Greetings

Lily Pily

Hi, I'm a new member.

I'm building my first dollhouse, the Garfield; because it's something I've always wanted to do.

Even though I only started planning it in October and building less than a month ago, I'm a teensy bit obsessd.

It's eating all my time and spare cash and even thought this one is barely started, half the time I'm thinking about the house I'm going to build next when this one is "finished". . . pretty sure it will never be finished.

I'm loving it, even though I'm fairly sure my family thinks I'm losing my mind and are getting really blank looks on their faces whenever I start rambling (AGAIN) about miniature woodtrim and wallpaper and the best way to hang doors.

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Rachael; we all understand your obsession very well and also share some of the receipt of blank looks. After I retired and went on a "fixed" income I started learning to make all sorts of things I used to buy.

I'm actually looking forward to the making bits and pieces part!

I know it'll take longer than just buying stuff and be fiddly and probably have lots of mistakes along the way but it will also be the best way of getting exactly what I want for the house instead of just having to chose from what companies make.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm always thinking about the next house and build everything except bricks, light fixtures and brass hardware. Even my wife gives me the blank stare. Unless you find a 12 step program, its a lifelong addiction. :p