What does your "forum name" mean?

raspberry

I know some people use last names/dog names/nicknames, what not for their forum names, I thought it would be fun to say how you came up with yours?

Mine: My "first" forum name minifan was actually not just because I'm a miniatures fan, I used to have a super tiny personal fan (electric fan) on my beside table, and my dh made fun of it, because it was pretty much a waste of electricity because the wind that came out if it is non-existent...so he called it a mini-fan or a power-house depending on his mood... ;)

Raspberry - is a combination of the first letters of my families names, R-rich, A-amanda, S-starsky, P-peyton, B-our last name...worked well for raspberry... ;)

What about you?

Well, my youngest son's nursery was done in blue bears. :bear: As he grew older, he loved blue, and at about age 4, he took possession of the color blue. "Brennen Blue" Bears also kinda stuck a bit, and we would sometimes call him Brennen Bear. (Still do actually, at almost 13!) So we have Brennen Blue Bear...

Talking about first letters of names... (Y'all all know by now that I'm a bit "off", right?)

When I was pregnant with Brennen, one day I told my husband that the baby's initials needed to be PT. Why on Earth you ask? Because if you take all our first and middle initials, PT is needed to complete the circle. (and don't even ask how I ever thought of that...) Tracy Lynn, Lawson Andrew, Anslee Brooke, Brian Patrick, and P T . But we couldn't decide on a P name for a boy, so now it still bothers me that he doesn't fit in the pattern.

• Like 3

Oh this is a fun topic. Can't wait to hear what others stories are.

Well, Selkie is from an old version of an Irish and Scottish tales. There are many versions of it. I first heard it in the book called “Women who run with the wolves” by Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estés.

I chose it for me because I so often I feel like I am captured and suffocated by life’s demands and not able to fulfill my potential or use my creative spirit. I long to feel free and artistic again.

It is the name of the female seals that would come up on the rocks and cliffs every once in a while. They would shed their skins and dance by the light of the moon in full freedom. One night a fisherman captures the skin of the one of the selkies and she could not return to the sea. He wanted her for his wife because she was so beautiful. He promised he would give it back but years when by and they had a child. She began to grow weaker and weaker. She needed to be returned to the sea to become strong again. Eventually her child discovers it and she returns to her home in the sea.

I love wolves as well but because here at GL, we have our own dear Wolfie, I didn't want to use anything like that.

• Like 1

My name is holly and for over 20 years, from the time we first had a computer, we lived in Havana, FL. When we moved to Seminole, AL, last fall I posted that I was trying to think up a new username and I was shouted down because everyone knows me as havanaholly; as a Florida 'Gator since 1961 there's no way I could ever be a Seminole!

• Like 4

hehehe...very interesting... some names I feel like I've come up with reasons off the top of my head as to why they have them...

Minis on the Edge - because she's on the edge of fantasy vs. reality

HavanaHolly - I think of I Love Lucy because Ricky was from Havana!

;)

Well, in other online places, such as business sites and billpaying, that require a "username" I've always chosen Checkar - which is the first initial of my first name, and the first 6 letters of my last name. But when I came to this forum I didn't want the "business" name, I wanted something a little more towards the hobby. All of my first miniatures, house or room box, had a mouse tucked away in it somewhere. Once I cut a mouse in half and glued him (head showing) to the baseboard, looking like he was peeking out of a little hole in the wall. I love little mice and have a large collection of mouse figurines. So I came up with CheckMouse.

...HavanaHolly - I think of I Love Lucy because Ricky was from Havana!

;)

Until the Cuban tobacco growers left and took their plants with them to Central America in the early 1960s Havana, FL, was where all the shade leaf tobacco for Cuban cigar wrappers was grown.

Mine is really easy and not creative at all, my initials. I have used it for almost every forum I've belonged to and if it's not jas then I have used fla-mom which is a no brainer too. I live in Florida and am a mom.

It is always neat to see how people come up with their names.

Mine was given to me by the racing team I was a part of in college.

The rest of the team was a bunch of good-ol' boys who loved their cars but never saw the inside of a college classroom. I was the opposite. I was a full-time college student who couldn't get a driver's license due to medical reasons. Not having a license didn't prevent me from getting around- I just invested in a nice mountain bike and pedaled that thing all over Florida. Shortly after I started hanging out with the team they stuck the name "Peabody" on me. Partly because I had round glasses like the dog from the "Rocky & Bullwinkle" show, but mostly because I was 6' tall and barely 100 lbs. "Bone bag" was the other name they gave me. Most weekends I rode my bike 15 miles to the race track in Gibsonton, FL. One year while I was visiting my family in Gainesville I rode from there to the Jacksonville race track 95 miles away for a race one weekend. When the team won the 1996 AWOL National Championships, the trophies they gave to each of the pit crew had their names engraved on them, except for mine. It just read, "Pedaling Peabody." Hence the name, pdlnpeabody.

• Like 3

Mine comes from the time I worked at NASA and bugged the folks that did several space studies. It has to do with my interest in analysis of photos and the warped sense of humor a couple of the scientists had. It was my computer addy and it has just stuck.

• Like 1

I'm a cat-fanatic. Have four real life "uppity" cats (to which I'll step back and wait for the rhetorical question.. "aren't ALL cats uppity??") My four "help" with the building of my houses, all of which are cat-themed, and there's a story that goes with them all, all in the "Village of Catterville". Bored, yet?? :)

• Like 1

Well, mine is just my name, if I had gone by my name I usually use when it comes to minis, that would have been Nao-mini, but around here it was just Anna :)

Hugs

I joined at Christmas, and I don't do Christmas. I've been known to answer the phone on 12/25 with a gruff "bah! humbug!!". :bear:

Yep, I don't do christmas either. Least amount of stress I have all year.

Lol love it! Unfortunately when I created my account I wasn't really paying attention and I used my real name as my forum name... Not very original.

Me too! but for some reason when i log in, i have to use jmbarnas and my password. its weird because i thought jmbarnas was going to be my display name but i guess i didnt read it right. jmbarnas is my first and middle initials and my last name.