Granville! and Beaumont for sale on EBay (also a Cambridge)

Sydneystyle

Hi everyone!

Just not a lot of time to get to all my kits- I have chosen 3 or 4 to keep and the rest must go. I have an Artply Granville and a Greenleaf Beaumont I have gone ahead and put on EBay- started both at 99 cents!

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649

Thanks for looking!

Kathy

Hey ladies-

Sorry I was away from the computer for a while and the internet was slow at my office today.

You know from past experience I would say that you would probably do better bidding for it on EBay- I am not expecting to get what I really wanted from either kit. I am betting I get about 2/3 of what I would sell them outright for.

I guess I need to add my email address on my profile:)

Kathy

I also have a Cambridge kit for sale- now apparently this had been started and the floors were glued to walls at some point- but I haven't looked inside the box for so long I am not sure what is up with it- need to go and get serious about checking. I WILL make sure the kit is complete as I have two of them and I can take from one to complete the other. (The first one I got was missing the floors and all the siding) I also have siding to match so I can include a couple of pieces if there is siding missing. Better than new! (Since we all know how notorious Dura-Craft was for leaving stuff out of their kits.

Oops! There used to be a button in my profile that, since I didn't make my email private, would allow members to click on to send me email messages; I see that's gone now, Bother! Without the PM function any more we are really up the **** creek without a paddle, aren't we?

Go into your profile and click Edit My Profile, and you should then see an option for adding your email address. This will only be visible to other members.

Also: I'm going to combine your two threads since we're only supposed to do one sales solicitation per week on this forum.

Hey ladies-

Sorry I was away from the computer for a while and the internet was slow at my office today.

You know from past experience I would say that you would probably do better bidding for it on EBay- I am not expecting to get what I really wanted from either kit. I am betting I get about 2/3 of what I would sell them outright for.

I guess I need to add my email address on my profile:)

Kathy

Thanks Kathy.

I also searched. What I was remembering was a button on our profile page that people could click to email us; it wasn't our actual email address. When we registered for the forum we could put in our email addy, like we did our birthday, and opt to have it available but not on public view. I had not realized that this button is also GONE.

I noodled around earlier today and located a contact form for different support services at Greenleaf, so I attempted to send a query about the PM; but apparently this service was also supported by the PM function, not email, and I got an interesting error message that basically said the messaging system no longer exists. Emily, have you been able to contact Logan or any of the GL folks to find out why there is no more off-board contact?

Hmm... for me it's a link on the left sidebar when I'm in the General Settings area (first page you land on after clicking Edit My Profile on the profile page). I wonder if I'm only seeing that because I'm a Super Mod? I'm afraid I don't have a way to verify what it looks like for someone with different privileges than me, sorry. :/

I have not been in touch with Greenleaf myself but I know Tracy has. She posted recently that it's on Dean's "to do" list for things to get fixed. I don't know what the problem is.

For now, a workaround would be for people to post their email addresses in a format like this: email [at] domain.com

Obviously somebody reading this board would be able to see this and figure it out, and send you an solicited email. But this makes it less likely for bots to collect the email address and spam you. (Of course, people have to change the [at] to an @ sign before sending the email!) I have an email address listed this way on the contact page of my website and rarely, if ever, get spam at that address.

Also if you're worried about spam, you can always open a "junk" email from a free site like Yahoo or Gmail, that doesn't use your real name in any way, and post that instead of the address you use regularly.

Just some ideas. Hopefully the PM system will be back soon!

EDIT: I am seeing email addresses on all of your profiles. :o It's at the very bottom of the profile under "Contact Information." If no one else is seeing this, then I guess it's because I'm a moderator, which obviously isn't very helpful...

EDIT: I am seeing email addresses on all of your profiles. :ohmy: It's at the very bottom of the profile under "Contact Information." If no one else is seeing this, then I guess it's because I'm a moderator, which obviously isn't very helpful...

Emily,

Too bad we are not all moderators...lol.

I posted something earlier about posting "non-bot" email addresses. It's been tough lately for folks to try to communicate. I suggested putting it in the URL portion of their profile as "email me at:" I figure between the http:// and the wording it is easy for us to see and hard for a bot. Spelling it out and using brackets are a great idea, unfortunately there are still some folks that don't like the idea.

Hopefully Dean will get this fixed soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone-

I did put my email address into my profile and apparently that worked as Greg sent me an email yesterday:)

And just to update- I did indeed get much lower for the Beaumont than I had hoped on EBay. The Granville went for excatly the same price I paid for it a couple of years ago so I guess that one worked out fine.

Kathy