Hello from another Texan...

armymom166

Hello, I am not entirely new to the Forum but am just now introducing myself. I was introduced to dollhouses about 20 years ago when I built the Pierce. Before I could begin decorating, the house was destroyed in an accident and I was so discouraged that I didn't look at another dollhouse for decades (boy, does that make me sound old!)

Anyway, I found an old Heritage dollhouse kit at a thrift store and decided to take the plunge, but I wanted to practice on something else first. So I purchased an Orchid kit from Hobby Lobby and got started. It wasn't too long before I was bitten by the dollhouse bug again. I've finished my Orchid - at least, the major work is finished! I still haven't found the right doorknob, and I need a light for the teeny tiny little bathroom, and of course I will NEVER be done with accessories. I must admit that I am very attached to my little house.

While I was working on the Orchid, a very strange thing happened. I purchased a dollhouse shell on Craigslist and discovered it was a front-opening Norcross with almost all the original parts! Then I got another kit from Hobby Lobby for my birthday. Stumbled across a birdcage that was just perfect as a gazebo for the furniture I got from eBay. Discovered some wonderfully talented folks on Etsy, found some great blogs, got some room boxes, accumulated a furniture and accessory stash, went to my first miniature showcase... as you can see, I am totally hooked now!

My daughter and her fiance decided that THEY wanted to build a dollhouse along with me, so I converted a spare bedroom into a dollhouse room. We've learned all about wiring, shingling (UGH), painting, etc., and I've had such fun looking at everyone's pictures in the Gallery. I'm glad to be a part of the Community, this is so much fun, and I am going to need a bigger house for all my little houses!

Welcome to the little family, Debra. I also began building about 20 years ago, I'm rehabbing a Pierce. We moved partway through the first floor and I'm waiting on a long-promised workshop to continue. I wish you lived closer, I enjoy shingling!

Welcome to the little family, Debra. I also began building about 20 years ago, I'm rehabbing a Pierce. We moved partway through the first floor and I'm waiting on a long-promised workshop to continue. I wish you lived closer, I enjoy shingling!

I still say UGH. It was quite a learning experience! All those valleys...

I wish you lived closer, too!