Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Yes, we do get spoiled by Greenleaf and HBS and don't realize how good we have it till we go somewhere else! I went to the website you mentioned and noticed something up at the top -- It says "Choose Language" -- maybe you were supposed to click on that and select "Polite!" -- :rofl:

CJ, thank you so much!!! You made me laugh right out loud!!!!!! :jumping:

• Like 2

First Pay Pal did an e check, which it shouldn't have, and it doesn't clear for days, as is procedure. My kit did not ship until Wednesday. I am on the west coast and know from experience shipping should take about 5 days or more, therefore, next week. I have been patient as patient can be. Now, I was checking my account and accidentally figured out how to check my tracking. Whoops! 'Delivery Confirmation'? MY SF IS AT THE POST OFFICE!!!!!! Ok, fine. Calm down. Patience. Whatever. I can wait until tomorrow as breaking into the post office is a no no. I can do this. The post office is in town just 5 miles away. But.........the first (and this means also last) mile is 10 mph. Noooooooooooooooo!!!!! I'm asking you, have any of you ever tried driving 10 mph when there is a Spring Fling Kit at the other end???!!!

First Pay Pal did an e check, which it shouldn't have, and it doesn't clear for days, as is procedure. My kit did not ship until Wednesday. I am on the west coast and know from experience shipping should take about 5 days or more, therefore, next week. I have been patient as patient can be. Now, I was checking my account and accidentally figured out how to check my tracking. Whoops! 'Delivery Confirmation'? MY SF IS AT THE POST OFFICE!!!!!! Ok, fine. Calm down. Patience. Whatever. I can wait until tomorrow as breaking into the post office is a no no. I can do this. The post office is in town just 5 miles away. But.........the first (and this means also last) mile is 10 mph. Noooooooooooooooo!!!!! I'm asking you, have any of you ever tried driving 10 mph when there is a Spring Fling Kit at the other end???!!!

Hehehe, aww, you'll make it! yippee! Flingy Dingy!

• Like 1

.........the first (and this means also last) mile is 10 mph. Noooooooooooooooo!!!!! I'm asking you, have any of you ever tried driving 10 mph when there is a Spring Fling Kit at the other end???!!!
It sounds like a cruelty joke!

I'm pretty sure if I take my foot off the gas my car idles at 15 mph. I would have to step on the brake to keep my car at 10. I have a hard enough time going 30 mph to my post office when I have a package waiting, lol.

And why does Paypal do those echecks? They are just a big pain in the behind. I'm excited for you that you get to have it in your hands today, that first dry fit is always such fun...so many possibilities!

post-2296-0-44719800-1334339234_thumb.jp

OK..here's another teaser pic.

She's not quite finished yet, but she sooo wanted to say "Howdy-doo" to all of you. She said September was FAR too long to wait.

I told you - she is a vain little minx. (I figured she couldn't exactly give away any hint of what my project is, so I succumbed to her pleading) Who knew eggplants were so theatrical?? Not me!

The way she is posing, I'm not quite sure if she is about to break into the Highland Fling, or if she is just showing off. :ermm::dunno:

Anyway, say Hello to Ms. Vanity Fair...the talk of the vegetable patch!! They DESPISE her. lol

p.s. - She broke her arm while practicing her 'moves'..at least, THAT'S what the other vegetables in the patch said. I had to perform delicate 'glue surgery'. sigh

• Like 1

Yup that eggplant is the best!! But I'm hysterical because my Fling Kit is HERE!! All in one piece-very neatly wrapped,and on

Friday the 13th!! Lucky day for me.Thank you Dean and crew.You and the mailman have made my day..week end..month or two!!

Happyhappyhappyhappy :music_band: :monkeydance: :jumping:

• Like 1

I'M FLINGING! But........first I realized my husband had the po box key, a requirement to pick up my package. Thank you Dad for meeting me at the post office with your key :)

So I figured this wasn't even it. It's so small :) I was waiting for something to jump out of the box and pop up, like those one hand tents.

My greenhouse arrived undisturbed and content.

Now to figure out what's up. Do I want a 1" or 1/2"? A ___________ or a _________ ____. Of all times for my tiny friends to be napping.

AWESOME KIT DEAN!!!

It sounds like a cruelty joke!

Holly, your comment was amusing. Until I began to wonder! :) :) :)

I had just finished my post after I got my dry fit accomplished. Remember the 10 mph road? NO ONE comes to visit without calling. Except today. Ths minute I finished my post. I finally got my shell out of the other room and played with it anyway :) My male, never played with a doll in his life friend says it's a beach cottage. It could be. But not this one :) Nope. It can't make up its mind what it is! I can't wait till my husband gets home. I'll corner him...............

Well, I can sympathize with Morgan! I'm checking the USPS website 3 times a day, but my kit still isn't here. First it said "expected delivery date April 12" - as in YESTERDAY. :D But no, it didn't make it. :ohmy: So today it says it left the Federal Way/Tacoma facility at 8:30 this morning. That's ONE HOUR away from our P.O. so I anxiously await the mailman :mail: - who goes zinging by without a package. So my mother stops in at the P.O. after her hair appointment (having a fender-scraper incident in the parking lot) and the package is NOT at the Post Office either! :cry: Oh me, oh my! Just got off the phone for the 4th call re the parking lot incident - a 1 1/2" scrape on the bumper of a BMW - of course half the car has to be replaced!! Blood pressure is slowly returning to normal - the last call was from the insurance company who said the lady called back and has decided not to involve the insurance company. Whew! My 89 year old mother does NOT need an insurance claim at this point!

So how's your day going? :insane:

One of the groups we joined after moving here is the local Jazz Society and today we helped move boxes of STUFF from the offices to the venue for the annual jazz festival tomorrow & Sunday. Gee, I wish I were cooped up with minis!

Made my first _____ for my SF which will be a _______ but it was a flop... will try again tomorrow after working on my Queen Anne for a bit.... I was surprised to find that making _____ was much harder than I thought it was going to be......

giggle... this SF stuff is silly fun isn't it :)

everyone have a fabulous weekend.

Thanks for the positives on that vain eggplant I'm harboring. She's quite the character, and will hold a place of 'honor' in my Fling. (although SHE may not like where she is going..hehehe)

Glad everyone has or is about to get their Fling pkgs. Ain't it fun??!! :banana: I received my 2nd order from GL today and will need to really get busy now. I have been SO dawdling the last couple of days.

I have to order more _____, and will have to try and hunt down some more thinga-ma-hoojies and gee-gaws. (I checked DH spare airplane parts, and none of it comes even close to what I am goin' for) Looks like a trip to Hobby Lobby or Joann Fabrics is in order.

Have a marvelous weekend everyone, and FLING ON!