Hey masonry experts: Do you guys just eat that many eggs?

JuniperJenny

I use sandpaper for bricks and spackling compound for stonework and stucco, so I'm no help; but if I were going to make masonry from paper mache I'd probably use the papermache recipe from old newspapers and Elmer's white glue and a dedicated food processor and make sheets of it to cut up or tear into bricks or stones; DH & I are on a strict diet for cholesterol & hypertension and we get our egg substitutes in cartons.

I shamelessly hoard egg cartons. I have my sisters in law saving them, and I've collected a bunch. They're carefully wrapped in plastic bags and then put into a rubbermaid tub. I don't need them, YET. But sure as shooting, as soon as I would need them, companies will all go over to the styrofoam cartons. I guess I have about 60 cartons over all. I may yet brick Moggie Manor..right now I"m afraid our kitties would sharpen their claws on any exterior roughness.

Oh, Holly and Ann...I checked out that website you reccommended, and found my brass vet clinic sign! THANK YOU! WOOT!

M

• Like 1

Well, thanks to Trish, I should acquire a small starter stockpile shortly. The trouble I have is that it's just my husband and I, and with both of us working full time, we just don't eat at home like we should. I don't even bake much for fear of eating it all by ourselves. I'm lucky to buy more than six eggs at a time, and I don't think I've prepared anything without checking whether the eggs float first in months!

It's also difficult around here to find eggs that aren't in styrofoam to begin with.