Wallpaper copied on regular computer paper

Pat

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018‎ ‎10‎:‎54‎:‎55‎, fov said:

....the experience was a good reminder that almost anything you think is a lost cause in miniature can be fixed if you put your mind to it.

I agree!  I have a workroom below my kitchen and several years ago the dishwasher leaked and flooded the kitchen, so of course the water ran down pipes that ran thru the floor and poured right onto my dollhouse in progress.  I wasn't nearly as far along as you were, but the walls were warped and water stained.  I was so disgusted with the mess that I quit working on the house until recently.  I guess I can't avoid the itch to make minis for long!  And repairing some of the damage has given me some great ideas for bashing the house.

I scrapbooked for years before i got into dollhouses. I have tried so many papers to print...my very favorite, that has the best color, is untextured scrapbook cardstock that's high quality used for printing out your design after you've made a digital page (and bonus acid free). I can't remember what it was called specifically but the color is right on - just as bold as you see it on your screen, no fading, rich colors. I would experiment with that and with some of the nicer weight HP or Epson papers - had another from them that wasn't scrapbook paper that was almost just as nice..I might be able to find the name of it tomorrow but it's bean so long since I've ordered those papers.

• 5 years later...

Has anyone experimented with painting or spraying a gloss or satin finish to ink jet printed wallpaper? I bought a file on Etsy for my dollhouse kitchen that I want to mimic tile.. Thanks in advance

I nearly always print my own wallpaper. I find a pattern I like online of life size wallpaper or fabric and copy and paste it at the size I want, matching the repeats, until I fill the page layout. I use drawing paper to print on, since copy paper is so flimsy. The texture and weight make it easy to handle. I spray it with a sealer, like someone said earlier. Then I use regular wallpaper paste on a painted/primed wall. I get exactly what I want that way.

On 1/10/2024 at 6:23 PM, Kathe1 said:

Has anyone experimented with painting or spraying a gloss or satin finish to ink jet printed wallpaper? I bought a file on Etsy for my dollhouse kitchen that I want to mimic tile.. Thanks in advance

No - but I use photo paper to get the glossy tile or parquet floor effect. tI works well. But keep it out of bright light to prevent fading.

I had printed some wonderful ceiling decor but after reading all this I don't think I will be using it. I can't find any in the UK so it's plain ceilings for me lol

8 hours ago, havanaholly said:

There are other ways to decorate your ceilings...

I found someone on etsy that do some that are on thick paper and can do them on self adhesive.  Might try one.