Hello from Australia

Hi everyone..my name is Leonie ..I am 51 and just starting my first project though I have admired dollhouses for as long as I can remember..I am starting with an Elizabethan Pub and look forward to working on it...hoping to make lots of new friends, get lots of advice and chat with like minded people....thanks for having me here...bye for now

Hi again..I am doing an Elizabethan pub but it is not from a kit..I bought a dollshouse shop from a miniature fair i attended...its kind of a one off but because its got such a large 1/2 circular window at the front of it..I thought i would put some beams in and the leaded look...I thought this would be a good way to start as the stucco walls, and heavy beams can be a bit rough as they were in the original buildings haha...hopefully this will hide a few of the many mistakes i will make along the way..but thought it would be a great way to learn..am also attempting to make all the furniture myself as well...so wish me luck

Hi, Leonie, and welcome.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your pub.

Australia seems to produce lots of talented people, so I'm sure whatever you're working on will be lovely.

You 51-year-olds are babies.

Welcome to the little family, Leonie; I started building when I was 51. I also make a lot of my furniture, as well as the dolls and other accessories that go into my houses.

• 2 weeks later...

I was 51 twenty years ago. *sigh* <snapping back to reality> Hi, Leonie, and :welcome: to the forum! Your English pub plans sound grand.

Make another couple posts (you need 5) and you can open a Gallery to share photos with us. We love eye candy. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Leonie,

I'm a member from Australia too. I live in Sydney, would love to join a club or even start one in my area but not really sure where to start. I live out by the Blue Mountains and havent met many other Australian miniaturists yet. Where abouts in Australia are you living?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Leonie!

I'm a returning miniaturist after a hiatus of many, many years and am planning a Tudor style craft shop/tea room from the Glencroft Cottage kit! Maybe your Pub and my shop could be neighbors (at least in spirit!) LOL! Enjoy your pub-making!

Ruth