Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Prayers said! I hope they can keep her comfortable. Knowing how much you were able to help her has to be some comfort. You are a great daughter. Just know that we all are there for you with love and comforting words. Hugs, Teresa

Thank you so much for your kind wishes and prayers everyone. My mum is comfortable and appears to be free of pain and with the steroid medication her mind is returning to normal so we can actually have conversations. Tomorrow she goes into a nursing home so I'm hoping they can meet her needs both medically and emotionally. You never know with these places - some are good and some are bad but at least she is able to tell me how they are treating her and if its not good I can get her moved.

Filling my time making minis to sell. I've made 2 chaise longues this week.

• Like 2

Jo, my thoughts are with you. My grandmother went from living with us to a nursing home in much the same manner. They can be very good places; Gram had 3 happy years there! It was hard for us because she was far away, but we were also relieved to know there were people there who could care for her much better than we could.

Saw those chaises...Gorgeous as usual!

• Like 1

OMG! Jo! I try hard to follow as many links as possible and check out peoples albums, etc. everyone here is sooooo amazing. But now I checked your etsy shop and oh dear heavens! How did I miss this? Your work is incredible. I absolutely LOVE the chaise lounge and footstool.

It is so incredible to have all these forum friends with so much talent. Isn't this hobby the greatest for vacations from real life??? Now if only I could figure out how to shrink myself and kick back on that chaise!

• Like 2

OMG! Jo! I try hard to follow as many links as possible and check out peoples albums, etc. everyone here is sooooo amazing. But now I checked your etsy shop and oh dear heavens! How did I miss this? Your work is incredible. I absolutely LOVE the chaise lounge and footstool.

It is so incredible to have all these forum friends with so much talent. Isn't this hobby the greatest for vacations from real life??? Now if only I could figure out how to shrink myself and kick back on that chaise!

Thank you Morgan. The shop is a bit depleted at the moment - the result of spending most of the summer on the spring fling but I'm trying to rectify that and get a few new things in there. Glad you like the chaise.

Jo, my thoughts are with you. My grandmother went from living with us to a nursing home in much the same manner. They can be very good places; Gram had 3 happy years there! It was hard for us because she was far away, but we were also relieved to know there were people there who could care for her much better than we could.

Saw those chaises...Gorgeous as usual!

Thanks Sarah. We had another disturbing day yesterday because my mum decided when she was moved to the nursing home, she hated it - instantly. She made such a big fuss and was crying wanting to go back to hospital. Unfortunately, once discharged you can't go back unless you start the whole process again so I had to get an out of hours doctor to come and see her which involved a wait of 6 hours to see if they could get her readmitted. The doctor told her to give the nusing home a chance - she listens to authority figures where she won't listen to me or any other family members - so eventually by 11 p.m. she had settled down enough for us to leave and get some sleep. I feel the whole process will start again today when we visit.

My father in law was like that. He fell several times when he lived with us and had to be hospitalized and once or twice went into a nursing home since there was no one at home who could give him the necessary care. He hated it and would fuss a d curse us out. Only one he would listen to was his dr!

I guess this waiting for the contest announcement is taking it's toll on all of us.

My MIL has just had an emergency trip to the hospital and she has always been the epitome of perfect health.

After a bazillion tests, they are deeming her fine but that still doesn't explain what happened.

Still trying to figure that out so it doesn't happen again.

Perhaps GL should hurry up with the results before we all self-destruct.

oh brudder can't get underline off. on laptop for a few days until new p

c sorted. I think it's the cable to the modem but it's working on here. dunno!!

jo, my thoughts and prayers still with you.

getting closer to true count down Flingers. yayy :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers for my MIL. She is doing fine. We are attributing it all to an anxiety based episode at this point. She is the kind of gal who always says she "just fine" even when the sky is falling on her head. Her hubs is having some serious ongoing health issues and we think it just came out in a pseudo heart attack type thing. She is being monitored closely but appears to be doing great. Maybe the forced rest in the hospital was what she really needed.

Okay, So, GL, when do we get the SF results ??????

My fingernails are shot and I even had to go out and get a new CAT 5 cable to keep my computer going so I can keep checking.

Please hurry ....

Of course, then we'll all just start whining about something else as soon as we are done looking at the winners albums now won't we?

We are such eye candy junkies - we just gotta admit it.

• Like 1

Nope not yet. Maybe they meant the first full week of oct. Sunday through sat. Not monday through sat. Lol. I can't wait to see all the entries! I thought there would be more chatter this week as everyone waits for results. Has everyone bitten their nails to the quick and are to sore to type? Just kidding.

We've all been so focused on finishing maybe it's hard to think about much else. Oh, yea.....the eye candy thing. Seeing everyones entries.........finding out who wins.......okay.........here's something to talk about. We don't need to mention names or details.....does anyone think they have an idea of who might be a winner in Greenleaf's opinion? Anyone think they have a clue? If you answer like I do (no, of course!) then you know how busy the judges must be :)

I would buy the book if Greenleaf made it. Every entry and their little stories........yep! I can just see it now. I could stare at every entry for hours. It's so fun to see what everyone did.

I don't have any idea who would win either. Especially since we haven't seen the non-forum people's entries. I wouldn't even want to try to guess who won. They are all so cool! I can't imagine being a judge. My eyes would cross in confusion! The suspence goes on! lol

I think I know first place. after that nope.

dealing with new pc woes, reformatting and programs not loading right and now my truck is broke down. a wrecker getting it today to deliver to mechanic.

Instead of mostly mini stuff around now it's discs and paper work I normally have on my desk. kitchen table has mini stuff where I was organizing into groups. need to get back to that.

back to programs.......