What do you collect other than miniatures?

Guest Happy Heart

I have all my husbands Rupert Bear collection. Many toys, fabrics, china ornaments etc, but the main thing is he has every Rupert annual but one from the first one in 1936 up till 2 years ago. I am trying to decide what to do with them now as no one in the family is interested in them.

19 minutes ago, Thimble Hall said:

I am trying to decide what to do with them now as no one in the family is interested in them.

I think that's a problem that several of us share: what to do with items once cherished but not of interest to anyone else in the family. *sigh*

Yep and the bigger problem with them is, they are worth a lot of money over in the UK, here they are not known. Some of the earlier books are worth as much as $800 each. I would like to donate the whole collection to a fund raiser for a children's charity but not here, I would have to ship them all back.

I collect old mason jars.  Not just old Ball Masons but I have some from the 1800's. I have over 150 of them in various sizes and colors. Also, a large collection of old medicine bottle and flasks. Not a normal thing to collect but I love glass.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

You want unusual?  We had two different friends who collected glass insulators; my own hubs sets them outside the garage when he finds them.

i know several people who collect glass insulators. Most are in the Midwest. and West. A former mother-in-law from Washington State presented a particularly rare one to me as if it were the crown jewels. I collected a couple more but never got really interested. Barbed wire was more my thing when I lived in DeKalb, IL, where barbed wire was invented.

• 2 weeks later...

For my Barbie collection, I found a Barbie and the Rockers Concet Instrument playset on Saturday at my local Goodwill and for it being used, I am only missing two of the original items which are the doll stand and this support bar that holds the keyboard stand together which isn’t necessary since the keyboard can still stand without it. I even got an extra guitar, two more keyboards and stands, clothing, and a spotlight with no base which is unusual as most Barbie playset s that have been played with are almost never nearly complete and are missing smaller items. The item I thought for sure would be missing but wasn’t was the tambourine. I’m so excited about my find as the 80s Rockers are my favorite Barbie line ever. I also got a few more Goebel dolls and music boxes.

1 hour ago, yorkie_owner_85 said:

For my Barbie collection, I found a Barbie and the Rockers Concet Instrument playset on Saturday at my local Goodwill and for it being used, I am only missing two of the original items which are the doll stand and this support bar that holds the keyboard stand together which isn’t necessary since the keyboard can still stand without it. I even got an extra guitar, two more keyboards and stands, clothing, and a spotlight with no base which is unusual as most Barbie playset s that have been played with are almost never nearly complete and are missing smaller items. The item I thought for sure would be missing but wasn’t was the tambourine. I’m so excited about my find as the 80s Rockers are my favorite Barbie line ever. I also got a few more Goebel dolls and music boxes.

Any interest in clothes from the 60’s? And a Midge and case? I’ll take photos if you are interested?

3 hours ago, Sable said:

Any interest in clothes from the 60’s? And a Midge and case? I’ll take photos if you are interested?

I only have three repro vintage Barbie’s. I got a few vintage clothing for the earlier dolls but I’m more into the 80s and 90s dolls.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

What a neat collection!  I had seen the Santas and more rarely the trees, but I can't remember ever seeing the buildings like that before.

I believe I purchased the buildings from Pier One Imports many Christmas’s ago.

I love to collect things. But I have given myself parameters so I don't collect "all the things". 

I collect:

• Breyer model horses
  • Shells
  • Spock dolls
  • 101 Dalmatians merchandise
  • Pogs (remember the 90s?? lol)
  • Stephen King novels, hardcover

I have other smaller collections, but those are the ones that I really enjoy looking for and taking care of. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Silver and gold coins. Morgan dollars, gold half eagles, modern mint proof silver eagles. Firearms from the 1840’s (reproductions) through the 1920’s. Between the two that eats up a lot of collecting dollars although I keep the more valuable coins in a safety deposit box so I don’t see them as often. 

Coins are addicting. Lately I have been looking at “the queens beasts” 10 oz silver series but haven’t bought that first one. Once I do I will need to get all of them

https://www.jmbullion.com/mints/government-mints/royal-mint/queens-beast-coins/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwrMHsBRCIARIsAFgSeI2BSmEYKJ34l-Z49UHF2eokhwaGyJ8DdyWfixyFbWeJumFSzn2yLckaAmmbEALw_wcB