Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

Hoping mine gets here soon! But then again with the mulch coming friday I don't know if I will have much time to play anyway this weekend. I am so glad that the deadline is extended. We had a big repair bill we didn't expect today! Oh well such is life. lol. Have to see how creative I can get. But isn't that the fun of this obsession hobby!

I am very excited!!! My kit is suppose to be here TODAY!!!! :banana: :banana: I can't wait to get it and dry fit it together to see the size. I am hoping that it will fall right into my plan. I was able to order the light stuff that I am needing yesterday and found some _____ and _____ and _____ so just got to wait for them to come. Planning on making _____ , ______ and _____ today. :bounce: I am so glad that we have more time this year, although my family say it wouldn't matter with me anyway because I always wait to the last minute. Oh well, I guess I am a deadline gal. :bangin: Hope everyone has a great day!!!

• Like 1

I am very excited!!! My kit is suppose to be here TODAY!!!! :banana: :banana: I can't wait to get it and dry fit it together to see the size. I am hoping that it will fall right into my plan. I was able to order the light stuff that I am needing yesterday and found some _____ and _____ and _____ so just got to wait for them to come. Planning on making _____ , ______ and _____ today. :bounce: I am so glad that we have more time this year, although my family say it wouldn't matter with me anyway because I always wait to the last minute. Oh well, I guess I am a deadline gal. :bangin: Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Seriously.......what is it about deadlines that is so inspiring? I am definitely the same way.

• Like 3

I also love deadlines...can't seem to work really well without one. Still waiting for my kit...should be here in about 3 days but I'm still hanging out the window looking for the mailman.Meantime I'm working on parts of my Fling that I can do while waiting..

Did I mention that I'm expecting my Fling in a few days??? Have jotted down some ideas for the interior of the Fling.Kind of tricky but I think I can pull it off.Have I told you that I'm expecting my "stuff" soon?? Not too anxious........... :Jumpy:

• Like 2

GOT MINE TODAY!!!! I did have to call them as parts of the greenhouse were broken. But they are very nice and should get a new kit soon! Now I wish I didn't have to go to work today!!! Can't wait to get it into dry fit and see what ideas flow! :banana::happydance: :idea: Not excited at all! Yeah right!

Will be ordering mine today, yay!!! Only need to sort the paypal and then it is a happy click to order, whohoooo.

Happy dance and Fling on every one!

Hugs

• Like 1

Ordered mine today! Went to Michael's and bought some supplies. Didn't really know what to do with this kit at first, but the idea was staring me in the face. I am so excited to get started now, this is my first contest. Off to Ebay now for some other things. Fling on everybody!

• Like 1

OK - so I now have 11 pages of pictures of buildings with this roof line and the window style.

I have exterior and interior shots and every possible season and setting.

One would think that I'd have an idea by now

BUT .... nope ... nada ... nuttin' ... no how .... sigh ...

Everything I see and think of, I don't want.

I even tried dry-fitting - nothin' ...

sniffle, sniffle ... when will it happen ????

By the sounds of it, I guess I better check my greenhouses for breakage.

Those are the only things I know what I want to do with and it's not SF related.

Go figure.

Anyone have suggestions for straightening out warped wood? My walls are pretty crooked right now :/

Yup! Lightly dampen and stack a whole bunch of books on it for a couple of days. Usually if it is a slight bow it will straighten out as you assemble/add flooring, etc.

I got my order. You would know that there would be a substitute on the UPS truck today!!! :bangin: They are usually here by 3 didn't show up until 5!! :insane: But, it's here and I seen him when he came. :Jumpy: Thankful that all my pieces are alright and there was a mix up with my order and they helped out and even gave me a little extra thing for the trouble! They are great at Greenleaf. I just dealt with a really rude man at Dollhouse Collectibles. I have never ordered from there and noticed shipping was going to take 10 days so I thought I would call and ask if I could pay for faster shipping, he was very RUDE, and used a lot of language. I was in shock that he was talking to a new customer that had just placed a bigger order for the first time and I was willing to pay the shipping and he has that option on their site. Long story short, he hung up on me as I was trying to explain I was just wanting to receive it sooner. Contacted the credit card company and they will be watching to make sure it doesn't process. I told him I wanted the order cancelled. He emailed back and said it was cancelled and to never order anything from him again. Amazing. Not sure why I was the one that he had to blow up at but.... Just a word of warning. Sorry this is totally off topic, didn't mean for that, made me realize how great we have it with Greenleaf!!!!! Thank you everyone on Greenleaf staff and helpers for all you do for us. We really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove:

• Like 2

Wendy.......I APPRECIATE being warned. I will do business with people like GREENLEAF, thank you very much.

That being said, I am MAD!!! Why is it that both last year and the year before when I didn't enter, but tried, I knew what I wanted immediately and that was that. This year, I knew. Then I knew something else, and something else. But it all kinda stayed the same. Suddenly today a whole different idea altogether is SCREAMING to be given equal consideration. Life. Even my imaginary world isn't always a bed of roses.

Hehe, yep like Barbie scale. Yes, most of my Blythes are custom dolls and ooak. But they DO have homes and roomboxes and shelves in the cupboards...the spoiled brats. I do have one original 1972 Blythe. Sorry, rambling OT here...ahem

This kit could definitely be tweaked and bashed to provide a 1/6th scale roombox for those girls but they 'aint' gettin' this one :D

I too am passionate about dolls as well as miniature teddy bears. I collect ooak miniature baby dolls and have some dolls by Helen Kish and Robert Tonner, etc. I LOVE how adaptable this years SF kit is for scale.

OK - so I now have 11 pages of pictures of buildings with this roof line and the window style.

I have exterior and interior shots and every possible season and setting.

One would think that I'd have an idea by now

BUT .... nope ... nada ... nuttin' ... no how .... sigh ...

Everything I see and think of, I don't want.

I even tried dry-fitting - nothin' ...

sniffle, sniffle ... when will it happen ????

By the sounds of it, I guess I better check my greenhouses for breakage.

Those are the only things I know what I want to do with and it's not SF related.

Go figure.

Stay positive and sooner or later the ideas will come. As for the random breakage, I don't think it's something that you especially have to count on looking for when your order arrives. Anything laser cut and delicate as the greenhouse is going to be under a lot of stress in the back of those UPS trucks (and I'm convinced that each truck has elephants playing soccer in the back) and the law of averages says that there are going to be a few broken pieces---which Greenleaf is rushing to replace immediately. There are a lot of people who read the forums, especially the Spring Fling threads, and we don't want them to read a comment that makes them think there's a chance all greenhouses will be broken when they arrive. I know you probably didn't mean anything negative but I need to insert a perspective to other readers that they should not expect their greenhouses to arrive broken. It happens, but it's not the norm.

Fling on my friends, Fling on!!!

Deb

• Like 2

I didn't mean to say that everyone should check their kits. More of an applause to Greenleaf that they bend over backwards to help us out if there is a problem. You must know by now how much of a Greenleaf fan I am! I am amazed on how delicate the greenhouse is! But know that all the peices together will make it strong. Laser cut is so cool. I would never expect a regular cut kit to be this thin. Could you imagine trying to push out these pieces out of the wood (regular kit). Greenleaf you continue to amaze me!

• Like 3

Actually, we all need to check our greenhouse kits........and every other kit from any company when it arrives. I was once given a dollhouse kit by someone special. I stored it new and unopened for years. The person who gave me the kit died. I went to make it and the instructions were missing. I called the company and someone dug out the last set of instructions for the discontinued kit. It was a kit that never could have been built without them.

One thing I've often noticed, everyone on this forum recognizes and respects the incredible company Greenleaf is. If you have a 'problem' with Greenleaf in whatever way, like your own dumb error even :) they certainly treat you with respect and handle it, so the word problem never even applies. Life happens, Greenleaf makes it better. If for some reason there is something with the greenhouse that could be improved we've got a wicked great group test driving it :) Pretty cool. We all get the first of these kits.

• Like 1

I wasn't upset that my greenhouse arrived broken, it's bound to happen occasionally with delicate pieces...they were great when I called them about it.

I can't start Flinging until the new greenhouse and my kitchen arrive...don't want to start bashing until I have dry fit everything with the furniture placement. I'm antsy, I wish it were here already!