Fairy Tree House, ....can you tell I like fairies?

Jane S

Switching gears a bit.

I started work on the tree house concept I have been thinking of when I try to fall asleep.. and then the images run amok in my mind, so I just sketch on a scrap of paper next to the bed and try to fall back to sleep :D

I used a old cedar tree root I found on the side of the road when walking. Cleaned and baked, added braches and platforms and started to cover the seals.

The idea here will be:

A main platform for the home

A lookout platform

A art/pottery/ errr.. I dunno yet platform =)

I will connect the platforms via stairwells maybe try twisting some willow branches into staircase rails. Maybe some railings...

Anyone have other ideas for me? :salute:

5217459_orig.jpg

9087720_orig.jpg

2447335_orig.jpg

Edited by Jane S

Im seeing a little tree swing hanging off of one of the branches:-) Looking fw to seeing your progress, really cute idea. I also have my best ideas during those sleepless moments!

I love both these ideas!

@WyckedWood

I can see the swing.. a vine covered flower swing maybe? part of the vine .. :hmm:

@havanaholly

I have balsa wood I was going to create a funky house structure but I also wanted you to be able to peer-into this structure.. the yurt tent idea would be perfect.. maybe using a scrolled lattice siding or twig braided loops EG:

8712gall.jpg

Thank you both for the great ideas.

Any others?? :bounce:

• Like 1

The art area made me think of basket weaving rather than pottery.

I see feathers incorporated in some way but no specific use in mind. Also just a few clear crystals. Not Tinker Bell or Lady Gaga brilliant, more like dewdrop sparkles.

What fun you'll have with this!

This is all the inspiration you will need! https://www.google.c...iw=1008&bih=567 These are the images of Takanori Aiba's miniature tree houses. I want to be just like him when I grow up! He is amazing!

I am adding to this because I just found Aiba's website! His story is inspiring. http://www.bonsaiemp...onsai-treehouse

Even more photos here! http://www.tokyogoodidea.com/ Read the next one to see closeups!!!

By the way, here's a cool trick I learned, to view the photos greatly magnified. Go to Aiba's website and pick out a photo that you want to see close up. Then hold down the control button on your keyboard and poke the + = key. The more you poke at it, the larger the photo appears.

WOW .. those Bonsai Treehouses are amazing.. well I figure Im 35 now and If I keep practicing his amazing work..when I am 106 I might be able to get the stairs done the same :p guess I would have to get a bonsai first...

@KathieB.. baskets I can do !! I have lots of feathers and crystals / stones in my crafft bins O' plenty great idea!!

I forgot to say,in order for the magnifying trick to work, do it to the whole page. Don't click to bring up the single photo separately. I love doing this to all kinds of minis to see the details.

• Like 1

Oops! A friend wrote to me asking how to get back to regular size from th large. I should have added that,fo those that don't know. Just go down to thr right end of your bottom bar. You will see a per cent# there, like 275%. If you poke that your screen will go back to the normal 100%.

Oops! A friend wrote to me asking how to get back to regular size from th large. I should have added that,fo those that don't know. Just go down to thr right end of your bottom bar. You will see a per cent# there, like 275%. If you poke that your screen will go back to the normal 100%.

or

hold down the control button on your keyboard and poke the - _ key

I worked a bit on the base today, a small muddy puddle and some moss/rocks.

I have a few willow trees ready for the stair railing, I have to make a few...dozen steps... rope to braid yada yada.. I am still trying to make the curved lattice but a few attepts with flex glue turned out bad, maybe puff paint on wax paper?.. going to add some mushrooms I made a few days ago...sl...eepy

I might take a day off...I burnt my fingers more than once today..I'd likke to have some tips left to dial the phone :bangin:

5191857_orig.jpg

3390437_orig.jpg

9563728_orig.jpg

Edited by Jane S

@Caseymini and pdlnpeabody Thank ya kindly folks :salute:

So much for a day off..the addiction got to me so instead of resting my fingers..I went out and bought some flowers and made the little swing WyckedWood suggested. Thank you hon fits perfectly in that grassy spot :kissing:

746148.jpg

• Like 1

I tried making a home today, things never turn out like Ive sketched on paper, and I messed up at the point where I should have stopped. Well here is try one(1), but this one is for the shelf... going to try again.

yyz2qdn2j77l7dbfg.jpg

Your project is looking fantastic! What fun! Looking at the house, which is really adorable by the way, I'm thinking you should save it for another project and go with something more organic for this project that would look more like it sprung from the tree itself, or was at least made using branches from the tree. Maybe a twig framework with wattle and vines for the walls to keep it more in tune with it's environment? That may not be the vision you have at all but I'm sure, no matter waht your choice it will look just as fabulous as what you have done so far. Looking forward to seeing the end result. - Marilyn

Thank you very kindly jennybee and marilyn4882 . Just like havanaholly and marilyn4882 said , the tent idea can be fixed or added elsewhere.. of course my daughter keeps eyeing it for a fairy planter so...we will see if it dissapears from the shelf . lol

I did try to make another go at the tent idea but...ehh I am a bit stuck in my ways ..So i went back to the balsa wood, and as you said marilyn4882 keeping the organic look made more sense for this project.

HI HO HI HI OFF TO ADD MOSS TO EVERYTHING I GO...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

August 12th: I tried a few different homes for this tree top and I failed miserably at trying styles, So I went back to what I know ..wood.

House is made from balsa wood and coffee paint ..(yes paint with coffee in it)

Grass thatch look and some deep lines to make a bit of a carved in look.

75550_orig.jpg

6867106_orig.jpg

3342758_orig.jpg

9293030_orig.jpg

6861814_orig.jpg

Edited by Jane S

Ive stared working on the crafters platform thanks to KathieB for the suggestion.!! More work to be done, I am trying to hide my glue and mistakes with mossing as I go...er...hi..ho.. :Jumpy:

August 14th: Created a crafters platform as suggested by KathieB

5761868.jpg?415

Couple of baskets , a hammer and knife paintbrushes acorn teapot and bowls, will add some other items.

Edited by Jane S