Our Sadie crossed the Rainbow Bridge this morning

chellebelle

Our Sadie, aged 10, collapsed this morning getting off the couch where she was snuggled with her new sister Coco. We ran to her to help her up. She couldn't stand up. We thought she broke her leg or hip, but saw she wet all over herself.As Dan called the vet, I held her and comforted her as best I could. When we put her in the car, she turned back to look at me with her version of a smile, thumped her tail like crazy, and I closed the door and said I'd see her when she got back home.

10 minutes later Dan called me sobbing. She had a massive stroke and died. The doctor said there was nothing anyone could have done. My heart is breaking.

I guess God knew she was going to join him soon, and sent Coco to us to get us through this terrible pain. Please keep us in your prayers. It seems like I've had so much bad news to share on here, sorry to unload.

Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Sadie. :weep: Please know the my thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. Glad to hear that you have Coco to help you deal with the loss, she needs you to help her too as she lost her best friend. I hope you find solace in the memories and good times you had with Sadie. :console:

Michelle, I just went through this not so very long ago. My heart breaks for you guys! You all will be in my thoughts and prayers, glad to know that Coco is there for you to help you through this terrible loss. <hugs>

Kelli I am also sorry to hear about your lost of Cory, thank god you were there for him in the end.

Guest Happy Heart

(((Huggs))) Losing a pet is heart-wrenching and even tougher when all that remains is a void, still having a pet will help and time will help ease the loss.

Thank you all. We decided that rather than crying all day while staring at the empty spot that was Sadie's favorite, we would take Coco to visit Bob at the hospice. They were both delighted to see each other. He was laughing and loving on her and she was happy to give him a bunch of kisses. Bob's nephew took photos of them so he can frame one for Bob to keep by his bed. All the staff made it a point to come and meet her and us. They said Bob talks about Coco all the time. Afterwards, the social worker thanked us profusely for adopting Coco as she's worked with Bob for several months, visiting him when he was still at home. She told us how upset he was about finding her a home. She was so happy to see how clean Coco is now, and everyone loved the big red bow we put around her neck. Then she thanked us for bringing Coco to visit. It seemed to really tickle Bob. We told her it was our pleasure and that we'd be back next week if Bob's up to it. He seemed to be very happy to see how Coco clings to me, and how she seemed fine leaving to go home with me and Dan.

I'm so glad we went. Now I need to rest as I didn't sleep so well last night.

• Like 1

What a wonderfully therapeutic and thoughtful thing to make the visit.

Sounds like God had His hand in this whole situation to make it work for Bob, Coco and you and Dan.