Golden Gate View Dollhouse by American Craft Products

Dalesq

Okay, I'm smitten!

When Greg (Gonzo) posted his find yesterday I about fell out of my chair. I was instantly in love with the Golden Gate house and very much want to find one. So I'm putting it out there to the community. If you know of someone who has one of these kits that they are willing to sell, I will be a good home and treasure it. You can contact me at dal.esq at sbc global dot net.

post-15386-0-88755400-1350872659_thumb.j

• Like 2

Make sure if you get one that you make sure it has the floors. :bicycle: I started working on mine today and realized that there are no floors. Thankfully, ACP was very good with schematics and measurements. This kit is still worth much more than I paid for it.

Good luck! I will keep my eyes open for one as I travel.

Make sure if you get one that you make sure it has the floors. :bicycle: I started working on mine today and realized that there are no floors. Thankfully, ACP was very good with schematics and measurements. This kit is still worth much more than I paid for it.

Good luck! I will keep my eyes open for one as I travel.

Thank you!

Debora, not sure where you are in CA, but there have been one or two of these offered on Craigslist in the Bay Area in the past year. If they haven't sold yet they might pop up there again... (the ones I'm thinking of were finished houses, though).

Debora, not sure where you are in CA, but there have been one or two of these offered on Craigslist in the Bay Area in the past year. If they haven't sold yet they might pop up there again... (the ones I'm thinking of were finished houses, though).

Thanks for the heads up Emily. I'm north of San Francisco and could easily get into the city. I think I would even take this one as an assembled house, and rehab it if needed. I have been watching Craigslist and EBay. If you see one let me know. : )

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Emily,

I'm still looking for a Golden Gate View and am confident in my ability to scour eBay adequately, but am not so confident with Craigslist. Do you have any pointers on how to use Craigslist more efficiently. When you've found them on Craigslist, what were your search parameters? I'm not usually this clumsy with search engines, so any help is appreciated.

On craigslist I usually search for "dollhouse" and "doll house" - then you just have to start clicking ads. Sometimes people don't know what they have and just call it a "dollhouse" instead of the brand or model. That is how I found the Woodline Victorian for $12 - it just said, "vintage dollhouse kit". There wasn't even a picture of the house on the box, just the Woodline name.

On craigslist I usually search for "dollhouse" and "doll house" - then you just have to start clicking ads. Sometimes people don't know what they have and just call it a "dollhouse" instead of the brand or model. That is how I found the Woodline Victorian for $12 - it just said, "vintage dollhouse kit". There wasn't even a picture of the house on the box, just the Woodline name.

Thanks!

I agree with Brae. That is how I find mine. The cool thing is it may also bring up furniture or other DH accessories. I would also search the other CL links of areas that are near you or where you will be traveling.

Also, do the search from the main page. You may pick up yard sales or estate sales with kits for sale as well.

Also add "miniature" or "miniatures" to your search. Also the plural, "dollhouses", or "doll houses". Sometimes they have more than one! (Funny how I learned this trick... I went to my dad's, and he had some little dollhouse shelves or something. He told me he had put them on craigslist, but in my searches I hadn't seen them. Turns out since he had 2 he listed them as 2 dollhouses, and that didn't come up for me! But wouldn't it had been funny if it had, and I clicked it to see my dad's number! :) )

• Like 1

Also add "miniature" or "miniatures" to your search. Also the plural, "dollhouses", or "doll houses". Sometimes they have more than one! (Funny how I learned this trick... I went to my dad's, and he had some little dollhouse shelves or something. He told me he had put them on craigslist, but in my searches I hadn't seen them. Turns out since he had 2 he listed them as 2 dollhouses, and that didn't come up for me! But wouldn't it had been funny if it had, and I clicked it to see my dad's number! :) )

More good ideas! Your story about your dad made me smile. :)

Yep I do the same, usually search for "dollhouse" and "doll house" one or more times a day (*blush*). When someone's eager to get rid of a house they will post it several weeks in a row, sometimes with the price dropping each time. The fact that I haven't seen that paricular Golden Gate View lately makes me think it sold or the seller gave up, but you never know, it might get listed again...

Yep I do the same, usually search for "dollhouse" and "doll house" one or more times a day (*blush*). When someone's eager to get rid of a house they will post it several weeks in a row, sometimes with the price dropping each time. The fact that I haven't seen that paricular Golden Gate View lately makes me think it sold or the seller gave up, but you never know, it might get listed again...

Thanks! All these ideas helped me find a lot more listings.

If any of you see one let me know. You can contact me at dal.esq at sbc global dot net. Thanks again!

There is one other thing you can try: do a Google search and type in the name of the dollhouse and add craigslist. If someone was specific enough in their listing, it will pop up. For instance, I just typed "Garfield Dollhouse Craigslist" (I tried Golden Gate View, but there were no results).

Below is what came up. It might be worth it to keep checking. Maybe someone in the forum can help you out if you find one that is not local to you.

Good idea, I wonder if there are any plans floating around.

It just so happens that the instructions come with a parts list that includes measurements. I was happy to see this as my kit came with no floors.

I would be happy to send you a copy. You would have to get a little creative with the dormers and some of the trim, but it would give you a start.

• Like 1

Holly...good idea. I am sure that some of the HW pieces would work. You might even be able to cheat a little and use their windows and maybe a door as they come in pieces and need assembly.

It just so happens that the instructions come with a parts list that includes measurements. I was happy to see this as my kit came with no floors.

I would be happy to send you a copy. You would have to get a little creative with the dormers and some of the trim, but it would give you a start.

Hi Greg,

That would be great and definitely worth a try (I'll have to enlist the help of my hubby for power tools, LOL). I think Houseworks windows, doors, and trim would work too! My email is dal.esq at sbc global dot net (I'm sure you know sbcglobal is all one word). Maybe it won't be too daunting a project!

Okay, so I have heard from a few folks about the instructions and parts list for the Golden Gate View kit. It seems people want to try this as a scratch build. I will work on scanning the full instructions on Sunday. If all works well, I will have a nice PDF file for email. If I can't enhance it well enough (the printing is light), then I will make hard copies and will be able to snail mail them. I will post an update Sunday. If all goes well, those that want a copy can email me and we can go from there.

• Like 2

I have scanned the instructions and can email them to anyone who would like to give this kit a shot. Please send me an email request and "like" this post as a backup so I can look for your email and make sure it didn't hit my SPAM folder. The file is too large or I would just post it here.

Send your request to gonzosminis {at} gmail [dot] com.

• Like 9