New from Illinois

Hi to all:

My name is Tim and I have been working on this, my second house for the past year. I don't have a lot of time but work on it when I can. I have made a few changes to the plan by adding a bay window and a second story porch. I really want to build a house from scratch for my next project.

Welcome to the little family, Tim. We have several members from IL. Which house are you building now, and which one have you already built? When you have made five posts you can start albums to share pictures with us.

WELCOME to the Greenleaf mini-family, Tim – so glad you joined us! We love to share news, pictures, and ideas on all things miniature! Looks like you've already met two of our very talented scratch-builders. :salute:

post-4644-0-99453800-1341982176_thumb.jppost-4644-0-99453800-1341982176_thumb.jp

Hi to all:

My name is Tim and I have been working on this, my second house for the past year. I don't have a lot of time but work on it when I can. I have made a few changes to the plan by adding a bay window and a second story porch. I really want to build a house from scratch for my next project.

Thank you all for the welcome. Currently I am working on a modified version of the dura craft bellingham farm house. The first house I made was a seven room two story kit I bought at a local craft store. I make these houses for my elderly (93 year old) Mother who enjoys just looking at them. The victorian piece I am working on now takes her back to her life as a child. Anyway, I really do want to start a scratch project when this one is finished but don't know where to start.

Thank you all again for such a warm welcome

post-4644-0-19682700-1341982238_thumb.jp

Your houses are unbelievable, awsome, intimidating, detail extreme and so very unique.

Thanks, but my houses shouldn't intimidate anyone. I'm only on my 2nd house, so you shouldn't have any problem with scratch building if you already have experience building kits. I only wish I could get my wife into this craft.

...I really do want to start a scratch project... but don't know where to start...
I found a Craftsman houseplan I eventually want to scratch=build, so I've begun drafting plans on 1/4" grid graph paper. I still have about fifteen or sixteen kits still in boxes waiting to be built...

I found a Craftsman houseplan I eventually want to scratch=build, so I've begun drafting plans on 1/4" grid graph paper. I still have about fifteen or sixteen kits still in boxes waiting to be built...

Hi Holly:

Are you aware of any "How To" books on scratch building?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome Tim! What are you working on? Look forward to pictures.

Hi Janet:

I'm working on a Victorian farmhouse. I have made some changes to the kit and am slowly working through all of the steps. I'm going to take some pictures as I have been papering all day. How about you? Are you in the middle of anything now?