Feedback wanted (Painted Lady)

Guest Happy Heart

Guest Happy Heart

Santa generously gifted me with enough funds to buy a considerably nice mid-range miniature house. It's difficult choosing just one, lol

I am considering the Painted Lady

http://www.manchesterwoodworks.com/catalog/Painted%20Lady%20red%202%20dollhouse%20kit.jpg

by Real Good Toys. Don't feel jilted Green Leaf as I already have one of each of your kits, used to sell them.

Are any of you wonderful builders familiar with this particular kit? Would like to know it's pros and cons before I commit to buying and building.

Thanks.

I have built that house and is in my gallery as Anabelle's Painted Lady. It was a fun house to build and there is a web site on it's construction that I found very helpful.

It is made of MDF (I don't think it comes in plywood) therefore it is heavy. On RGT site it will give you the options each house can be ordered in.

What fun!

I have built a couple of MDF kits and have started a third (Olde English Kensington). After some issues with the first, I have learned to really like MDF. I have a few RGT kits in my stable. The Painted Lady is not one of them, but it is a gorgeous house.

I was going to tell you to print a Hobby Lobby 40% off to save some $$, but forgot you are in Canada. I am not sure if they will ship to you, but if so, you can save some $$ as they are priced MUCH lower than RGT and miniatures.com.

Have fun with it!!

• Like 1

Go to the Hobby Lobby website and click on "In Store Specials." There is a coupon there every week for 40% off. You can print it and take it in or just show it to the cashier on your smart phone.

http://www.hobbylobby.com/weekly/weekly.cfm

Also, Michael's website has coupons every week with varying discounts.

• Like 1

Guest Happy Heart

forgot you are in Canada. I am not sure if they will ship to you

Always have been.

Amazon won't ship to Canada and the freight some sellers want to ship a dollhouse would make it more economical to go pick it up in person (not quite), lol

Guest Happy Heart

I don't know anything about building it, but I love that house. I would like to live in one like that in RL.

So would I but I wouldn't want to have to clean it, lol

Guest Happy Heart

I have built that house and is in my gallery as Anabelle's Painted Lady. It was a fun house to build and there is a web site on it's construction that I found very helpful.

It is made of MDF therefore it is heavy.

The weight doesn't bother me and I like the precision (and lack of splinters) of MDFB.

Amazon won't ship to Canada and the freight some sellers want to ship a dollhouse would make it more economical to go pick it up in person (not quite), lol

I feel for you.

I sold a Dura Craft Queen Anne to a lady in Belgium. She now has me hunting other kits for her because businesses and eBay sellers won't ship to her. I know it can be costly. It was $82 to ship the QA, but she is a miniaturist and really wanted it. It only takes a couple of minutes to fill out the customs form, so I don't know why some people won't ship internationally.

• Like 1

Guest Happy Heart

It only takes a couple of minutes to fill out the customs form, so I don't know why some people won't ship internationally.

This is VERY true.

Guest Happy Heart

Don't know anything about that kit.. Sure is PURDY - I think you should go for it - Yes I do I DO.. :bigwink:

What can I say, I have a keen Designer's eye and exquisite taste, lol

This particular house has many appealing realistic details, what's giving me pause besides the exorbitantly over-priced shipping is that there really isn't a whole lotta room inside for the size of the house.

Think I'll ponder a while yet, lol

What can I say, I have a keen Designer's eye and exquisite taste, lol

This particular house has many appealing realistic details, what's giving me pause besides the exorbitantly over-priced shipping is that there really isn't a whole lotta room inside for the size of the house.

Think I'll ponder a while yet, lol

Jean

That is understandable - The sheer size of that would hold me back a bit also, It is a beuty though... Ponder away..

Guest Happy Heart

Jean

That is understandable - The sheer size of that would hold me back a bit also, It is a beuty though... Ponder away..

Oh no, you misunderstood. It's not the size on the outside that gives me pause, it's the lack thereof inside. It is a pretty house but mostly just for show which is why ... I'm still considering others.

Oh no, you misunderstood. It's not the size on the outside that gives me pause, it's the lack thereof inside. It is a pretty house but mostly just for show which is why ... I'm still considering others.

OH now I understand !! That is a bit of a conundrum then - Any way to rearrange the floor design to make more room ??

Guest Happy Heart

OH now I understand !! That is a bit of a conundrum then - Any way to rearrange the floor design to make more room ??

With pre-milled MDF board? Probably not. I have what some miniaturists can only dream of, a sparcely furnished home with lots of room to indulge imagination.

• Like 1