Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Warmng clay ehhh??? So, if you don't want to have tomsit on it so to speak, <warningTMI ahead guys> the bra is an option ;) it also makes an interesting changing room conversation when forgotten... :giggle:

Can't wait to see the frilly outfitted eggplants though

Hugs

• Like 1

Warmng clay ehhh??? So, if you don't want to have tomsit on it so to speak, <warningTMI ahead guys> the bra is an option ;) it also makes an interesting changing room conversation when forgotten... :giggle:

Can't wait to see the frilly outfitted eggplants though

Hugs

Anna, I totally LOL!!!! :D My kids started asking me what I was laughing at. Now I am picturing those eggplants in a frilly bra. :rofl:

Oh Wendy, now THAT would be truly a blessing!!!

As hubby is in close contsct with the pillow I am trying to not giggle to loudly and am happy that the glass with water was beside me....

Hugs

• Like 1

You can use a special liquid to rehydrate brittle sculpey. Forget the name, craft stores have it.

You can get pasta machines at Michael's for $10 on sale to run the clay through several times to condition it.

These things help but aren't a fix. I usually have my husband condition my clay. The only painless way. He's a roofer and does hard work with his hands all day and even he hates conditioning clay. It takes ooomph and then some.

I like Holly's idea better because I tried that "reconditioner" for polymer clay and wasn't impressed with it. On the other hand, I'm very impressed with eggplants in frilly bras. They should be wearing little tap pants and ornate hairpieces too. Eggplants are notorious divas.

Chris, I completely sympathize with your arthritic hands. Mine are lumps most of the time too so I find all the shortcuts that I can. Anna told me her bra trick a few years ago and I've used it successfully along with the pasta machine. Would you like the link to my polymer novice diary where there are some tips? It was a Gazette issue last year and there might be some helpful ideas for Flings there. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/dollhouse_news/JAN2011/Greenleaf-Dollhouse-Kits-JAN-2011.html Pay close attention to the instructions on how to order chinese delivery while you're working because I think that's one of the most important parts.

I've been playing with my little round mosaic pieces. They have an almost lampwork appearance to them and designs of _______and ______ on them. I know what I want to do with them, just not where. It might be the front of the _____ or they could end up being around the ________ with the white ____.

Deb

I have lots of ideas of stuff other people could do but zero ideas that are calling my name.

One of my older grands wants me to recreate Area 51. I'm gonna have a long think on that idea.

Hoping when I see and touch the wood, something will emerge.

I like the canola oil idea better too. Just never heard of it. The stuff I bought is perfectly clear, which is important for me and worked perfect, but I am a NOVICE sculpter :) I really only do ______ and _____. Maybe I'll do some for the fling :)

I knew EXACTLY what I was doing. Changed my mind last night after my husband went to sleep. Showed him this morning and changed my mind AGAIN!

Good to hear I am not the only one who is indecisive and/or lacking a clear vision. I've been away all day and am now going to stare at the pics of the kit for a few more minutes to see if something pops up in my head. Tomorrow morning will be spent finishing a project and clearing my space because my Fling should arrive tomorrow afternoon!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advice on softening polymer. The old tuck in the bra trick...who knew?! LOL

Well, now the eggplants are all whining for frilly bras, tap pants and ornate hairpieces! I've put them in a time-out by smothering them in mulch until they settle down and behave themselves. Let them vegetate for a while and think about their vain ways... Silly things! :good_night:

In the meantime, another more 'sane' idea has popped into my head and is demanding to be taken seriously....OY! THE VOICES!!! :blahblah1: :blahblah1:

We'll just have to see who will win this battle when the kits arrive today. I don't think I can handle building TWO. Then they would be arguing about WHO's better and should be 'contest' worthy. I can just hear it.."Mom likes me better than YOU!" "Oh yeah? Well YOU were left on the doorstep by gypsies!" Such drama! :headhurts:

I thought I was the only one feeling like I should make two. Unfortunately three ideas decided to fight themselves out in my imagination. Right now I am on the 2nd half scale tiny room box mock up. I'm likin' this one :)

Ok, so here's a goofy tip most of you probably use already. When I find a large amount of basically junk dollhouse furniture for practically nothing, I buy it. I keep a tote of this furniture to paint, bash, simulate and stand in for what I think I want permanently. Then I play with it! It helps me alot.

Yup, was going to suggest that also. I hate working with the hard clay it is so hard on your hands. I can't imagine with arthritis!!! Ouch!!! Can't wait to see more sneak peeks. :drool:

I actually got little cans of Play-doh and used it to fill a storage room for last year's Fling.I made a dead duck,potatoes in a basket and other items.I was thrilled to discover that the clay hardened with no cooking-no toxic fumes-no change in color-no shrinkage-no big cost and it was soft to use!!

..And I forgot to mention that I just ORDERED MY FLING!!..So excited.I had another idea :idea_1: last nite and drew a second sketch..much to the dismay of my original drawing.You should have heard the scream!! So I tore up the 2nd edition and here we are...awaiting our new kit.I'm going to look out the window now..later folks! :bigwink:

Deb, does GL have an archive of past gazettes? I'd love to browse through the articles if they did. Seems like this would be a great place to find how to articles.

Here's a link to Deb's site where she has past issues listed as well.

http://www.debsminis.com/greenleaf_gazette_newsletter_archive.htm

Also, you can take a current issue, and just change the month and year in the address bar, and go to a back issue that way. :)