What actions constitute being banning from the forum?

Astroglia

Hello, I browse at slow times of the day and saw a number of banned users at the bottom of the page who appeared to have been active recently. I also saw a seemingly more established account show up as banned. Is there a link to user conduct that I missed?

I want to make sure I'm on the right side of the tracks!

Also...is there no way to private message a user onsite without using a third party provider?

Thanks!

I never noticed 'banned'? Where are seeing this exactly?

I'd say if you're a legit' mini'r & NOT spamming then you're on the right side of tracks...LOL

Check out the guidelines for the details... :)

Private message PM: We've been having problems with this, but when its fixed :throw: this is where you can find it >

Hold your mouse over a member's user name - you'll see 'Send Message'.

Or click your user name up in the right hand corner of the screen - in the drop down you'll see 'Personal Messenger'

What Sarah & Janet said...LOL

Edited by mesp2k

Thanks Sarah, Janet, and Holly!

Mike, I believe, a user is categorizes as "Banned" under the "Group:" line of the user's profile.

Here's to me being on good behavior, though in my free time, I can be found party rocking...

Edited by Astroglia
  • Like 1

You never know who (or what) you might run into on the world wide web, from sales people to pranksters to webots. This is a public forum, so we're bound to find a few in our midst now and then. Our moderators are great about limiting our membership to folks who have a real interest in miniatures.

• Like 1

I think if you use the manners you should have then you are not in danger of being banned! lol. But of course some people don't know how to treat other people. :( So sad. Just be the nice person we know you to be. :) I don't think that many people have been banned from here. Of course I probably don't know of all that the monitors have caught. Good job monitors. In all the years I have been on here I really haven't seen any meanness. No boasting, putting others down, crankiness, etc. Which I have seen on other forums. Not so much miniature ones. miniaturists are special caring people. I think people on here have been especially helpful and caring about each other be about miniatures, life or anything in general. I know that I am very proud to be a member (friend) on this forum. I put a problem I am having with a pet (healthwise) on chit-chat and have had a lot of very nice comments and encouragement. One member even followed my outside blog and has contacted me and stays in contact with advice as her animals have gone through this. I really appreciate the many friends I have met here.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have to say that of all the Discussion Boards with which I have had a membership, Greenleaf members seem to exhibit the highest manners and morals. Other DB's wherein I have memberships entail other interests of mine, such as pets and other hobbies. One DB was so bad that I resigned my membership because the moderators were just as bad as the ill-mannered members. I have never read any bad languag, fighting, snarky words, or insults on Greenleaf. It is a pleasure to be a member here. High class people here!

• Like 1