Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

I have not been here in awhile but HAD to come look at the SF entries! :ohmy:) They are awesome!!!!! wonderful job everyone and good luck!

JULIE, I've wondered where you have been. Good to see you. SF would bring you in to look :D

Zadiebug's Barnhouse.......

For me, every build has deep meaning and a real story to tell. The reason I completed my Spring Fling is that I have been so afraid for our Zadiebug I felt powerless. Completing my entry was something I had the I power to do. And if I could do it, maybe it would make me feel more powerful. Today, was mediation for a custody settlement prior to court. I have 'Zadiebug's Barn' as my phone wallpaper. So here I am in the attorney's office lobby, waiting to go in for mediation with 4 involved parties, 3 different attorney's and countless issues. Needless to say, the level of stress was astronomical. I'll give you three guesses what I did while waiting. Yep! Showed off Zadiebug's Barnhouse.

We've been given full custody. There is much to deal with but, we are now Mommy and Daddy. It appears I have a new partner in mini's.

Thank you all so much for the support. We have had our miracle for this amazing little girl who is excited to call us Mommy and Daddy and we couldn't love her more if she'd always been ours.

• Like 2

Congrats Morgan and your new family.

How wonderful that this is finally over for you and you can go about being the mom and caregiver you are meant to be.

Did you post your Spring Fling on GL?

I haven't been able to find it yet but I'm not always the brightest light bulb in the pack when it comes to the gallery and tech stuff.

If you have it on another location, could you post a link please so we can see it?

Yes. Thanks for all the good things everyone is saying. We have been so grateful for the support. Our new daughter is amazing and articulating well how excited she is to be a family. She loves anything tiny. She plays with all kinds of really great tiny toys with her pink castle. But her favorite favorite thing is her animals. Stuffed animals. She LOVES them. The mediation was in a resort town, she had to stay home with Grandpa and Grandma and so we took a little side trip to a tourist gift shop and got a new pink and lavender baby horse stuffie to give her last night. Then, we got three finger puppets, a mismatched lot if ever there was one. I wrote a story about a different kind of Mommy, Daddy and Daughter. We each used puppets representing us to act out the story tonight as I read it. When I was done, she cried 'Again! Again!' So we read it twice. All in all my husband and I are the winners no matter how you look at it. This is better than winning the lottery. She is safe. And excited to be old enough to play with 'Zadiebug's Barnhouse'.

• Like 2

Me too.

My sister and I have bets as to what Deb's is.

So come-on Deb - give us a view - even if it's not finished yet.

I'm hoping I win the bet.

I'm sorry that I've been AWOL lately. There have been some new medical issues recently and I've sort of been hiding from the world for awhile just trying to wrap my head around it all. I stalled out on my SF but I'm not giving up! I'm soooooooooooo close to being done so once I start back to work on it, it won't take long to finish. I'm hoping that I might be able to get back into the studio soon. In the meantime I've been gradually working thru the gallery here and eating up all the eye candy! You guys have all outdone yourself this year and I've been applauding each and every entry. There is SO much talent here but even better is the fun that everyone has had building this kit together.

Tracy nudged me to this thread yesterday and said that people were asking about my build so I thought I'd show you another sneak peek picture but I'll also tell you what I'm doing just because it's a fun concept and I know that it'll give some of you the giggles.

Here's the sneak peek:

If you were a part of the MTV generation, that goat's butt probably looks very familiar to you. LOL!! I know a couple of you have guessed by the hints I dropped; especially about heading down the Atlanta highway. Here's the link for the video that explains it all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn1VkmD_U_8&feature=fvst

<cackle> When Dean showed me the prototype of the kit I sent an email back to him yelling "Loooooooooooooooove Shack!!!!" because that's all I could see. And it's coming out to be almost a perfect duplication of the Love Shack in the video. What's weird is that I was never a fan of the B52s and didn't care much for the song or the video, but that's what the kit wanted to be and it's been a ton of fun making it in miniature. As soon as I have it finished I'll post pictures of the whole thing. I've tried to recreate the details as closely as possible even down to the cocktail glass by the bathtub. One thing for sure, it's wild and funky and colorful and definitely a place to have a good time.

Deb

That is awesome!

Deb, we have a friend that loves to ask "are we there yet" every 15 minutes or so when we take long road trips (normally 5-6 hours) to go hiking. Well, I learned that he hates the song love shack. Now every time he asks, I turn on the car stereo and hit cd - yeah the one with nothing on it but love shack; made that just special for him :nana:

I looooove build this idea and I'm sure he will too :D

Hope you're feeling up to finishing soon!

Oh Deb, hope you are feeling better soon!

I was thinking Love Shack, but don't recall the video too well, even though I was glued to MTV as a kid. I guess if it wasn't one of "my bands" it was a talk break, bathroom or snack break. :)

LOVE the shack so far! Every picture has made me smile!

Now that the SF projects are public, a friend and fellow miniaturist sent me two scans of real life 1916 paintings for the Lounge. They are beautiful landscapes but also seem to have some historical significance to the war. I had to move some things around to make room for them, but I just had to include them. :)

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=83218