What do you collect other than miniatures?

Guest Happy Heart

I am SOOOOOOOO excited right now! I won an auction on eBay for one of Bette Ball's largest sized musical dolls and she is VERY special! Not only is she 42 inches tall and is porcelain and musical, she is also signed by the artist herself AND the doll is numbered 1 out of 500! And I bought the doll from the original owner too! I now need to buy a stand for a 42 inch doll and then I can display her! I'll post pics of this spectacular doll whenever I can!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My recent purchase on eBay should be arriving on Wednesday. My 42 inch musical porcelain doll is being shipped to me. I won her last month but asked for the shipment to be held off until I came back home after a two week trip. The only thing is she doesn't have a stand and I'd like to get one for her.

• 3 months later...

I recently started to collect the MiWorld toys. They are miniature stores with tiny accessories with some pretty detailed stuff. The stickers you put on the accessories are well printed. Also got many Goebel dolls the last few months including another 42 inch porcelain doll.

This week I bought an unusual musical porcelain doll designed by Bette Ball. I got a duck and she plays Singing In the Rain! She is so adorable and unusual. As far as I know there were only two birds (both ducks) that were made into dolls for Goebel.

• 9 months later...

I was driving in Portland (OR) bout 10 years and it was raining to hard to see so I stopped at a thrift store (value village) to pass the time.  I found a fully jointed 28" tall madame Alexander doll with her original clothing including silk stockings for $4.99. I put her on ebay the next day starting bid $10.00 and sold her for almost $350.00. She live in Australia now. 

I go on tangents of collecting things... When we bought this house I bought boxes and boxes of picture frames for "future" art. Used about 10 of them the rest went to my kids or Goodwill.

9 hours ago, aggiemae said:

I can't explain the photo. I also can't delete it!

Go to 'My Attachments' and you can delete it there.  We have the ability to delete attachments so we can manage our limits.

I collect pigs, Beatle memorabilia (I prefer original),  different (movie) versions of "A Christmas Carol" (my favorite is The Muppets Christmas Carol" followed by a western version starring Jack Palance) and Tarot cards.  I don't "read" tarot cards, and some members of my Southern Baptist church would be appalled that I would own any, but I love the artwork.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vbharrington said:

Beatle memorabilia (I prefer original),  

I live over the water from Liverpool, we're surrounded by Beatles stuff!  In fact when I was at University I lived on the actual Penny Lane (it's nothing like the song!).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/12/2016, 9:27:08, aggiemae said:

I have 6 full sets of China not counting every day sand my MIL just gave me another set. Plus two sets we only use for Passover. It sound sort of hoardy when I see it written down. 

"hoardy"  

I like this word lol

minis are definitely my main thing but I also collect tea pots, Japanese hair ornaments, and for some reason I can't stop myself from buying sky high shoes that I can't actually walk in or wear anywhere so they end up getting displayed on shelves, in display cabinets and just getting hung on the walls with nails.  My apartment looks like a shoe store.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of posting more pics of my dolls soon as well as some of my music boxes. I recently got three more Christmas dolls and three more for year around including one that holds a lollipop and plays On the Good Ship Lollipop.

Dolls are fun! I have some Silkstone Barbie, Fashion royalty, even an American Girl,  etc. with the excuse they are models to use for clothes I make and sell, which I do from time to time.  I also have collected quite a bit of stuff to build an N scale Railroad layout :crazyeyes: , its stored away with my other 5 doll houses in the box lol