Hi everyone, I need some advice!

Addy98

Hi there Greenleaf members, I am new to the community and forums and I seek your advice! I have wanted to build a Greenleaf or Corona Concepts dollhouse for a long time, but I am yet to purchase one. In my price range are the Arthur and the Orchid, and I w!as wondering which would be best for a complete novice? Thank you very much!

Welcome to the little family, Adriana. Both houses have been built and blogged by the Building Team and there are TWO buiulding blogs for the Orchid. Both builds are pretty straighforward. Whilst perusing the blogs, take a few minutes to do a Search on "getting started" for lists of simple tools and general suggestions such as NOT using hot glue and dry fitting and letting the kit start to speak to you. Also, I was a total newb with absolutely no experience nor internet backup when I built my first kit, and I muddled through a Dura-Craft San Franciscan. If one of the larger kits calls your name, rather than one of the smaller kits, it's OK.

As Holly said both houses are straightforward making them great beginner houses. I would choose whichever is speaking to you, what one do you keep going for? I have started work on an Arthur recently, it's close to completion but now the idea I had for it will be changed over to a McKinley dollhouse. Don't be afraid to bash it if you want. I was unhappy with the stairs in mine so I changed them to how I wanted. It was really easy to do. Another helpful tool would be the gallery, do searches for both houses for inspiration and it might make the choice easier. Good luck! Hope you'll post pictures when you get started.

I built the Orchid for my niece. It's a really cute little house. If you want the slightly larger house, I'd go for the Arthur. I like that the Arthur has a little higher roof on the second story. Both are cute and about the same level of difficulty to build and decorate.So it depends on which look you like better.