I think I should introduce myself

heidiiiii

My name is Heidi and I have been a part of the Greenleaf forums (more or less) for 7 years. I had been absent for awhile and that is probably why some of you do not really know me.
There were quite a few factors that fell into reasons why I dropped from the hobby that I love. The economy made it difficult for me to build the way I wanted to build. I did not want to use scraps unless that was my vision. If I could not afford the things I needed to build, then the house sat and collected dust aka the Pomeroy House. Then I had multiple heath issues that would keep me from enjoying miniatures or dollhouses at all. This past November, I had found out that I had infection in my skull (mastoid) and since it has been cleaned out and I have healed...I am starting to feel the call of the minis. I really have! Before I would tell my mini friends that I was ready to build! Then I would start something and never finish. I have half scales and quarter scales sitting around like is itty bitty ghost town. I lied to them because I wanted to get back to minis and house. I really did. But I could not find the cognitive strength to do it. That is why I wasn't on here much.
Why come look at all the beautiful things that your talented friends have made when you cannot get off your a** and do it too??

I am dealing with most likely having my gallbladder out in the very near future but otherwise, here I am. I live in shoreline CT in the southeastern section near the RI border. I have been in love with dollhouses since I was a little girl. My dad brought home a tin dollhouse for me but my brother cut his foot on it and it was thrown out, never to be replaced. Then one day seven years ago, a new AC Moore was built in my town. They had displays of beautiful dollhouses. I would walk over there and just stare. I was able to get my first house (a 1970s colonial) for like $20 and I have never looked back.
I love to build houses for little girls that have never had one. I think I am giving to them what I did not get. The last one I built was Ruby`s House (in my gallery).
Born (1969)and bred and living in this small city, I am married to my sweetheart. We met in 1986 and married in 1993. We have two daughters, Chelsea (1989) and Natalie (1993). I always have furbabies. Two cats, (milo and oliver) and Three dogs, Perla, Lu, and Ruby. We all live together in a really old CT Colonial.

It is going to take me a bit of time to get into the swing of things. I am not jumping into any builds just yet. I want to read and look at all of your pictures. I MAY do the Spring Fling as my first thing to get my feet wet. We shall see.
I do have experience in electricals and I love to shingle. Yes, I am a nutjob! :bigwink:

I have a blog that is attached to my signature. You are free to read it if you would like. It is just me doing alot of whining. I do tend to swear so that is a warning to you if you do not like that sort of thing. It is not rampant but...

I hope to get to meet all the new people that are probably now old people that I never met before.

• Like 1

Welcome back. I finally joined. I been nosing around a while. But finally made a name and just started a blog 2 days ago.
I know the feeling of health issues and not wanting to do anything and not having the physical or mental strength to do it. I have MS and other problems. And though I love so many things, I lose interest quickly, have problems, or in too much pain or tired. So I completely uderstand. I'm glad that you're feeling better and back. I've never done the Spring Fling but it looks fun. Maybe can both do it as a get-going project. Hope things continue to go well for you.

• Like 2

Hi! I've been on here a few months and also live in southeastern Connecticut, about 15 min. from the Rhode Island border. I have been putting things off for too long as well, so I can understand how you feel about things. Except I am about 20 years older than you, so I figured it is now or never to get some things completed! As for the swearing, Holly calls them "magic" words and I am sure all of us on here have heard or said them ourselves!

Welcome back!

• Like 2

Nice to see you back.

I've been here 5 years and had been lurking for a couple years before I finally joined.

I remember that you were extremely active back in that time period and were a great deal of help to others.

I always admired your resolve to assist and support your daughter with her dietary concerns

(I'm a former vegan - turned vegetarian).

I've watched you struggle with your many health problems and pray that this is finally the turning point for you.

As to the GB - I've never missed mine !!

Welcome home.

• Like 1

Patsea, I just have to say that is nice, Antinori's makes an excellent cannoli, and I will dearly miss the Wonder Bread store.

Yep! And they make good pizza, too! I am about 40 seconds from Antinori's. Have you ever tried their lobster pizza? Just went past the Wonder Bread Store this morning. So sad to see it looking so empty!

• Like 1

Hi Heidi, good to hear from you, perhaps once you start again the involvement will give you the incentive to get stuck in. Health issue are such a bug and sometimes it is good to find something to take your mind up and away in the clouds as you live in another world of the little people. Good luck and I hope you will keep up with us now that you have started a gain. :peace::bigwink:

• Like 1