Feedback wanted (Painted Lady)

37 posts in this topic

Major jealousy here!

That's ok, as your avitar shows, you look good in green, lol

What can I say, I have a keen Designer's eye and exquisite taste, lol

This particular house has many appealing realistic details, what's giving me pause besides the exorbitantly over-priced shipping is that there really isn't a whole lotta room inside for the size of the house.

I built, and have almost finished my Painted Lady. Mine was MDF, but it really was an enjoyable build. You are right, there aren't a lot of rooms to the house, but the rooms are large. I actually have one room still left that I can't decide what to do with. I have pictures in my gallery. I think it's a wonderful house, and I really enjoyed building it. Am going to hang onto it for my grand daughter for when she gets older.

I built, and have almost finished my Painted Lady. Am going to hang onto it for my grand daughter for when she gets older.

And a beautiful job you've done, I'm sure she'll be delighted.

Did you choose one yet? Saving to buy another kit; have been scratch building due to a stack of plywood scraps and a general lack of funds right now.

Did you choose one yet? Saving to buy another kit; have been scratch building due to a stack of plywood scraps and a general lack of funds right now.

I was this || close to buying the RGT Painted Lady then I deicded I'd rather build it in half scale, from scratch and yes, with a severe lack of funds, at all times.

Hi Jean! I'm starting a RGT house for my daughter. I got Victoria's Farmhouse. It's huge and heavy, and probably a lot more house than a 4 year old needs...but it's not all about her now, is it?

So far, the pieces are cut out nicely and fit together really well. I'd really like to bash it a bit and change some walls around. My main problem is no hardware stores sell the same kind of MDF stock. I've been hunting high and low for 3/8" so I can make some new interior walls. I think I will resort to online shopping for a sheet of it. Other than that, I like their houses design-wise. I think that is what really matters in the end.

Hi Jean! I'm starting a RGT house for my daughter. I got Victoria's Farmhouse. It's huge and heavy, and probably a lot more house than a 4 year old needs...but it's not all about her now, is it?

So far, the pieces are cut out nicely and fit together really well. I'd really like to bash it a bit and change some walls around. My main problem is no hardware stores sell the same kind of MDF stock. I've been hunting high and low for 3/8" so I can make some new interior walls. I think I will resort to online shopping for a sheet of it. Other than that, I like their houses design-wise. I think that is what really matters in the end.

I think I read somewhere that RGT will let you order specific cuts of the MDF if you give them a call. Not sure what they would charge, or you could email and ask.

You should look at the RGT builder website/blog... they built this house and it would help you get an idea of room sizes...

Is there any reason you couldn't use 3/8" plywood to bash extra walls?

I do like the size of the rooms though. So many houses give you ump-teen rooms, but they are too small to do anything with. I will be starting my fourth Painted Lady next week. I will do a faux-wood floor before construction and will customize the staircase, and maybe some swirrly plaster in the Trim area.

1 person likes this

I own and really like this house. I can't say that it's my most favorite--but I do like it! It was my first dollhouse as an adult and for one thing-it's massive and heavy! 

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2013‎ ‎5‎:‎41‎:‎45‎, jennymoomeow said:

Home Depot sells the thinner MDF  look in the pre cut area.  I will get some when I start my Beachside Bungalow.  I want to aff another room to the side.