prayers please

THmini2

Our dog was just diagnosed with kidney disease. You animal lover will understand how hard this is. Next week we are having x-rays done to see if anything else is going on. Cancer, stones, calcium deposites. If nothing else is happening in there it can be possible that he could be here for awhile. Even a year or more. Proper diet. Which we started. Being a picky eater though doesn't help. But knowing that he has to be on this to survive has made us stick to this. It has been 1 week so far. I'll be glad when the x-rays are done as then I will know more. Hard waiting. Not knowing is the worse. He doesn't act sick. But his number say that he is level 3. But the vet thinks we found it before it is too far and it can't be cured, but can be managed. As you can tell. I am freaking out! Tears well up when I least expect them. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We don't want to lose our boy.

Teresa, I am so sorry! Big hugs to you and puppy.

Please have faith though. My two pups have more than their share of medical stuff and are still plugging away. One has kidney/bladder problems, as well. (maybe not the same as your baby, but very frequent UTIs and crystals on occasion) They are both on different prescription foods and even though it sometimes takes a while to adjust and eat it, they have done fine. One of mine is a picky eater, too. And we have had to switch their foods sometimes when a new problem warrants, so if you need any tips on making the food more appealing to them, just ask - we have tried lots of different things to find what works.

Praying that the xrays show nothing more to worry about and you can focus on enjoying many more years with your baby.

Oh no, poor little fuzzer! Pets are funny like that, they just kind of run along happily and don't let on until it's potentially serious. Try to keep in mind that your vet feels you caught it early and it can be managed, thank goodness :) The diet change is obviously going to be an adjustment period, but as you know, well worth the extra work.

Give (sorry him/her?) a big ole' kiss from us and try not to panic. They can tell when we're out of sorts, better than our human companions. :hug:

Thank you everyone! I always get thrown when something happens to one of them. His name is Murphy. He will be 11 in Dec. So he is getting up there, but...

New Day I wish we had PM. I would really like to pick your brain for ideas. My blog is listed under my posts. Actually I will put it here... CreativeMeAndLife.blogspot.com Not that I want anyone else to through this, but it helps to know that the diet etc caan help. Thank you all again for posting.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the fur child. My old cat was diagnosed with kidney disease and she lived 3 more years, it was cancer that ultimately took her from me. So the disease is workable, it's the other stuff that sneaks up that complicates things.