What does your "forum name" mean?

raspberry

This has been so much fun for me,again,learning about the ones who hadn't posted here before. I hope new members will keep it going,as it's fun for us to know more about our mini friends!:)

Yep, haven't seen this thread before...

So, usually the username Chris or Christina is already taken in forums and that's why I use Soapz - because I make killer soaps from scratch (even though I haven't made any in forever..... lol).

I've been making soap for almost 20 years now (started it before it became 'fashionable' to do so) and stopped because there are way too many people messing with it without knowing what they're doing - and that gave soap-making a bad name among those that know what they're doing... but I still love making it.

• Like 2

I use Soapz - because I make killer soaps from scratch (even though I haven't made any in forever......

How cool is that??? I make homemade soap from scratch as well, although not nearly as much as I once did. It started out as a hobby about 18 years ago for me. I spent years working out formulas for soaps that I fell in love with. Made so many batches of soap & I gave so many batches of soap away that everyone I knew (including the local food banks and women's shelter that I donated to) were full up with soap & couldn't take anymore! lol! Shortly after that I went into business selling my soaps, figuring it was one way to pay for the supplies to make more soaps :D

Unfortunately I was far better at making soap than I was at making a successful business. Broke my heart to close the business. But that's when I discovered miniatures again. So one door closed & another opened, as far as hobbies go.

These days I just make soap for my immediate family so I don't make very many batches a year.

I agree with you, there are a lot of ding-dongs out there these days making *soap* or their version of it, that give the craft of soap making a bad name.

Edited to add: forgot to answer the original question in this topic: my forum name isn't anything original - just my first name & last initial.

• Like 1

I may have mentioned this before on another forum, and I know I stated this in my profile. In my early days, I didn't have nickname, but one day my mother said I look like a raccoon when I wake up in the morning because of the dark circles under my eyes. So I laughed and said she should call me Rackey, and she did.

Then I casually mentioned what she said to my sister-in-law and niece, who was still very young at the time, and they started buying me stuffed animals that were raccoons. Then I jokingly told my mother she should get me a tee-shirt with my newly acclaimed nickname spelled on it, and she did.

One thing led to another, and I started getting raccoon bedroom slippers, purses, and a drinking cup as gifts. Finally I got personalized "RACKEY" license plates. Some of my friends call me Rackey, although most don't, and some don't like that name for me but have gotten used to it. When it came to picking a forum name, I couldn't think of anything else.

• Like 1

Off-topic, but I once had a coworker whose wife made soap, and she kept milk goats for her soaps. She made a killer oatmeal soap!

Oatmeal, Milk & Honey soap is one of my favorites to make.

Off-topic, but I once had a coworker whose wife made soap, and she kept milk goats for her soaps. She made a killer oatmeal soap!

So two people on this forum make soap while another one knows of someone who made soap. Yet, making soap is something I never thought about, yet I use soap every day.

Lisa, I am sorry your business closed. Maybe if you come across a knowledgeable and experienced person to run the business side of your soap making, you can make a go of it again some day. However, I am not sorry you re-discovered miniatures.

I love all the stories behind the usernames.

Mine is short for Kaelus Weston. Kaelus is a character I created for a Stargate SG-1 roleplaying chatroom/forum. He was a fun loving form changing creature who loved to visit other plants. Weston was also a character for the same roleplaying website but I just like it as a last name. And now I want to make miniatures with a Stargate theme!

• Like 1

I became an aunt about the time I found the internet....one night I was trying to come up with a name for a chatroom

my brother jokenly reminded me that my fun loving jokster brother in law was teaching my nephew to call me Aunt NUT....up untill then kids who couldnt pronounce my name called me net or nettie....but really nutti fits much better....the rest self explanatory Nutti WEB GAL....

my nephew passed away a yr ago at 19 and I cherish he will always be a part of my everyday life in such a way! he also was only one who called my nutti before anyone else caught on...

• Like 1

Roxxie because someone else took Roxy. My real name being Roxanne. Only my mother and teachers call me by my full name! :p

Oh and the 2 is because I couldn't get into my account one day no matter what we did so I created a new account adding the 2. Somewhere in there I am still listed as just Roxxie.

• Like 2

Mine's dull - first name, middle and last initials. I am so bad at picking clever names.

But you're genius at picking avatars (I love frogs)!

My user name is just my first name. Mostly because it's easy to remember (even for me) and there aren't too many Cheverlys out there so it works.

My Member Title is because one of my favorite phrases is "I'm not saying, I'm just saying." Which leads me to mention that I just received notification that "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day". Which, if we're going to enforce a vote quota, shouldn't it only be on the negative ones? Not saying, I'm just saying... :)

Edited by Cheverly
  • Like 1

Interesting and insightful thread! It's nice to know how our 'names' came to be.

Mine is sort of obvious. LOL. I love crafts and crafting. I live on a mountain (so to speak - as I know there are mountains bigger then mine in this world, but driving home it's all uphill and steep at some points). And I am a mom. I also love all 3 of these (crafting, mountains, and being a mom), so, it was natural to put it all together.

• Like 1

Hey,

My user name is my middle initial and the first 4 letters of my first name. Not very original, but it works.

I love reading how everyone picked their user names, some I had kind of guessed, others were not so easy. Wonderful thread!!

Gloria,

Back in 1998 when I joined the pipe band here in Gainesville, I would have been the only male piper, if I could play them (I still haven't played a full set yet, just haven't had the budget for them). We had almost a dozen girl pipers. All the guys were on the drumline. I still practice on my chanter from time to time, but the band is long gone.

• Like 1

Up here, we were considered a "hen" band because of me. At the Detroit games that year there were 4 female pipers (several flourish drummers, too) on the field for massed bands. 4 out of about 250 pipers. The numbers have changed drastically since, and I certainly don't qualify as a girl now; didn't then, either!

• Like 1