Back Again - To Stay, I Hope!

woodland_miniatures

It's been quite a while since I checked in, and oh, my, do I have a LOT of catching up to do!

It's been a year of major illness for me (well, longer than a year, but who's counting? LOL), and some few months ago I decided I was sick of being sick and would get my life back again. Well, the Powers That Be pretty much said, whoa, not so fast he he he, we've got a few other tricks to try on you, little girl.:) But - I still have both of my feet (a near thing, believe me) and a beautiful power wheelchair that I got in August and man, has that made a difference. It was like a get out of jail free card - I could actually not only get around my apartment again, but could LEAVE my place and make it to the post office, corner store, etc. - talk about freedom after being housebound for well over a year.

Should say, all this started for me nearly two years ago with a dry skin crack on one of my feet, that I didn't notice because I don't have much feeling in my feet (no, I'm not diabetic LOL, it's just long-term neurological damage of unknown cause). Well, I walked around on this open wound for quite a while before knkowing it was there, thus producing a monster open wound, the wound from H**L that just WILL NOT HEAL. This led to monster infections that had me in and out of hospitals in two-month stretches and very nearly had me dead of MRSA, not to mention almost losing my leg below the knee. BUT, with some truly wonderful miracle antibiotics and a LOT of in-home help, I've not been hospitalized since last April, and have stayed infection-free since July. Of course, I still have that pesky big old hole in the bottom of my foot....I'm going to bring up the idea of a skin graft with my doctor next time I see him, maybe that's a possibility.

At any rate, I AM BACK. Made a bunch of doilies, full-scale hats, scarves, shawls, etc., for Christmas gifts and just coz I had all kinds of thread and yarn, and have gone back to my first love again - crocheted 1:12 scale mini's, and am just brimming with ideas I'm dying to try out. Have opened a new shop on Etsy, have thread and hook in hand and OMG, it feels great!

One thing: my memory of the last couple of years is spotty at best (high fevers and too many weird drugs will do that LOL), and I strongly suspect I've dropped the ball with some folks here on trades and such. If that is the case, I'd sure hope that anyone would contact me privately and let me pick that ball up again.

His Majesty Mr. Koko, whose picture is my avatar, is still very much with me, and the light of my life, even though he's gone into "Winter" mode - meaning he's sleeping his way through all the snow and nastiness outdoors, and eating like a pig when not sleeping. He's happy, and who can argue with that???

Gosh, it's GOOD to be back!

Mary

• Like 1

:hug: :hug: Mary, you're HOME!!!! :hug: Golly, I have missed you! and figured (against all my hopes and wishes) it was health "stuff". You stay in my prayers, girlfriend; now stay healthy! The place just ain't the same without you!

Hey, gal! Good to see you again! I just checked your Etsy shop ... you've been burning up the crochet cotton! Will be coming around for some doilies when the Beacon Hill gets to the interior decor stage. :thumb:

Good to hear from you again, Mary. I wondered where you were! Sorry you've had such a rough time but so glad things are looking up. Nothing like Forum Friends and a busy hobby to get you up and running (or rolling?) again. :cheers:

My goodness, it's wonderful to see all you all again! Had a busy day today, what with doing my monthly grocery shopping, which entailed having demanded my rights from our van service to be allowed to ride in said van (drivers didn't like my power wheelchair and were refusing me service; turned out higher ups in the van service were horrified and wrote a STRONG memo to the drivers), cooking a big pot of chili, helping a friend with a grief issue, cleaning my oven (disaster on New Years Eve when pizza I was taking out of said oven slid right off of pizza pan face-down on the racks/element of oven - UGH!!!!), and getting in touch with an old high school friend. Looking to be a GOOD New Year so far! :)

• 1 month later...