaf.

Yea me :) I finally made up my mind and ordered. I got 6 total things and there are 4 different things. It took forever to decide one silly detail.

So I got through the entire order process fine. I used paypal and hit pay and saw a wrong address flash before my eyes. I called Greenleaf and left a message with Bev in customer service to verify it went right. Any other advice? I hate feeling like a ditz.

Morgan, I placed an order last night and had a problem with Paypal also. I'm accustomed to the Paypal window opening up and I enter my ID, etc etc, and then the order is done. But they do it a little differently here, and I've run across it in one other place also. You should be getting an email with the instructions to finalize the purchase through Paypal. I was in a bit of a panic because I had used a gift certificate and knew I couldn't submit it again. I sent an email and explained the situation, and - ON FRIDAY NIGHT - I got 2 responding emails saying my order was complete, and another email to let me know one would be coming on Monday for the Paylpal information.

I didn't expect an answer till Monday, and was delightfully surprised to hear from them almost immediately. I'm sure you can just watch your email inbox for Paypal info. :bear:

Ok... I caved. I really wanted to try to enter this year but the kit wasn't speaking to me, except the greenhouse of course. So I've been staring at it for the past couple days and it finally said something. It was more of a whisper but I'm running with it! Funny thing is I didn't end up with the greenhouse lol : / I had an idea for _____ with _____ and ______. Been looking for the little things needed to make it Ike the image in my head, a bit nervous I won't be able to accomplish it though. I'll have fun though, guess that is all that matters.

I hope my kit arriving and going into dry fit doesn't suddenly change my plan (as these kits are sometimes known to do <_< )...whatever will I do with that lovely ruffled eggplant I made then??????? :ohmy: It isn't the sort of eggplant that could go in just any scene, after all.

Meanwhile, I have made several more frilly things...and have discovered that hard Sculpey clay and arthritis don't get along too well..(sigh) What was I thinking???? And I only have about ??? more to go... :bangin: So, with that in mind, I stopped by Michael's yesterday and bought..more Sculpey!!! :hide:

By the time this is over, I may be forever nursing sore, swollen lumps that USED to resemble hands! FLING ON!

Sit on the clay for a bit before you try to work with it, the warmth makes it easier to manipulate.

Yep, that works or even use a heating pad on low or hot water bottle. If it's really brittle though, it's probably just too old. I had to throw some out that hubby bought me, bless his heart, he thought he was doing something really good, found it in a corner of an old hardware store on clearance :) I didn't tell him I threw it out.

Sit on the clay for a bit before you try to work with it, the warmth makes it easier to manipulate.

Yup, was going to suggest that also. I hate working with the hard clay it is so hard on your hands. I can't imagine with arthritis!!! Ouch!!! Can't wait to see more sneak peeks. :drool:

:hmm: Maybe if I sit on it long enough, it will magically hatch into what I'm wanting..thereby eliminating my having to sculpt it at all? :noway::boot:

Thankfully, the new clay I bought is much softer and my hands breathed a sigh of relief.

• Like 1