New here; not so new to minis

Hi, I'm Anna and I am a lifelong miniature enthusiast.

I've decided to FINALLY build my dream house in miniature. After looking at every kit I could find online, I decided none of them were quite right. I bought Christine-Léa Frisoni's "Le Grand Livre de la Maison Miniature" for inspiration, fell in love with the house design, and have decided to build it (with a few of my own little tweaks, of course). I've already made a cardboard mock-up of the house (changes included), which was pretty easy and only took a couple of hours, so I'm confident I can handle building the house out of wood.

I'm also going to do the Spring Fling as a "practice" project, and I'm going to blog them both. I've never built my own dollhouse before (though I have done a few room boxes) and I'm really going to push myself to make it as nice as possible.

Hi Anna & welcome! Her house & all its contents are fantastic. I don't have the book, but there was an article in AIM 12/2010 pg 8 for those who haven't seen her work.

Good luck with your project - can't wait to see your blog(s). At 5 posts you can start an album here. You can upload your current projects and/or your roombox photos. We all love any kind of mini eye candy here !

Her folding chair tutorial p22 in another AIM mag.

welcome Anna.

Hope you don't publish your spring fling and keep it a secret. In all good time we can reveal. :bounce: bouncing off walls till then.

good luck on your builds. I did my additions to main house on each end. Have to say great fun.

Linda

Welcome to the little family, Anna. If you're building the spring Fling kit for practice and not to enter the contest, you just go right ahead and publish all the pictures you want to! And when you've made five posts you can publish your pictures right here in the gallery.

Hi Holly,

I'm very happy with how it's turning out, so I'll probably enter it (Otterine will probably beat us all anyway, but it can't hurt). Which means no spoiler photos, but I will post the house's progress.

• 2 weeks later...