Garfield Dollhouse

cathyanthony

Welcome to the forum! I haven't built the Garfield, but someone here will come to the rescue soon. In the meantime you might want to do a post about yourself, and search this forum on "Garfield" to find out what others have done with that house. Also, after you've made 5 posts you can add photos to your gallery (we love to look) and sometimes that's helpful to illustrate the problem...challenge. There's lots here so have fun!

not sure if this will work, it is the first time I tried to imbed a photo in a message...but will try. I can't remember for sure how I did mine, but it looks like the porch and underneath are cut out and there are two pieces you glue there to make the step? not sure if I did it right, as there is a lip on the porch. in real life, I would trip on that haha

if you click on that image, then even click one more time, you will get the largest photo of the step. seems it kind of confused me at first too............ Edited by mininecessities

Welcome to the little family, Jackie, and do introduce yourself to everyone. Invest in some masking tape and try assembling the house without glue first, using the masking tape (what we call a "dry build") before you use any more glue (and PLEASE don't use hot glue, despite what the instructiions might say; use a good carpenter's wood glue to assemble you kit after you see how it goes together).

I found it easier to do my kitchen steps with the foundation upside down, I think I may have put the floor on first too.

There's a sort of hole once the floor goes on, you put one of the square pieces at each end of the hole. Then the riser goes longways between the porch floor and the step andthe step goes over the hole.

I hope that makes sense, I'm not very good at explaining things.