What do you collect other than miniatures?

Guest Happy Heart

Fun link! I had the Little Golden book of dolls and toys. Not sure what happend to the doll though. I have my Mom's paper doll and some of my own. Plus, my great grandmother had paper dolls that had a long tab on the bottom of their feet. The tab fit into a small scene - such as a winter scene with a frozen pond. You would then move the tab back and forth to make the doll look like she was skating.

I used to collect dolls, but have sold almost all of the ones I collected thru the years. I have about a dozen dolls from my grandfather's sister. They are all German and made in the late 1800's. I have a few really tiny dollhouse size ones as well. One of them I used in the bathtub of the dollhouse I am rehabing. I also have a doll from my great great grandmother. She is a china head with a kid skin body and was called a Mary Todd Lincoln doll. I have all her original clothes as well and the trunk to keep them in. All of these dolls I will not part with. I just love them all!

• Like 2

I collect (and show when I can) model horses. Also pictures to put on Photobucket, porcelain collies and English setters, and small figurines "reading". So far I have a Hallmark worm inside an apple sitting in a chair and holding a book, a mouse sitting on a stack of books reading, and a few others like that. They go in front of the million or so books I have in the bookcase. I would also like to collect more space shuttles - I currently have one that is a pencil sharpener and a plastic one that spins in circles when it's wound up. I also like to collect little toys that move - rabbits that backflip, horses that run when wound up, etc. I also collect hobbies and I don't need another one!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I collect all kinds of toys! Fun ones from the 80's like Rainbow Brite, care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake and My Little Pony and Pound Puppies are easy to find at thrift stores. I also collect composition dolls, specifically Shirley Temple ones. I have some Madame Alexander dolls, and a ton of Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls-all from different makers and eras.

I also collect books, signed by authors and antique/vintage ones. . .

lots of little antiques too that I just love to put around my home-

Basically, I collect collections. :D

• Like 3

The artists of the porcelain dolls that I like to collect are also known for porcelain musical "pets" as well. I have a panda which is VERY unique as the artists usually did brown color bears. The most common animals that they did are cats (house and a couple of bigger ones), dogs, and rabbits as well as the rarer pigs and cows. The unusual ones I've seen are two ducks, a frog,, an elephant, a monkey, and a mouse. The last three have only had one doll made of them and all these animals are dressed as finely as the people dolls that the artists made! Even on eBay, it is rare that the usual animals and cows and pigs show up and when they do, they are usually the only doll of that edition on the site. One cow that has been up for almost a year now is being sold for $140 plus shipping due to its low edition number and rarity of the animal. I paid $65.99 for my panda plus shipping but it was worth it!

Edited by yorkie_owner_85

I have a collection of pretty perfume bottles but haven't added to it in years. They are all wrapped and stored in a trunk in the garage. Nowadays I just seem to collect rubbish that could possibly be useful for making something one day - but I'm fighting back.

I love cats, so I get a lot of cat stuff. It's pretty much cat heaven around here. I think three different people gave me the Crazy Cat Lady action figure.

I also have many many books. And at least two Librarian action figures.

If they made a Dollhouse Crafter action figure, I'm sure I would be gifted with several of those too. The action would probably be raising her arms to pull out her hair.

• Like 1

For those who collect paper dolls, here's an excellent site with printable vintage paper dolls and their clothes. They even have a high quality print option.

I love seeing the fashions from the 30s thru 70s!

http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/dolls/pd_scans/index.html

I take it that you're a Dolly Dingle fan then?

I love cats, so I get a lot of cat stuff. It's pretty much cat heaven around here. I think three different people gave me the Crazy Cat Lady action figure.

I also have many many books. And at least two Librarian action figures.

If they made a Dollhouse Crafter action figure, I'm sure I would be gifted with several of those too. The action would probably be raising her arms to pull out her hair.

If you love cats, then you'd love the musical porcelain cat and other animals that were made by Bette Ball, Morgan Mahoney, and Karen Kennedy for Goebel which were sold on QVC. The all have detailed clothing and different names that suit them such as "Whispurr" and "Penny Puss." You can find them on eBay.

If you love cats, then you'd love the musical porcelain cat and other animals that were made by Bette Ball, Morgan Mahoney, and Karen Kennedy for Goebel which were sold on QVC. The all have detailed clothing and different names that suit them such as "Whispurr" and "Penny Puss." You can find them on eBay.

Oh, those are charming! Unfortunately, I can't put anything out that's breakable because I have cats. :)

Oh, those are charming! Unfortunately, I can't put anything out that's breakable because I have cats. :)

Oh. Well my favorite names Ms. Ball had for the different cats are Penny Puss, Whispurr, Mrs. Douglas o'Purr, and Santa Claws I and II!

At our Florida Trail Christmas party one of our members who has cats wrote "Santa Claws" on his name tag. DS#3, who is owned by three charming fur brats, cackled every time he saw it.

I don't so much collect things consciously as they seem to collect me. In our condo, the collection is original artwork and/or prints by people we know. Several of my pieces and Lloyd's are included, as well as originals and prints from several of his former students and other local artists. It occurred to me just yesterday that I really should make up a notebook with a photo of each piece and a little blurb about the artist and how the piece was obtained so there will be a record after we're gone. <adding that to my gargantuan list of things to do before we head north in a month>

Edit: as for cat names, my favorites were three belonging to a friend -- Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy

• Like 1

...Edit: as for cat names, my favorites were three belonging to a friend -- Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy

Named because they will follow for the rest of the days of your friend's life, no doubt.

I really like the notebook idea.

• Like 1

There is ONE cat doll designed by Bette Ball that I really want. Her name is Mother Dear and she is musical. Her song is Playmates and she comes with THREE ragdoll type kittens that are tucked away in their mother's apron like one of those baby carriers you put on in front or on your back. She is adorable and commemorates Ms. Ball's retirement.

I collect tea pots. I received my first one at age 15 from my grandma, it is beatiful. At last count, 324, since space has become an issue, today I only collect them in "Mini" size, for my dollhouses.

Off subject: I'm scrolling through the list of "View New Content" postings on the forum, in the last 24 hours, and I come to this forum-topic entitled "What do you collect other than miniatures?" The next forum-topic on my list is: "Kidney Stones". :roflmao:

• Like 2