LaserCut Ashley Gothic Half Scale?

jillybean

Hi.

I looked all over but couldn't find any threads about the Ashley Gothic Victorian Half Scale Laser Cut Dollhouse. Has anyone had any experience with it? I'd love to see pics of a finished one. The outside is just gorgeous and it looks like from the videos they provide that assembly is really easy.

So. Has anyone done one of these LaserCut company designs or known anyone who has? They are on Ebay and they have their own site. I was impressed that they even offered a 1/4th scale house as well.

Thanks.

Hi Jill and welcome!

If you go to the top of the page where it says "gallery" click on that. Then go to your search box on the right and type in "ashley" and a bunch of pictures will come up with people who have done that house. Enjoy!

• Like 1

I did a gallery search, but none of those houses featured are the same. I really would love to see one done up. I'm not good at painting, so I doubt mine would look great....I need to see how it's done. The videos of the guy putting it together makes it look so easy - all the tabs/slots are numbered and you just plug them in.

Anyway, I wanted to know the height of the ceiling. They got back to me in a few hours. They're a small business, and I love to support that of course!!

I've looked at these (I like the Stephanie) but have not gotten one because it is "hardboard" not plywood. I could be very wrong, but my experience with Masonite/hardboard whatever you want to call it is that it warps. I don't know how well it would hold up once it's painted or papered.

I'd like to know what someone who has built one thinks.

I just got on Ebay and checked them out. They are really impressive looking. There would be room for an actual diningroom on the first floor. I Googled them, but can't find a picture or anything to see one finished that was not done by the manufacturer. Would need to find out more about them. They do have a 1/4 scale that looked interesting.

I belong to the quarter connection yahoo group and one of the ladies there has this house in quarter scale and has been emailing some of us that are interested in these houses her experience. So far it sounds promising. She did say in the quarter scale she found the window frames too thick so she emailed the maker and he is redoing all of them in thinner wood. She got her replacements in he mail and said they are perfect. Also the the build is reAlly simple even without written instructions and that when she gets to the roof the video is going to be really helpful since you actually get to watch it brin done. I emailed the seller/maker and he plans to make all of the designs in quarter scale over time so I have my eye out for the Victorian farmhouse or the Stephanie.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

What exactly is "masonite" hardboard ? How is that different from mdf or thin plywood?

Here's a great description of the process: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masonite My childhood dollhouse was made of masonite. it differs from MDF in that the wood is disintegrated before being reformed under pressure. It makes a harder, denser, smoother-finish product than MDF. Plywood is made up of paper-thin wood sheets layered so that the grain lays at right angles from one layer to the next. I have even worked with plywood that has some sort of textured fiber sandwiched between the layers, that resembled a polymer when I cut it.

Your Welcome,

Yes I am in the Navy and currently on my shore duty tour. 23yrs and counting but looks like this is my last year or two and I will retire. That is the reason I decided to start working a business and I like designing and building and this just sort of found it way to where I am today. Learning alot and happy with the growth so far, thanks to the great people I met and have supported me. So thanks to all of you.

Now the house, the siding is laser etched in to the wood by the laser and gives the eye the impression of siding. I use this on most of my houses for those who decide to paint. If you decide to go with siding the lines are nice for referance.

Take Care

Leonard

Hi Leonard,

We have a lot of Navy personnel in the town where I live. The Sub Base is across the river from us and every evening I can hear them playing taps. The submarines are also built here and we have the Coast Guard Academy just two miles from us. Thank you for your service as well.

I would love to try the quarter scale, so will be watching with interest as you go along.