Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

I feel dumb for asking but where do you put the code for free shipping? I can't find it..

sorry Jennifer but free shipping offer expired. shouldn't be too much though.

good luck,

LindaC

Brandaen.........your partners had cancer and you are worried about anything but enjoying life together? Excuse the non french but screw it! Who cares about a job, lack of, or anything that doesn't put a smile on your faces. It is not irresponsible to celebrate life and ignore anything that brings you down. At least until you are both back in a really good place like before devastating illness hit. I ORDER you both to leave every worry behind. And as far as visiting Holly..........if it were me, I would plan that as the highlight of my trip :)

• Like 1

I am really really bummed out ! I think I'm loosing my job so I am cutting back on minis this year

Anyways, please everyone keep me in your prayers and wish me relaxation in New Orleans ! Now to see if there are mini stores in New Orleans! I always like to look and I have not had a holiday in three years and I'm gonna get it lol.

- Oh please don't get rid of your mini's just yet. If it's a source of relaxation and stress relief, you could choose not to enter the contest but still have the kit to help you de-stress yourself.

- I don't always have time to mini much in my current state of affairs but I am a pit bull when it comes to thinking about giving it up. I just do what I can when I can and do TONS of sketching ideas in between.

- A set of colored pencils and a sketch book can go anywhere and go a long ways to fill in the voids between crisis's.

I forgot to mention Bonnie Broel's dollhouse museum that she and her son built and furnished over a period of many years. It is in her amazing house mansion on St Charles Avenue. It's at 2220 St Charles Street. You can get there on the St Charles streetcar line.

- I've been there twice when I was in NO for conferences and I am sure you will love it. It's quiet and peaceful and filled to the brim with eye candy. It has a beautiful garden out back where you can relax too if there are no functions going on at the time. The minis are breathtakingly beautiful. IMO.

- Enjoy a walk by the water and some coffee and beignets and breath in some relaxing fresh air. It will help. I guarantee.

- Fingers crossed that the job holds on or a super, much better one comes your way instead.

THank you so all so much ! It really makes me feel better and after so much we have gone through, we DESERVE this holiday. He made me finish the motel and I was so happy with the way it turned out, I made sooo much of the dang thing from dollar tree stuff lol made me think outside the box, something I have no real talent with, gotta get that to grow. I am a box person! lol

anyways, his hair has grown back and he has more energy than I ugh but it has made me appreciate every second of RL, but minis complete so many of us, really this forum is amazing.

I can't wait to go and see the city that I love ! you only get two chances to get life right, my mother always said lol, you live once for God and the other for yourself, maybe she was Hindu ? lol I love reincarnation, I wanna come back as a 6 inch doll to go in a Garfield lol !

Bran

Thanks everyone ! I am gonna try .....I refuse to let this get me down and I sent out feelers and got some nice responses back ( I never checked my email until this morning UGHHH ) . I am gonna take baby steps and look up and not be afraid!! I am going to fight !

My partner and I have not had a nice holiday since he got sick and damn it ! I refuse to allow us to not take this one, sorry for the curse guys and gals! I won't go into the nasty details but chemo sucks lol !! and it's been a really sucky three years and you are right minis make me loose myself in the tiny world I create....they transform and I loose myself in my little macabre world. I am sure we all get that same way, our little escapes !

Big hug and kiss and thank you to everyone !!!

Brandon, Prayers and hugs winging their way to you and yours. GO and have FUN. you both really deserve it. gosh to see a mini house and visit Holly. WOW.

I 'ditto' keeping the kit for another time. Not the contest but just because. Stick the box under a bed and 'think' of what you can do with it. Maybe when you get back from vacation you will still get in contest. If'n I could send you things to help I sure would.

((hugs)) for you both

Linda

Brandaen, I'm glad you've decided to keep on with your minis and to take your trip. You will love New Orleans, especially the French Quarter. It may give you some ideas for future projects.

Have a lovely time and try not to worry. Lose yourself in the beauty around you, refresh and come back ready to tackle whatever the future holds. You sound like a fighter to me.

You and your partner are in my prayers.

I am truly overwhelmed with everyone's kindness and love, I have never met any of you and can honestly say that you all are kinder and gentler and more genuine than any group of people I have ever not officially met !

I refuse to give up minis, they will take them from my cold little hands and then I gonna still take them with me lol. Just bad timing for the contest for me, but no worries there will be others, and if nothing else I will fling and share results at a later point when it's all done. I am just like everyone here UFO's and nooks and crannys full of small minis (or large lol) and I am currently pulling some pieces from one to feed another.

Now....I wanna see everyone's flings !

Much love and grace to you all

• Like 1

Brandan,

So sorry to hear that you can't enter this year but it sounds like you have your priorities right. Enjoy that holiday, I'd love to visit New Orleans -maybe one day.

Happy thoughts to all flingers and fling followers from very hot and sunny Cyprus. I've been making books for my fling today - the locals think I'm a crazy lady.

Will be going back home on Saturday and have oodles to do to my fling when I get back.

Fling on dear friends

Cyprus...how exotic! :D Hope you are enjoying yourself!

I've been flinging like mad every weekend...it's been quiet around here, so I hope you are all making great progress!

Haven't read this thread for awhile - lot's going on! Brandean, I hope you and your partner can have a wonderful vacation and get your health restored.

Yes, this group of people is really an amazing bunch. You all feel like family to me and I have only met two of you personally (and briefly). Would love to meet all of you!

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to enter the SF after all. It looks like we'll be making a major move from the West to the MId-West. We're putting our house on the market, realtor is coming over tomorrow, and have found a house we want to buy. But the thought of moving is debilitating :lightning: Is there anyone else here on the forum from Nebraska?

My little SF is not happy - still sitting on the workbench, waiting to be finished. But I will make it eventually and then will post belated pictures. I just love what it wants to be, and I must carry out the wishes!

Been catching up with work and a hectic three weeks of it.. haven't had time to breath, let alone take a look at my SF.. She complains about desertion....

Brandan, I hope you have the most fantastic holiday ever in New Orleans. You deserve it. It is always worthwhile considering participating when you get back..

Be prepared for rain and more rain Jo.. Just got back from London.. We could do with some Cyprus sunshine...

Anyway, loads of ideas in progress and nice to be back. I am making a long long list of things to do and things to make and things to change...

Love from the netherlands..

All the major pieces of my SF are at some stage of progress. I'm trying to figure out how to get in a sneak peak without completely giving it all away. Maybe I'll have to wait until I'm on non-key pieces.

I've certainly stepped out of my comfort zone on this one by using new materials or those I haven't touched in over 15 years. Some things are like riding a bike, others you have to relearn ;)

Not sharing is getting to rough. Only showing Hubby is becoming tiresome.

• Like 1

I am super duper excited, and I hope we get to see you Holly on the way back at least for lunch!

I'm jealous - I would LOVE to meet Holly in person. How far is GA from NE - :drive:

• Like 1

Brandaen.........it just occured to me.......New Orleans is FULL of people who have been through alot. Going there is a perfect idea for the two of you. You're going to find tons of people who will fill you full of positive energy and happiness. You are going there for your health. Such a good thing. And with digital camera's, you can afford to take all the pictures you want. Imagine the inspiration you will come back with :)

And all of you talking about flinging later........it looks that way for me too. Perhaps we will all be 'Late Flingers', ya know, kinda like late bloomers :)