Garfield in need of new home

Hello Dollhouse enthusiasts! I have not posted in quite a long time..... I am finding myself in a "pickle".

I built my Garfield around 2006 and LOVED every minute of it. Posted lots of pics and met wonderful people on the forum and got amazing advice from experienced builders. I have gone through many changes in my life since then and the Garfield has moved with me from NJ to FL and 3 apartments since then. Unfortunately, the beautiful house takes up so much space and I find I don't have much left in our small apartment. I am hoping to find someone who can give "her" a new home.

I placed a listing on Craigslist here: http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/art/3044931466.html. I am located near Tampa, FL. If anyone is interested feel free to contact me through the Craig's list ad. I see that most of the pics in my old posts are gone, but still a couple in my gallery. I can also send more pics either current of from when I was building it. :)

Thanks everyone!

Jaimie

Jaime, please delete your email address from your post. This forum is open to the public and one or more web bots and/or some nefarious surfer will grab your address and start sendin you emails you don't want to read. Anyone who wants to contact you can do so through the Private Message feature of the forum. All they have to do is click on your name and the Send Message link.

I hope it finds a Winderful new home Jamie :)

Thanks Tracy!!

Jaimie, if you can't find a paying home, what about somewhere like a library or children's hospital, someplace that would give it alot of love?

Have you thought of going into half or quarter scale? :)

Because it is not a "solid" house (built in sections so it could be taken apart to fit through standard doors) It wouldn't be a good idea for children.

I don't think I am going to build anymore houses. I'm looking into doing a "dollhouse" in a bookcase or something like that. :)

... I don't think I am going to build anymore houses. I'm looking into doing a "dollhouse" in a bookcase or something like that. :)

Jaimie - I've done a couple non-conventional dollhouses. The first one was about 30 years ago in a 4-shelf bookcase that hung on the wall. Had great fun with that because I had to make almost everything that went into it; no stores available at all. I haven't posted any pictures of it here, or even mentioned it on this forum, because I felt it wasn't a "real" house so no one would be interested. But I've started to blog about it recently - click on my blog link below my signature. The second unconventional house I did is set in a garden window in my office. It's in my Gallery - called the Garden Bistro. It was a real challenge because the "walls" are all glass. I bashed a couple room box kits to get my walls and windows and doors. The setting is an outdoor cafe and kitchen on the ground floor, and Mom'n'Pop living quarters and gift shop on the second floor (on the glass shelf). I had a lot of fun with that one too, and still enjoy it every day as I work in my home office. Not all dollhouses have to be "houses" :)

• Like 1

Some of the most fun "dollhouses" I've done were not actually houses. I've done two in old wooden bread boxes and one in one of those black plastic cauldrons that you see around Halloween.. though that one is more of a scene in a roombox. I have plans of turning one of my bookshelves into a series of rooms, a house if you will. I just have to get a new one for the books that are on it. :)

I hope you find a nice new owner for your Garfield. I'm much too far away to even consider it but it's a really nice looking house.

What about building a dollhouse into an old entertainment center? I see the big units with doors all the time in thrift stores.

Yes along the lines of what I was thinking.Just no time for that currently. Keeping all my furniture and other DH supplies. :)

Oh I SO want it! Had the last two weeks not killed my budget (and providing you haven't sold it already)... I'd offer to mail out a check for what ever you are asking for it plus any and all shipping costs... I've got the perfect place for it... :(