Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Finished the exterior finish today...finally. :banana: Long process, but it is what the 'owner' wanted. Feel like I had to return to kindergarten in some respects on this and just abandon all careful painting 'techniques' and 'let it flow'..

At any rate, it is now on to getting the roof figured out, and just how any hanging lights will be incorporated. Will be tricky..know that for a fact. And should I raise this and lower that? Who knows.

As always, FLING ON! :D

You hear TINY voices? I wish my kits only spoke in tiny voices; mine are LOUD & strident!

Hehehe :) I'd better think more before I decide a post has passed edit. I hear the voices of tiny people. Yes, some are very loud. In fact, on more than one occassion I have had to get up in the night and handle something just so they would quiet down and let me sleep. The real problem however was in grade school when several of them lived in a milk carton dollhouse in my desk.

• Like 1

I was hoping for a tiny voice yesterday to tell me where I put _____ . No help there I found it on my own with much bending around looking in containers under the back of dh table. nope. It was on top of a drawer unit under the front of table so I could settle down with this project and snip away. snip snip. I think it's to be another nice day and I can spread newspaper on the outside table and paint...... I need a dark green and all I can find is light. afraid to put black with that but I might try it.

Ohhhh directions say put 'good' side one way or t'other. Which is good side?? dark or light side??

I am up too early. Kindle is charging. Maybe next coffee will charge me. hahhaha

3 parakeets are going to their new home this evening. A good home where a minister and wife have been looking for keets for pets. They had cockatiels before and know to feed healthy veggies. I know I will worry for a while because these are mature adult birds 7 to 10 years old. I've had them several years due to teen agers not caring for them in seperate homes. One was with an elderly lady then her daughter then me. The idea is for me to not have to clean so much in their room. A parrottlet is to come here to foster while we look for a home for it. Maybe same family will want it. For now I will only have 2 birds. My quaker parrot/Lilo and handicapped Lovebird/Melody. this is so different for me use to have multi birds. The 2 cockatiels have gone to the aviary in a large bachelor flight. My daughter cares for all the ones out there. I think about 25ish.

okay I am through rambeling :-)

My Fling is being good. So far. I think it knows that I need to clean this place up to stay (relatively) sane, and that there is another project about half finished. When that is done, it will get all my attention.

It is disastrous for your house if you get the flu for two weeks and neglect it, especially if you have four cats. And it is shedding season. And you have allergies.

I am grateful to my Fling for its patience. Perhaps it is only practicing self-defense, not wanting to be dry-fitted by the sneezing monster that could blow it down at any time.

Suppose to rain tomorrow. FLING TIME! Was hoping to get time today. Not sure that will happen. :( Only took a break for a few minutes or I wouldn't be on here. But I do HAVE to keep up on what is going on with others Flings!!

Kudos to all of you who are busily creating along with your Spring Flings.

Can't wait to see all the eye candy that will be coming up in August (for those who can't wait to show and tell) and in Sept. (at the contest release).

I made a stab at moving a couple stacks of "stuff" and "found" my sewing machine. This was extremely vital since I'm in the midst of a prom dress overhaul for my granddaughters best friend. You know the deal, "Um, Gram, could you please help my friend take her prom dress in just a teeny bit? I told her you were the best seamstress in the whole world."

So, I guess I take the clean up process with whatever impetus comes my way and maybe my SF can emerge from the box again in mid June or so.

Still plenty of time (she foolishly keeps telling herself).

Been working off and on, on my SF. Have the interior floor pretty much finished. Not figuring out____________ and ____________ and then the hard part. Got to fit all of _______on to ______________. :banana:

Well.. I have the basic layout ready and the colour scheme of what goes where and why... also sorted out all the things that I need in addition.. having trouble fitting some parts together that logically look easy but in reality pose a problem............. but with a little patience and fiddling around it should be alright............

I've got some bits glued together (no more changing your mind Flingy) and have started to make a few bits and bobs for the inside as I'd like to actually make as much as I can myself. There are a few accessories that I really "need" though that I can't make convincingly so I will have to crack open the purse.

So far I've used the inside of a roll of masking tape, bits of foam core, a cake stand and various bits of wood from my scraps drawer to make the main features and I have flooring that will go nicely inside. I still need to cut more wood for the concessionary "make it a bit bigger" bit - that bit may or may not happen - depends on time and my ability to scratch build. I'm off on holiday at the end of the week so I'll be making up a little "take it with me " craft kit like I did last year.

Day two of my flinging weekend is going well...I'm working like I have only a week left!!! :lol: Of course, summer is coming and there will be lovely things to do outside...so I have to take the time when I can.

Hmm...that's an interesting mix, Jo!

The exterior walls are sort of prepped, as one layer of spackled sanded, the other layer of spackle is drying for a sanding session to get a silky smooth finish prior to part of the paint. Then o to try and create the ________ floor, hmmm, wondering how that will work... Add a _______ part to the roof and try and get the o_____ fiddly bits to work with that, add angles tot hat and we'll see how it works out. One of tha characters is n its way over the pond and the other one is hollering from the fimo clay to let it free... Need some more hours in the day to get something more done though.

Will also have to decide on the exterior parts, fuuuun!

Fling on everyone!

Hugs

So I've been working with 'my' 4 yr old on her castle and she's taking this huge interest in all my dh projects more than ever before. I'm loving it but.........I.suddenly have a 4 year old muse for my fling. Yep, that's right. I am being told to make changes by a little girl. And listening. Somehow lately I keep surprising myself.

In 2010, my first year flinging, I didn't even get to finish because we 'inherited' an autistic man and it was ccccccccccrazy. Last year, I won't go there even, life became rather unreal it was such a huge 'happening' in my home. This year, I was basically given a child. My question to everyone flinging.......Do crazy things start happening at your house when your SF gets going? Am I the only one?

I have the exterior walls almost done. Had to run out for more glue! Thought I wouldn't have to go anywhere today... you know the saying, best made plans :rolleyes: ... Now to get back to flinging! :D