Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Of course it will Kathie!

I'm working on Friday, and then Friday evening and Saturday will be spent cleaning the house top-to-bottom for dinner guests on Saturday night...

My philosophy on housecleaning is to do it after the party. Pick up the stuff big enough for someone to trip over, polish the faucets in the bathroom sink & empty the wastebasket before the party. Nobody will notice the rest. They'll be too busy enjoying themselves.

• Like 1

My philosophy on housecleaning is to do it after the party. Pick up the stuff big enough for someone to trip over, polish the faucets in the bathroom sink & empty the wastebasket before the party. Nobody will notice the rest. They'll be too busy enjoying themselves.

So funny! So true!

omgawd is this still going!!! I just popped in to see the winners gallery and of course there isnt one :(

Geeze keeping everyone in suspense this year it seems...

I agree a post of what the hold up is would be nice :)

Where will this elusive "album" be located once GL finalizes the contest? Will it be in the gallery or????? Just wondered since I'm new to the community. THX!

There is a section of the gallery for contests, which is where all the prior SF albums are located: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=5047

Okay ... I'm a fairly patient person but ya know, the promise was 1.) longer for the build which was absolutely super fantastic but the rest of the promise was 2.) the results the first week of October.

Submit your 3 BEST pictures to thewinner@greenleafdollhouses.com by Labor Day, September 3, 2012, with the words in the subject line "I'm a winner". You can include a short description of your project. ... A select group of Greenleaf Staff, not Forum Staff, but the people that actually make your dollhouses, will select the winners based on originality. ..... The winners will be announced the first week in October and all the submissions will be uploaded to a special gallery for all to enjoy!

I'm sad to say that I've stopped looking as frequently because I know it won't be here yet. I want it to be but I'm losing enthusiasm.

I know deciding a winner from so many wonderful entries is an arduous task but maybe there needs to be a solid plan in place for that ahead of time.

Hm-m-m-m, I wonder if the situation was reversed, would late entries be acceptable?

Sorry for the rant ... I just want to see the winners already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty Please with wood glue and wood bits on top?

I know what you mean Selkie. Kind of getting frustrated here also. Usually Dean lets us know what is going on. I hope everything is alright. Been quiet here lately I wonder if other people are tired of looking for news also. I would at least like to see the albumn. Sorry if I sound crabby!

I agree with the others that I sure am losing my enthusiasm now. It was exciting at first anticipating the outcome and waiting to see all of the entrees. From what I have read from members this is rather unusual to wait this long and also not to have any update from GL. Hopefully there is not a serious problem with Dean and the others that we are not aware of.

No news is good news.. probably it means that the jury is still out and the results are still undecided. I'm convinced that there will be a final decision and a winner announced somewhere this week. :3rd:

if not, well we're all winners already since we had all the fun of making a creative contribution..

Soooo..........Greenleaf team.....Dean......if you're listening, here's my idea for next year. Ribbons are cheap. Get ribbons each year. You remember how in school they'd find a reason to give every kid in the class a ribbon? Well starting next year, you could pick out several non winner winners right away. Feed them to us every Friday, one at a time, until the final reveal. And, there may be a ribbon winner as a final winner, who knows. You could give ribbons for a zillion different things. Best base. Most colorful. Youngest/Oldest participant. Best Name. Most unique.......

Anyway........just sayin........

• Like 4

Well its Friday October 12th - at least over here it is - and I'm checking in as usual to see all the winners and runners (sigh)

Think I'm struggling to understand just how it can take 6 weeks to judge a competition where there are probably less than 100 entries. Even with initial disagreements, it should be fairly straight forward to schedule the time to complete it in 1 week. Would appreciate an update and an explanation from Greenleaf of their process and why it takes so long.

Sorry if that sounds like Mrs Grumpy but RL can be so bad sometimes that you end up searching for light relief wherever you can.

• Like 1

Well... It should be revealed in the first week of october, isn't it?

I keep my fingers crossed for my friend Krins entry, the Studio of the forgere, and I do hope she wins. But Jo's and Brae's are my favorites too!

Well... It should be revealed in the first week of october, isn't it?

I keep my fingers crossed for my friend Krins entry, the Studio of the forgere, and I do hope she wins. But Jo's and Brae's are my favorites too!

Thank you, Marie-Louise! :flowers:

I just stopped in to see if anything had been decided yet..guess not.Well, I wouldn't want to be a judge..too hard.The only SF I've seen,(besides mine) was Jo's...and it is beautiful!!!I haven't dared to look at the others yet..but I will!!As usual, I had a wonderful time making my "Fling"..sigh..can't wait 'til next year!! Hahahahaha...

Good thing I know I'm not a winner. I'm having massive email issues :(

Sooo......I had another thought. (it happens on occassion) Once the winners are announced this group goes quiet. Just so you all know, I will be looking forward to meeting everyone here again next fling. You make a real difference in my life and I thank each and every one of you for being a part of something that brings me so much happiness. Do we really want the winners announced yet? Sniffle sniffle.

• Like 2

Well, from what I have perused in the gallery, they are ALL winners. Wishing all of you great good luck. You all deserve prizes, or at very least...a standing ovation!! :jumping: :groupwave::bounce8: :jump:

Celebrate your accomplishments. You ALL deserve it.

• Like 2

They may not have gone out yet but I know it's very close because I saw their last 10 finalists earlier this week. A couple of them had the Flu too so I wouldn't be surprised if they have not gone out yet but I know it's really close :wave: