Easy Punch Embroidery Machine

dollhousebeth

Has anyone here ever used one of these? It's the blue hand-held battery operated one. I was thinking it would be great for doing mini projects like rugs, etc. My daughter had one that she only tried once and then packed away. She gave it to me the other day and I tried it. It works great on big projects, but I am wondering if I would be able to do mini rugs or other mini items with it. It actually goes a little too fast . . . maybe after more practice I will get used to the speed. I am thinking that because it does go so fast it might not work for the smaller projects. Has anyone here ever made anything in mini using this tool?

Im not familiar with the machine...but, can you change the size of the needle? Cause with mini projects the very smallest needle is needed. Sounds cool if you can do that though!

Karin - It has four different needle sizes. It's not the size of the needle I am worried about . . . it's about how fast the machine goes!! :lol: I wish it had two speeds . . . fast and slow, for people like me!! I have been playing with it filling in large areas and it works great . . . if you try to do a small area, say a small design on a mini rug, I am afraid it goes too fast to be accurate within the design. Sarah - I was actually thinking a regular punch needle might work better on mini projects since you are the one that controls the speed!! I guess I will practice a little more with it and then try something in mini. I'll let you know how it works out.

• Like 1

I Googled images of the Easy Punch -- wow, if you can get it under control, it would be quite the number for mini rugs and wall hangings! With practice, I'm sure you'll master it and give us lots of eye candy.

One of the sites I checked out to see this puppy showed some of the patterns they sell for it, and there are some Celtic designs with elements worthy of mini designs. I would think it would take a bit of practice, practice and more practice, but you could do it!

Right now I am working on some RL outdoor painting projects (doors, porch, shed, etc.). Once I am done with this RL nonsense, I plan on sitting down and really playing around with this tool. I am hoping to be able to get it under control! :giggle: It really is a great little item and I can see that you could really finish a project in a short amount of time. When I play around with it, I will post some pictures. However, I cannot guarantee they will be "eye candy"!! The instructions actually said "your second project will be satisfactory - your first one won't! :roflmao: