Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Just got back from A&E. My mum is all potted up - well with a temporary cast anyway - we have to go and do it all over again on Wednesday to get a permanent one put on - oh joy. She's been moved into a residential old people's home tonight so I think life will be a little easier for her and for us too as she has lived with us for the last 6/7 years. She is being assessed to see if it should be a temporary or a permanent move but at her age, 91, she's not likely to regain many of her faculties. Its been so hard lifting her around and jumping when she calls that I'm looking forward to a bit of a rest. Got back at about 9 p.m. so I'm off to haunt the gallery right now.

Thank you for your kind wishes everyone.

I truly pity the judges; every year's entries seem more incredible than those past!

Holly I do so agree with you. It seems as if everyone has stepped it up not one but several gears. I have just spent a fab 3 hours going through the albums on here and my eyes were popping out. Wonderful wonderful stuff dear flingers. We are truly all winners this year. Hope everyone has managed to get their pics submitted now - and then - oh my, those poor judges - what a difficult task they have ahead of them.

Who are we missing? Traci, Sarah, Morgan and Wendy, right? Anyone else I'm missing? C'mon, Flingers!!! We're still cheering you on! :jumping: Get those entries in and join the party! :D

I'm here! Just posted my album. I spent the day taking pictures and then sneaking peeks at the gallery. I have to say that I was Blown Away by the entries! Holly is right, they do get better every year! Mine is simple but it makes me happy and I found that I love landscaping. Never really done much before, but I plan to a lot more now. I could have kept adding plants and flowers for weeks, but since all I had done was the shell and the stone floor as of last week, I went with a simple garden. I used a lot of flower soft, which I love and also made a dozen or so detailed paper flowers that took me forever! After seeing so many beautiful, detailed flowers in so many entries, that is my next thing to practice.

Thanks for cheering on us late workers! It really made me smile.

Now I need to take the dogs out and finish this laundry before I allow myself the treat of "really" perusing the gallery instead of just checking in quickly like I have been. At least I did get the craft room cleaned up. It was like a tornado went thru! Well, times-a-wastin'. There is so much eye candy to see!

I MUST go to bed now as I have to be up at around 5:45 to get my boys on the bus, but I just wanted to say to all of you Flingers

:jumping: :jawdrop: :drool::drool2: and of course

:congrats:

You are all winners and you inspire me with your amazing work :flowers: :flowers: Flingtastic job!

I am done!!!! THANK YOU AGAIN everyone that helped me through this. I hope Morgan and anyone else working to the end got done. :banana: I have opened up my album. Didn't put a description on them, will do that tomorrow. I love my Floating Island Resort. :D

I did it!!! After two hours on the computer and no luck with sending, I gave up and sent pics from my phone, hence no album uploaded yet. I will be getting my sisters help hopefully next week. Until then.......THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT.

Since I couldn't post an album, I'll tell you a little about 'Zadiebug's Barnhouse'. I'm sure everyone can guess who Zadiebug is :)

To begin, I had given up when our little Zadie came home in May (see Angel Update if needed) except for one thing. Havanaholly's advice on india ink/alcohol stain. Once I stained the strips of wood I couldn't stand not completing the project. And, when Zadie saw the barn with it's siding on, she begged for a 'little tiny one'. So, what could I say? :)

Built in both 1/2" & 1/4" scale, Zadiebug's Barnhouse is aged barnwood with trims in rainbow colors. I love it, but also see all the things I wanted to do that my new life as an old Mom doesn't allow. I will have fun adding to things over time. A good example is the greenhouse addition is for 1/4" scale and still needs a loft.

It seems real life hits us all. Jo, I am so sorry for what you and your Mom are going through. Selkie, I wish you had been able to fling. Yet you are here, being excited with us. Thank you so much my wonderful forum friends. You make a real difference in my life.

• Like 2

Congratulations Morgan - you made it after all - well done girl. Looking forward to seeing Zadiebug's barn.

Thanks for the good wishes for my mum. Last night I couldn't sleep and spent hours looking at the gallery. I felt so guilty that she has had to go into a care home and was washed with waves of affection for her that I hadn't felt in the last few months she lived with us. She will be assessed to see if she is able to come home again after a few weeks respite care, I hope she can. I don't know if anyone else has had this experience but my mum was quite difficult to live with over the last few months and sadly, I was looking forward to the day she would have to go into residential care. She moaned and groaned about everything but strangely enough, yesterday with her broken wrist she hardly complained at all. It takes some strange things to get your priorities back into perspective doesn't it.

Sorry - completely gone off thread. I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has left such lovely comments on my SF album - thank you lots.

PS - I never talk about personal stuff on social forums so it shows just how much I value my friends on here.

OMG! Every year, I keep thinking the entries can't possibly get any better, and then..THEY DO! You have ALL outdone yourselves, and the entries so far this year are truly magnificient!

You ALL should be patting yourselves on the back for a job WELL DONE!! All I can say is....

AWESOME!!!!!

Congratulations to all who participated. The judges certainly have their work cut out for them once again. How will they ever choose???? Glad I'm not a judge. I could never pick just 3. They are ALL amazing to me. :salute: I salute you ALL, and look forward to more glorious eye candy.

Jo, Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you. I read what was going on with your Mum yesterday but the seemed to be a whirlwind so decided to pray for you guys and wait till today and let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I have a friend who has had a terrible relationship with her father her whole life but has needed to care for him for several years. Very grumpy, complaining attitude toward her, and talked down to her. It was very hard and difficult for her. He fell and then needed to be in home for constant care. Their relationship has grown into a good one. She doesn't dread seeing him like she did before. I pray that this will help both of you, as a break is always a good thing. (for a short bit)

YAY MORGAN! (and everyone else that finished their fling) I can't wait to go and see all those pictures. I kept away from the gallery until now.......... See ya!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue4:

• Like 1

Not to get all serious or anything, but.......I have ALOT going on in my life that is pretty serious and I can do little or nothing about. Most people I know are the same. Life is hard for everyone. My circle includes the poorest of the poor and true wealth. No one is immune. Life is what it is. But.......we come here, get support and at the same time, support each other in what I consider one of the best forms of therapy on earth. It is too bad more people don't realize how beneficial miniatures can be.

Well said, Morgan :)

I'm still drooling over the gallery this morning...kids off to school so uninterrupted eye candy!!! You guys inspire me to add some more stuff to my own project. A proper base for a start, then some landscaping, more toys, another room, just little things :lol:

Just got confirmation from Dean so the Team is back work :salute:

I appreciate so much the affordable kit this year. Many Thanks to Dean and all of Greenleaf.

Definitely! I didn't get confirmation yet although it went through fine...(scurries off to bite fingernails and check e-mail)

Not to get all serious or anything, but.......I have ALOT going on in my life that is pretty serious and I can do little or nothing about. Most people I know are the same. Life is hard for everyone. My circle includes the poorest of the poor and true wealth. No one is immune. Life is what it is. But.......we come here, get support and at the same time, support each other in what I consider one of the best forms of therapy on earth. It is too bad more people don't realize how beneficial miniatures can be.

Here Here !!! :group: Group ((hugs))

Oh, Krin, I loooove the studio. Gorgeous!

Didja see that hand carved swan? brilliant. and the sink and wine and cheese? haha Do I like? Yep. Didn't pay much attention to the painters clutter, it's supposed to look like that. Okay I did pay attention and it looked wonderful.