Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Well it looks like my kit is finally on its way (pay pal slow not Greenleaf) and I can look forward to its arrival hopefully next week. I'm having no problem being patient. My problem is my tiny friends are fighting for their idea and they've invited tiny friends I've never met to join in.......they're asking for things I've never done and things that I didn't want to do. They are all quite a bother right now. The kits arrival will help because then I will have to make a decision and DO something.

I'm glad you guys understood what I meant coz I don't think I expressed it well, but you got that I was talking about looking at the positive side of things and not giving visitors a negative impression. That's all I meant. After the strokes I don't express myself very well, especially when it comes to positive and negative (or left and right for that matter) but I had to try and point out that there are a lot of guests and we want to make a good impression, that's all. I'm just gonna be over here in the corner quietly working on my communication skills.

Deb

• Like 1

I can't wait to touch the kit this year and get started! The "Green Team" are Fabulous and customer service is top notch! If it's received broken, they will fix it. That's their wonderful motto! I Love my "Green Team" and am so happy to be part of them! Laser cut give you true authentic scale which is tricky as many people will tell you. It's the best!

• Like 1

My greenhouse arrived just fine. Only one teeny, tiny easily fixable crack..no biggie...I have glue and am not afraid to use it. 'Course, it was wedged between so many other things I couldn't live without, it was well protected! LOL

As for my Fling...it has changed its tune almost entirely..again!! (sigh) Now, it wants to be all decked out in _____ and gee-gaws and whatcha-ma-hoojies!!! Sheesh, I hope this is the very LAST time it does a 180 on me... I'm gettin' far too old for this kind of shenanigans!! And I refuse to be wandering about at the Bishop show without some sort of FIRM plan in mind. That is just setting myself up for "buy everything - you just might need it!" :blahblah1::salute: Although the 'new plan' certainly sits well with my frilly eggplant..hehehe

Mine arrived in perfect condition. Question about scale- how is it possible to change the scale when the door is set in 1:12?

Glue the door blank in place, plug the hole with scrapwood, cut new door the right size.

Glue the door blank in place, plug the hole with scrapwood, cut new door the right size.

Or...if you want to keep the windowed door...take the door out, cut it down to 1/24, then plug the rest of the hole with scrap wood.

Oh, wait...the window in the door is too wide to fit 1:24...never mind...

Edited by iseecerulean

I love the greenhouse even more in person; as someone said above it is amazing what GL is able to do with that beautiful wood and a laser! I love this year's kit so much, I am having a hard time thinking about bashing it. I want to buy an extra just so I can build it and love it just as it is meant to be.

Deb, no apologizes needed I don't think. You expressed yourself just fine. I don't think anyone will take what you said in a negative way.

I opened my package last night. Man do I love the smell of a new kit! Unfortunately I had to wrap it right back up as I can't start it till I'm back at home. The idea I have is pretty simple and straight forward. I'm hoping something else comes along that amazes me.

• Like 1

As for my Fling...it has changed its tune almost entirely..again!! (sigh) Now, it wants to be all decked out in _____ and gee-gaws and whatcha-ma-hoojies!!! Sheesh,

Girl, if you come up with a tutorial for whatcha-ma-hoojies, you know that we want first crack at it! I'm not sure anyone has ever perfected that particular process. Are you using polymer clay or rusty parts leftover from a 1974 Chevy BelAire for the whoosis?

I finished the lighthouse last night! Yay! I was hoping to get it done before the SF arrives and I get totally distracted. Now I can take pictures, pack it for shipping and get the table all cleaned off and ready for Flinging. It's perfect timing and I have to thank the Fling for getting me motivated to finish some UFOs. That poor lighthouse has been sitting half naked on the shelf for over a year and if not for the incoming Fling, it would probably still be sitting there.

So, is anyone hungry? I brought some virtual cinnamon rolls, coffee and hot cocoa this morning.

Deb

Mine hasn't shipped yet. Apparently it's sensitive to this week's staycation being for the Heritage. How thoughtful. :lol: And, I have been getting a lot done on the Heritage. Actually, I've a few things to get for the SF before it arrives, so I best get on that. I also borrowed two documentaries and one Hollywood flick on my theme from the library. :popcorn: Time to make snacks... It's delicious to sit in my pj's and watch a movie on what is normally a workday.

Girl, if you come up with a tutorial for whatcha-ma-hoojies, you know that we want first crack at it! I'm not sure anyone has ever perfected that particular process. Are you using polymer clay or rusty parts leftover from a 1974 Chevy BelAire for the whoosis?

I finished the lighthouse last night! Yay! I was hoping to get it done before the SF arrives and I get totally distracted. Now I can take pictures, pack it for shipping and get the table all cleaned off and ready for Flinging. It's perfect timing and I have to thank the Fling for getting me motivated to finish some UFOs. That poor lighthouse has been sitting half naked on the shelf for over a year and if not for the incoming Fling, it would probably still be sitting there.

So, is anyone hungry? I brought some virtual cinnamon rolls, coffee and hot cocoa this morning.

Deb

LMAO! Maybe both polymer and car parts... :bigwink: Of course, this project will no doubt want nice, new shiny car parts - off of a Maserati, Rolls Royce or a Bentley! <rolling eyes> Maybe I can get in touch with Jay Leno...he might have some spare 'stuff' lyin' around and take pity on me. Goodness knows, he has more fancy cars than he can handle. It's either that, or I will have to resort to DH's old, grimy spare airplane parts. :nonono: Maybe the ______ would like a large propeller... :hmm:

Congrats on finishing the lighthouse!! Can't wait to see photos.

Alright everyone.. :flex: :whip: :trumpet: FLING ON!!!

p.s. That WAS thoughtful of it, Brae!! LOL Fear not, it will show up just when needed. (and begin demanding all sorts of stuff!) :bear:

I apologize if what I said offended anyone.

I surely didn't mean anything negative about GL.

They are THE BESTEST company I've ever dealt with !!!!!!!!!!

I'm just usually a procrastinator about opening things til I'm ready to use them which is sometimes years later.

Cinnamon rolls! Did someone say cinnamon rolls??? Bring them on!

Best of all, they can be those gigantic Cinnabon cinnamon rolls just dripping with icing and there will be no calories in them at all. I love having breakfast in the virtual world.

Deb

• Like 1

They are great at Greenleaf. I just dealt with a really rude man at Dollhouse Collectibles. I have never ordered from there and noticed shipping was going to take 10 days so I thought I would call and ask if I could pay for faster shipping, he was very RUDE, and used a lot of language. ... He emailed back and said it was cancelled and to never order anything from him again. Amazing. ... made me realize how great we have it with Greenleaf!!!!! Thank you everyone on Greenleaf staff and helpers for all you do for us. We really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove:

Yes, we do get spoiled by Greenleaf and HBS and don't realize how good we have it till we go somewhere else! I went to the website you mentioned and noticed something up at the top -- It says "Choose Language" -- maybe you were supposed to click on that and select "Polite!" -- :rofl:

• Like 3

Just checked my email again and ran the confirmation number - it's on the way! Should be here today but mine is coming via regular post office, not UPS. (Doesn't matter - both delivery guys are sweethearts). And USPS usually gets here before UPS :D How am I supposed to concentrate now? :bounce:

Ok.. after long hesitation and thinking do I really have the space and time I have just decided to order the kit.. It is not quite clear what I will turn it into but it looks too good to resist.. and basically i think it could be a european ................. or maybe a dutch ......... or maybe something else that i will think of while building.. and with time until september this should work out....

rgds..