:) Hey all, I'm back too!

Muriel

I have a separate email folder for Greenleaf emails. When it got to about 850 new emails I decided it reallllly was time to sort through them and check in again :) Sorted through them all, read those I was interested in and can now start again.

So about a year and a half ago we moved from Cheddar to Stroud. Here we live about 5 minutes drive from my Mummy, and 10 minutes drive from my Sister and Niece. Chris has a job at a College (generally 16-19 year olds) which he enjoys considerably more than the school he taught at before. I'm working 2.5-3.5 days a week as relief Pharmacist in 3 regular branches, with Natasha at nursery 2 days a week. She loves it there, and we love that she gets to do all the messy kiddie stuff there ;)

Started a DHE tower for her in summer, decided on a pretty floor with glass pebbles, but then spent some time figuring out how to make the grout resistant to spillages. Sealed it with glue in the end, may not make it waterproof, but should be water resistant. She got it for Christmas (though has seen it being built), just have to paint the door and glue on the roof still. She has a Mini Mouse who lives in it. I painted the outside with magnetic paint with the idea that she can decorate it with magnets when she's a little older.

On our honeymoon I bought a Fairfield from Ron's with the aim of making it a Christmas House. So far it is still in its box. This Mummy thing is time consuming! So the aim is to get it built for next Christmas. With Natasha's tower finished and mojo back hopefully I'll get going on it again in the evenings. Quite excited about it!

I had all the local family for Christmas Dinner on Tuesday, 11 of us, 4 generations all together. I cooked dinner with a little help and really enjoyed it. New Years Eve will be spent with our friends. Natasha enjoyed endless presents including a play kitchen - so hoping she'll be entertained with that and I can dollhouse ;) She absolutely loves all the light decorations, squealing with delight when we drive past any. Takes after her mum there! She is 20 months old now, and rather than us trying to get her to say words, she now picks them up herself and says them and we have to try and figure out what she is trying to say! It is a lovely age when they start being able to communicate what they want or don't want, much easier to understand!

Hoping to be back here more, get to know new faces and catch up with more well known ones.

• Like 1

IT'S ABOUT TIME! I was beginning to wonder if you were going to make it back before Natasha started university! How nice for all the relatives to have all of you closer. I love Natasha's tower, the floor turned out really well, and you could always seal the grout to make it more water/ spill resistant.

Lovely to see you again, Muriel. When my boys were small, I was too busy chasing them around to even think of building a dollhouse. Natasha's tower is beautiful, and it's good to hear that things are going well for you all. Fairfield, eh? You will love it in the half-scale world!

Welcome back Muriel.

You have been missed and you are certainly correct that this Mummy thing takes up A LOT of time !!!!

Looking forward to seeing your next build. You always have interesting ideas.