My seven year old girl and legos

So hello have not been around for sometime. I am working a lot, my second is graduating 8th grade and moving onto high school but I still have the Princess to play dolls wth :bear: . My Princess Rhubarb is 7 now and has decided we should make a lego city. I ran across this video today and thought my dollhouse brethren would enjoy it. not doing much today have the day off with the kids and am doing some studying for A & P... Anyway enjoy all....

love to you all

Arda

That makes me smile. Several years ago a man was here doing weatherizing. He saw my dollhouse and loved it although it was only the center part at the time and a BIG mess. He said he made things with legos and had me go to a site where there were so many things built. I no longer have the link but I am sure there are several.

We all have our Toys :-) I still think I must have said when I grow up I am going to have a doll house !!

((hugs))

Linda

• Like 1

Oh another story... several years ago my grandsons 10 8 and 5 went to my daughter a few days after Christmas asking if they could get the things they had circled in a lego catalogue. she looked at it and laughed saying sure if you come up with the $79 dollars. They came out of their bedroom again with the exact amount including tax and shipping. :bigwink: :bigwink: :bigwink: All 3 would build and build. Not long ago many of those legos went to a small child that didn't have much of anything. *sniff* happy story all together. Grandsons are now 20 23 24. *sigh*

• Like 1

Our youngest builds working sci fi machines from Legos and he's 39. When we took him to the USMC Museum in Quantico, VA, he got to see our favorite Lego sculpture: http://www.fubar.com/lego-iwo-jima-monument-at-us-marine-museum/photo-1078731-0-1797892741

Our youngest builds working sci fi machines from Legos and he's 39. When we took him to the USMC Museum in Quantico, VA, he got to see our favorite Lego sculpture: http://www.fubar.com...31-0-1797892741

Wow! My favorite of the ones we have built so far is the lighthouse. It has a light brick so the tower actually lights! We have built an ocean around it and there is a man swimming for his life away from a shark. We also have an ambulance picking up a lego man who was injured in traffic on his bike, with a very sad mime running towards the scene. If I could fins my camera charger I would upload a picture. :mellow: Also they just came out with the lord of the rings series! Which is definitely on my list!

I got a good laugh at the link you posted, Holly. I won't say what "fubar" means on here (it involves a profanity), but you get the idea.

I posted pics of the Lego boat I built for my nieces in my gallery a while ago. When I was a kid I would build lego machines with "self-destruct" buttons that would make the thing break apart with parts flying everywhere.

Yes, Jeremy; with a hubs AND a son in the USMC at one time or another, and another who did an Army career, I'm very familiar with what fubar stands for; as this is a PG-rated forum, we'll leave it at that.

Legos are real big here at my house too. Don't know what we would do without them.

We went to a great museum exhibit once where a man had created life size replicas of things like a working cello, full scale dinosaur bones, etc.

It was great. Here is a link. The Art of the Brick® by artist Nathan Sawaya

I think you'll enjoy the website but if you ever get a chance to see the exhibit, I highly recommend it.

Keep building.

I love legos. My 2 sisters and I grew up creating all sorts of things from simple kits. While I think that the new themed kits are (for the most part) fun, I am a bit peeved by lego marketing in such a gender stereotyped way these days. All of the "male" oriented lego kits have a lot more parts and more building skill required (and more weapons!) than the pink, princessy ones. As the feminist Mom of a son AND daughter, this bothers me.

OK, I'll step off my soapbox now.