Philadelphia Miniatura

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: How exciting!!!! Major envy here but in the best of ways !!! SO how many days left til the biiiig day? Must have some sort of count down right?!? Wish I could be there but it is a bit far away :D :lol: so I will have to settle for fairs a bit closer to home, might be able to get to one in England next year, keepoing my fingers crossed.

Doing the happy dance with you!!!!

HUGS

Oh and we need details about those plans as well as see shopping list and....

Wow Jamie!

You've never been to a mini show before and you're going to the Philly show?? Wow - you are going to be in miniature heaven! That's a huge show and just about all the big names go so you'll be seeing some of the best of the best in the miniature world. This is SO Awesome!! Wish I was going but I still haven't conquered my fear of flying - you'll have to tell us all about it when you get back. Too Cool!! :lol:

-David :lol:

You'll simply LOVE it!! I have never been to the Philly show but if it's anything like the Bishop show, it will be WONDERFUL! Just being in the same room as so many other miniaturists has a great effect on you.

:lol:

Be ready to tell us ALL about it!

I was just checking out the website for the Philly show. They have some really neat artists there doing some really neat things! I actually printed off a picture for an idea for a roombox . . . wish I could take the class, but WOW it's expensive!

You must be really excited! I'm going to the Chicago mini-show next March and I can hardly wait . . . you must be jumping out of your skin!! :lol:

I am very anxious. Its over a month away. I want to start packing NOW! The hotel room is costly $115 a night, but luckily the company I work for has a vacation house reimbursement program, up to $300. I was speaking to a co-worker about the program and my trip. She said I was crazy not to stay the second night since you can only use the refund one time per year. So I called tonight and made the reservation for 2 nights! :lol:

I have not a clue of what I'm in for! Anybody give me an idea as to what these things are all about? Mostly shopping? Artists? The website doesn't really tell too much.

Plus now its two days alone. No Hubby, no little boy! I'm a little nervous. Never left the boys alone before. It will be a sure test for hubby. He's not used to being the only caregiver for more than a few hours! LOL I hope it really opens his eyes!! :lol:

Do you have a link to their site? I'm in Maryland and not too terribly far away from Philly.... I've just started going to Halloween conventions these past couple years and now I'm addicted! Everyone is so friendly and it's such an energetic positive atmosphere because you know everyone there has this one sympatico passion - I'd imagine the miniature convention would have the same feel. You'll love it!

SURE! It's Philadelphia Miniaturia http://www.philadelphiaminiaturia.com/

You thinking about going? I'd love to meet up with you. I know I'll have alot in common with lots of people there, but I'm kinda "shy" in person, so might be hard to meet people the first night. I was thinking about going to the Friday night event to make it a little easier. Its $25 for "three day admission, hors d'oeuvres, cash bar and early shopping on Saturday morning from 9 until 10 am" Think I'm going to call to get more info.

I have to do checking on the itinerary for the trip. Like how long the tours are etc etc. I will definitely let you know. If I have to be incognito for part of the tour to RUN to the show I will. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I want to go but I have to work on the family a little more! You should have seen their faces when I told them. You would have thought I strangled a kitten in front of them.. Mom going away...out of state..without US! For shame!!

I am going to sit down with the books today and all the other itinerary that is going on and see if I can swing the rental car, spending money, gas, food, etc etc.. Then I have to get some knock out drops for the family unit.

I will PM you soon...LOL

ooooo it sounds like you ladies are working out a plan!

how kewl is that!

I hope it works out for you all to go and get to meet

shows are so much fun...of course I have only been to one. :wave:

lucky you!

nutti :D

Hey Jamie,

Hope you have fun at the Philly show. I'll probably be there but will be returning from a cruise too. I have no idea how I'm going to do this because I'm suppose to have an exhibit of my work there with the Delaware Minis Club but not sure I'll be home in time to get it there! LOL I may have someone else take my display for me but if I can get there, I'll be there. I'm looking forward to it also and was thrilled when asked to provide a display piece! It's a huge honor at a show that large!!!

Anyway, hope to see you there! My display will be a 144th scale swiss chalet scene. Enjoy!

Kay

post-924-1160956819_thumb.jpg

Hey Jamie, Kay and others:

If the Wrights have their display at the Philly show, could you find out where we could write to, to get a copy of their catalog, since they aren't coming over to the west coast anymore? It would be greatly appreciated! I hope you all have the greatest fun there. Two days in miniature heaven! You are soooo lucky! Enjoy every single second of it!!!

Hey Jamie,

Hope you have fun at the Philly show. I'll probably be there but will be returning from a cruise too. I have no idea how I'm going to do this because I'm suppose to have an exhibit of my work there with the Delaware Minis Club but not sure I'll be home in time to get it there! LOL I may have someone else take my display for me but if I can get there, I'll be there. I'm looking forward to it also and was thrilled when asked to provide a display piece! It's a huge honor at a show that large!!!

Anyway, hope to see you there! My display will be a 144th scale swiss chalet scene. Enjoy!

Kay

I'll try to remember to look for you!!

post-924-1160956819_thumb.jpg

Hey Jamie, Kay and others:

If the Wrights have their display at the Philly show, could you find out where we could write to, to get a copy of their catalog, since they aren't coming over to the west coast anymore? It would be greatly appreciated! I hope you all have the greatest fun there. Two days in miniature heaven! You are soooo lucky! Enjoy every single second of it!!!

I'm very excited. I have no idea what I am in for, but I know it will be fun and I will meet lots of interesting people.

I do not know the people you are speaking of but if I see a booth with that name I will ask them.

Argh! I'd love to come up for this! I just bought Dollhouse Miniature magazine because someone here mentioned they had lots of Halloween stuff in it.... their main story covered a miniaturist who did really bizarre work, I think her last name was Blythe? I can't recall and the mag is at home... She lives in England but is coming over for this particular show and another in Boston. Her stuff looked incredible, and right up my alley - she says she was inspired by Gary Larson cartoons! I feel so close and yet so far away here in Western Maryland!!

Howdy. Haven't posted in quite a while but still plugging away on my Pierce. I just started wiring for the first time and so far so good. :lol: I will be at the Philly show this year. I just moved to Delaware this past winter but I work in the city and attend church there.

Hope to meet some of ya! :D

Lynnie

Hi Jamie. Unfortunately I don't leave work until 5:00 and traffic is a real bear at that hour of the day...especially trying to get to New Jersey. I will be there for the usual sale on Saturday, though. Do you think we could meet at some point then?

Lynnie