Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

http://www.unrealdetails.com/ This is link for Magic Water product. The tutorials are wonderful and could be useful for any of the water products you've chosen.

Jo, there are many waterfalls and I think instructions. check out the galleries. No one will be disappointed.

It is quiet here now. I guess everyone having withdrawls :-)

On to busy stuff not mini related......

So here's a question (hope it's not a thread killer) What have you done with your Fling now that the deadline has come and gone? I have very little display space, so I had to take the accessories out of mine and put them away. I really don't know what to do with the main structure...thinking of giving it to a little girl I know.

Of course, right now my youngest is using it to play, "Thomas/Gordon Comes to Breakfast" If you haven't read it, the story is about how Thomas loses his brakes and crashes through the side of the stationmaster's house while they are eating breakfast. He wants me to put the kids back in the house so they can say their "lines" :lol:

• Like 1

I moved Baxter Pointe Villa from its display table in the dining room to the old Newport table in the second bedroom. I moved The Aero Squadron Lounge to the former BPV table. I have the Heritage still on the dining table, so once that is complete...it will sit next to BPV on the old Newport table. The build after that, well, then I am going to have to do some rearranging. :D Oh, what a familiar problem, right?

My building including table and a lot of the accesories will go to the church waiting for Christmas to donate to a young girl we choose. The tree can lay down on the table, accessories will go in a shoe box. It was suggested to transport by truck (which I have and intended to do) to cover building and pond with a box and use bungee cords to secure. AND drive as slowly as possible. Mostly a 65mph area before it slows down but if no traffic I can go slower. Think I will be in better frame of mind to build shop for main dollhouse when this one is moved out. Lots of cute ideas for shop. A lady gave me a lug wrench which will sit on top of a tire. It isn't really one but sure looks like it.

Hoping that can be soon so I can bring in the 72" table that will be my lake scene with travel trailer. Can store the boxes of styrofoam under it and accessories collected to get them out of my laundry room. This table will live in it's spot right behind me here on the computer :D . Unless I move things around before that. Getting help would be a bear so I doubt that will happen. Slowly getting carpets shampooed a bit at a time. That helps my frame of mind also. My mind hops around a bit. Keep saying to myself 'Self you have to do shop first'...

Scrounging for accessories for SF put aside items too large for 1" scale. Mostly Barbie size. Took photos and got them on ebay. I don't have much luck there always due to postage.

Anticipation ~~~~~ oh my oh my oh my :bounce: bouncing off the walls with it. also thinking of entries not in the forum. We don't know about those...

Off to read more.

Mine is in the sunroom (3 season) room right now. But it is getting colder and will have to bring it back in soon. Then it will probably go to the basement with the other houses. I have another cotest house displayed in the livingroom, but this fling is to big for the space :(. Maybe...

I'm not very good at putting my builds away. Hiding them in second bedrooms, basements.......ha! Mine is in the middle of the kitchen table still. Next, it goes in an entertainment center in the bedroom, just for miniatures. Chimley Cottage, from last year, takes up the whole top. My husbands collections are in storage!

Hi, everyone!!!!! Since I live in the "dust capitol" (Arizona)......just wondered how you protect your dollhouses? Right now I have my SF on a large countertop between my kitchen and family room but I did put some clear plastic sheeting over the structure. I really hate to cover it but then I wanted to protect it. We take the plastic sheet off when friends stop over because they all want to see it. I will begin building my Garfield soon and thought I would ask how you display your creations? I hate to keep mine covered but then again I can't imagine trying to dust those tiny places. Would love to know your thoughts and suggestions.

Oh, and also.....I will most likely be using wall paper for the walls in the Garfield but if I just want to paint a wall and the wood is all deeply grained, what product should I get to coat the walls before painting? Even with much sanding the grain could still show through so I thought I would ask the experts!!!!!!

Depending how big the gaps are in the wood, you should be able to fill with lightweight spacke for larger spaces and prime with Gesso (a very thick acrylic paint available at most craft and art stores) to help even out the overall appearance.

I know some people use regular household wall primers. I use the household stuff on the walls regardless, because the acids from in the kit wood will destroy paper or paint jobs over time.

I use compressed air for dusting. I've seen it just about everywhere Target,Costco,Walmart all carry it. Just look in the electronics section.

Regarding your wall prep, be sure to paint ALL the walls even the ones you plan to wallpaper. Wood has natural oils in which will come through your paper and leave ugly brown marks all over your hard work.

Hi Gail, Be sure to do a post in the New Member forum to introduce yourself. When you have 5 posts you can go to your gallery to create a photo album. We love to see what everyone is working on.

My favorite job 'retirement'.

I am glad you found the group too. Enjoy.

LindaC/Oklahoma