Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

'scuse my being dramatic but...I'm dyin' ova heeya! I have NO one to discuss SF ideas with and am going nuts in need of bouncing my ideas off some poor, unsuspecting creature. Hubs just goes "uh huh, mmmhmmm...sounds great, Honey." bleh. The kids could care less till things start looking like something to them. Everyone else I know already thinks I am crazy so we won't go there with them....

Guess I'll start talking to my dolls again ;) They smile no matter what I say.

Anyone else feel this way?

• Like 3

'scuse my being dramatic but...I'm dyin' ova heeya! I have NO one to discuss SF ideas with and am going nuts in need of bouncing my ideas off some poor, unsuspecting creature. Hubs just goes "uh huh, mmmhmmm...sounds great, Honey." bleh. The kids could care less till things start looking like something to them. Everyone else I know already thinks I am crazy so we won't go there with them....

There are some people that are not entering the contest that will be happy to hear your ideas and help. Just send a PM. I know Holly has volunteered, and I will as well. :) Not that I'm as useful as Holly though...

My husband and son listen, give valuable input, help me and my husband finances my obsession. I still feel that way. Even if someone listened, perhaps it's time for you to accept the dolls are actually talking back and you enjoy it :) Okay, sorry if I'm just speaking for myself but my dolls have a thing or two to say.

My husband and son listen, give valuable input, help me and my husband finances my obsession. I still feel that way. Even if someone listened, perhaps it's time for you to accept the dolls are actually talking back and you enjoy it :) Okay, sorry if I'm just speaking for myself but my dolls have a thing or two to say.

hehe, problem is, the dolls are 1/6 scale and they keep plotting against me, trying to steer me into making something for them!

• Like 1

Any architects out there?

Just curious on the technical side of things ...

What architectural term is correct for the style of this roof?

I've want to look up more inspiration pictures since I currently have a dead brain and my muse is on strike.

I've tried looking up pictures for inspiration with terms like:

irregular angle roof, double slant roof, double angle slant, roof designs, and so on.

I've come across some ski lodges, barns and a dog house that have this look but no term for the design on it.

Thanks

Technically speaking, it's closest to an Arts and Crafts era bungalow design. (My personal favorite to live in) The kit is a loose interpretation but that's because it's open to almost any personal style. However, it it had to have a label on it, that would be the one. Arts and Crafts is the forefather to most modern residential architecture so it has tones of ranch styles and even more modern, sleek designs.

Deb

I totally understand you!! Was really thinking the same thing. I have so many ideas, but my husband "pretends" to listen to me and my kids are pretty much the same as yours, they are interested in seeing it when it's done. That's all. Don't have anyone here that understands me, :bouncesmile: I love coming on here and reading everyone's posts, they are so great to hear about day to day stuff and what my mini friends are doing. Daphne, keep your posts going on your blog. I have been following just recently and LOVE seeing all that you have been doing. We are here for you. :pash:

I totally understand you!! Was really thinking the same thing. I have so many ideas, but my husband "pretends" to listen to me and my kids are pretty much the same as yours, they are interested in seeing it when it's done. That's all. Don't have anyone here that understands me, :bouncesmile: I love coming on here and reading everyone's posts, they are so great to hear about day to day stuff and what my mini friends are doing. Daphne, keep your posts going on your blog. I have been following just recently and LOVE seeing all that you have been doing. We are here for you. :pash:

Aww! Thank you! I will try to keep up on the blog, lol, have to stop obsessing over the SF! Can't post on the blog about it, if I couuld, I wouldn't be here whining at you all :D

Hugs to all

• Like 1

Oh, Chris, you've come to the wrong place if you want someone to stop you. :lol:

I have a solid idea for the SF, and I am excited about it. BUT...I am having so much fun with the Heritage, I just don't want to switch gears right now. :dunno: Maybe that will change once it gets here. I have the Heritage on the dining table, and the SF will fit on the kitchen table. :hmm: Dual builds with a summer of meals served on the coffee table? :blink:

• Like 1

Someone STOP ME!!! I just ordered 2 MORE SF kit items. This 'idea' seems to be growing.... :robot::rolleyes:

hehehehehehehehe Silly woman. There are over 5000 enablers hanging out here and you want someone to stop you? Nope, we have our own personal agenda to see fabulous eye candy and therefore we will never tell you to stop, In fact, we'll tell you to take two more because they're small. <cackle>

Brae, I think that spending the summer eating on the coffee table sounds grand! Sandwiches and salads make a lovely summer menu, especially served on paper plates which frees up even more time and space in your kitchen for working on both the Heritage and the SF. Yay! Double eye candy!!

I need another greenhouse. I just had a fabulous idea to make a sweet little conservatory as a thank you gift for someone and it's so enticing that I might do it before I start on the SF. It's going to be so pretty and delicate that I can't wait to do it first and then dig into a very detailed Fling afterwards.

Deb

Thanks Deb and Brae for the info on the architectural styles.

It did help me find more inspiration pictures.

I am needing lots of outside help to get motivated.

It's just not happened yet. sigh ....

Muse ... please come home ... pretty please with pics and kits on top !!!

:rofl: Yes, they ARE small, you enablers! And this project started off as small...but my muse seems to be thinkin' "Go BIGGER!!"

That flaky muse of mine seems to think that by turning _____ this way, and raising _____ that way and cutting a hole in the _____ to fit the ____ in, we will come out with a _____ _____ with a _____!!! And she demands that the ____ have spotlighting (?) and ____ too!!! Sheesh...where will it end?

Personally, I think she is off her nut...but was so happy to have her home again that I submitted to her ravings. I can't wait to see what she cajoles me into at the Bishop show next week. :wacko: Undoubtedly, two of everything! :greedy:

hehe, problem is, the dolls are 1/6 scale and they keep plotting against me, trying to steer me into making something for them!

Talk about senility.......1/6........like Barbie scale? I have LOTS of ideas for that and understand why your friends might be so vocal about the opportunity. Are they ooak's or ??? I'd love to see a build for bigger dolls.

Talk about senility.......1/6........like Barbie scale? I have LOTS of ideas for that and understand why your friends might be so vocal about the opportunity. Are they ooak's or ??? I'd love to see a build for bigger dolls.

Hehe, yep like Barbie scale. Yes, most of my Blythes are custom dolls and ooak. But they DO have homes and roomboxes and shelves in the cupboards...the spoiled brats. I do have one original 1972 Blythe. Sorry, rambling OT here...ahem

This kit could definitely be tweaked and bashed to provide a 1/6th scale roombox for those girls but they 'aint' gettin' this one :D

• Like 1

Mine is in the mail but even though I have an idea it isn't grabbin my interest much. I really want to start my McKinley. Hoping that when it gets here that will all change. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with, that's the best part all of the unveilings