Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

My fling had a visitor! I had it in the sunroom (3 season room) and a mouse or chipmunk must have gotten in. I looked at it yesterday and I thought the grass was faded from the sun. Looked again and said WHAT THE...the grass was gone glue and all. I don't know what he/she is would do with it. Food, bedding? He/she was considerate though as there were no teeth marks. At least I can fix the grass. That was all that was done to it luckily! What a surprise!

A question...how does Greenleaf notify the winners. E-mail, phone? Just wondering. I hope we find out the results this week!

2011 winners: Otterine, Jo Med and Charlan

2010 winners: Otterine, Mad Hatter and Rich T

Do I have this correct?

You have me running away with the loot! :lol: Charlan and her sister won last year for their beautiful Downhill Ski Shop.

My fling had a visitor! I had it in the sunroom (3 season room) and a mouse or chipmunk must have gotten in. I looked at it yesterday and I thought the grass was faded from the sun. Looked again and said WHAT THE...the grass was gone glue and all. I don't know what he/she is would do with it. Food, bedding? He/she was considerate though as there were no teeth marks. At least I can fix the grass. That was all that was done to it luckily! What a surprise!

A question...how does Greenleaf notify the winners. E-mail, phone? Just wondering. I hope we find out the results this week!

At least he/she didn't kidnap the Mole!!! :lol: Only the first place winner is notified in advance by email; the rest are revealed here on the forum. :)

the suspense is killing me.... LOL.... I am just itching to see the gallery with all the entries we haven't seen yet....

and far as the winners.... I have my own personal favorites, and hope they are the winners

of course that being said.... everyone worked so hard and all the entries are just gorgeous... so all the entries are really winners in the end :)

• Like 1

Well said Kelly. We all have our favourites but each one of us will have different favourites which just shows how difficult a job judging a competition like this is. Give the judges a couple of days off when its all over Dean - well at least the ones who didn't start any punch-ups.

:lol: Maybe we ought to send them a case of wine to celebrate the announcement of the winners. We want them to be happy when their job is done. Don't want them to remember how hard it was to choose. Wouldn't want them running to hide when next year's judging comes around!

• Like 1

So- if the winner doesn't respond to their email, does that delay the "reveal" process? How long has it taken in past years to see all entries in one album?

I didn't realize there would be more entries than those we've already seen on the forum. I'm salivating!

Holly, I didn't realize that a non-member would even know about the contest. I wonder how many entrees there were? It sure would be nice if Dean would give us a hint when the judging will be finalized. Does it usually take this long? Since I'm new at this I have no idea what to expect. It sure was fun participating for the first time this year and what a wonderful community to now be a part of!!!!!!

Holly, I didn't realize that a non-member would even know about the contest...
One of the reasons that I get all paranoid about sharing personal info here is that anybody can & does read the site. We're delighted so mini people find us through the contests.

It has been quiet Teresa. I keep checking in. Haven't heard anything personally so I guess I'm out of the running but I'm still itching to know who the winners are.

HEY DEAN - yoohooo - where are you all with the judging process?

I can tell you exactly when the announcement will be made and the Spring Fling 2012 Gallery doors will fly open: Friday morning, October 12, three days from now.

How do I know this? We'll be driving to New Orleans, on the road all day, and I won't have access to a computer. Oh, the agony! Life has some cruel moments. *sigh*

• Like 1

I can tell you exactly when the announcement will be made and the Spring Fling 2012 Gallery doors will fly open: Friday morning, October 12, three days from now.

Of course it will Kathie!

I'm working on Friday, and then Friday evening and Saturday will be spent cleaning the house top-to-bottom for dinner guests on Saturday night...