Greetings from Brazil!

Gleise

Hi, everybody! Thank you for the warm welcome!

Hi, Gliese, and :welcome: to the forum! Is your interest more toward building or decorating? Have you begun work on a house?

I like both equaly although I have more fun building. My first dollhouse - at least wood ones - is the McKinley dollhouse. I finished the basic structural building and now I'm cutting shingles and 'flooring'. And waiting for the wood paste filling the gaps to dry so I can sand and go on... and on ... and on... :D

I bashed some parts ( attic / roof ) so I could gain a couple rooms and I'm planing to add a staircase leading to the tower roof space where I'm going to build a observatory!

Welcome to the little family, Gleise! I'm curious to know how you discovered miniatures and dollhouses.

I love architecture and I fell in love with dollhouses when I started to build paper-crafts.

Welocme to the Hotel California, you can enter but you can never leave, just kidding , just be careful, this habit forming :)

I'm a junkie already... no hope for salvation :D

Welcome Gliese! Do you have any current projects you're working on? Love to see pictures!

I have a blog where I'm showing the building of my McKinley. It's at http://www.gleise-crafts.blogspot.com.br/. You are welcome to come and see my stooooopid moves. :oops: .

later!

In case you haven't gotten to that part, the bamboo skewers are great to fill the gaps where sections of bay windows or tower walls come together. I then use spackling compound (polyfilla) to fill in and smooth the surface.

Hi, again!

In case you haven't gotten to that part, the bamboo skewers are great to fill the gaps where sections of bay windows or tower walls come together. I then use spackling compound (polyfilla) to fill in and smooth the surface.

I got that tip from browsing around here, but thankx anyway... I used a F12 paste, in white. I think it's the equivalent of wood putty here in Brazil.

Yo tampoco :)

But your English is great - welcome to the mini-family, Gleise :bear:

LOL, no problem, I try to use english while surfing the web anyway... Thank you for welcoming me so nicely!

Cheers!