43 Room Dollhouse

queenannediva

I went on his web site. I would put the link here but don't know how to do that. It is an amazing site with more pictures of the hotel and also his other houses. If you google Anglia Dollshouses it will come up. The other neat thing are some links to some of the products that he uses.

I went on his web site. I would put the link here but don't know how to do that. It is an amazing site with more pictures of the hotel and also his other houses. If you google Anglia Dollshouses it will come up. The other neat thing are some links to some of the products that he uses.

Here's the link: http://www.angliadollshouses.co.uk/

Thanks for the link. More awe dripping onto my keyboard!

The reference to preschoolers is that they've slowed Jeremy down some as he creates his own magnificent buildings, and if this fellow had the same kind of "help", he'd never have been finished in seven months.

Shades of our Jeremy! I'll bet if that man had three small preschoolers he wouldn't have finished in seven months!

I haven't quit the rat race either! :p

Don't know if I would put myself in that guy's league. His hotel is way bigger and more ornate than anything I have built. I'm really liking those doorframes too.

I guess everything IS bigger in Texas. What great detail.

On a side note, the 23 room house that he builds is just under $14,000 USD. I can almost imagine what this baby sells for...

I guess everything IS bigger in Texas. What great detail.

On a side note, the 23 room house that he builds is just under $14,000 USD. I can almost imagine what this baby sells for...

Not to mention what the shipping cost must have been.

Valerie

Thanks for the link. More awe dripping onto my keyboard!

The reference to preschoolers is that they've slowed Jeremy down some as he creates his own magnificent buildings, and if this fellow had the same kind of "help", he'd never have been finished in seven months.

I don't think any one here knows what this fellows personal life consists of. For all we know he may have six kids under the age of 10. Obviously, the house was a commission likely with a completion date and he just made it work. Let's just give him a big hand for accomplishing what he did no matter how long it took or what his personal life may or may not be.

Valerie

As someone who knows a thing or two about working around pre-schoolers and the fact that the guy is 56, I doubt he has kids that young or the difficulties of trying to work with dangerous power tools and chemicals with pre-schoolers trying to get into everything. The article also says he left his day job to build houses full time, so he doesn't have to work around a 40+ hr. job elsewhere. He does have some advantages I wish I had.

I'm not putting the guy down. He does some exceptional work and the fact that he gets to do it for a living is even better. He's living the dream. The size of that hotel is another feat. I wish I had the space for building structures that size. Garages and un-air conditioned buildings are out of the question here in FL. Not sure how the moisture in GB affects working in non-climate controlled areas, but the humidity and heat down here is murder on scale wood projects. Even RL 2 x 4's curl up when left outdoors. From the images it appears that he's using a traditional dh building method (solid walls). I wonder if they are, and if they aren't hollow, how does he wire the outlets?

• Like 1