What do you collect other than miniatures?

Guest Happy Heart

Oh, Joel, you are on a slippery slope!  My hubs is also a collector, and yesterday we were in Ft Walton Beach for their coin club's Fall Coin Show.  When one signs in at the table they give out a commemorative coin (usually quarters) while the supply lasts, and this time was the San Francisco mint's quarters featuring pieces of eight on the reverse.

I don't really collect much at the moment because there isn't a lot of room to keep things where I live now, but I have a few sci-fi and fantasy figures, lego (because it's easy to store it when I can't display it), rocks and minerals and fantasy ornaments. Now, I mainly focus on my cross stitch and other stitchy crafts because it's easier for me to have them aroud without them getting stepped on or broken. I don't like having to shut things away but I am trying to find ways of sorting it out so I don't have to.

• 10 months later...

For the last couple of years I've been collecting old Coleman lanterns, the ones that use liquid fuel not propane. I guess I have about 30 so far. Most of the ones I have are from the 60's and 70's, with the oldest being from the late 40's. I enjoy the "hunt" in finding them and getting them to work again.

Lantern Shelves.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I collect patent medicine and antique medicine bottles. They look pretty sitting in the window, and since I love medical history, I find the labels are a fascinating read. One old cold medicine bottle I have advertises a mixture of alcohol, morphine, and chloroform: the ol' triple-whammy! :eek: I just look at them all shining in the sun and get all sentimental about the wonders of modern medicine.

• 2 months later...

I collect Mudlen End houses. They are pottery pieces that were made in England in the 1960s-90s. We have 26 different ones and a few duplicates. The average height of the 2-story ones is about 3", including the chimney. We get them out when we decorate for Christmas and display them on the mantle. Here is a photo or two to give an idea.

village2 - Copy.jpg

village4 - Copy.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Grannysue said:

I collect salt and pepper shakers. I started in the 1950s with a set my parents brought me from a trip to Colorado . I have sets from several states and Italy and Germany.

so do I! I started about 30 years ago and have some pretty unusual shakers....loads of fun!

• 1 year later...

I also collect miniature knives these are some Indo-Persian style handles I have had hand carved in Indonesia and having blades made for them

each is about 1 1/2" long or 1/3 scale

sdcwYJX.jpg

Edited by jaxenro
  • Like 1