Funny how things work out

grynche

For the past 7 years, ever since my beloved Scottie died, I said to all and sundry that I'd never have another dog. She was special, she was the last, I never wanted to watch another dog die, I never wanted to feel that heartbreak again.

Last Thursday, I clicked on the humane society web page. Why? Who knows.

A 10 year old mixed breed with fangs, surrendered when his owner went into a nursing home.

I remembered the hurt when I had to put my little darling into foster care when I was sick.

Of course I adopted him the next day.

Seems it doesn't have to be Christmas for a Grynche's heart to grow.

He's at my feet, or by my side, wherever I am. I'm hoping he'll be my Muse now, as I've so missed everyone here and doing minis, but didn't have the heart to go downstairs alone and work on them.

Life's what happens while you're busy making other plans. :bear:

post-1621-0-97490700-1360788274_thumb.jppost-1621-0-72255100-1360788376_thumb.jppost-1621-0-10148200-1360788396_thumb.jp

• Like 2

:hug: ohhhh you'll have a great companion there, such a sweetie (both of you!) and hopefully you'll have yout muse again! Sending belly and ear scratches to furbaby and HUGS your way

His name is supposed to be Skipper, but he has exceptionally selective hearing. I think "Hey, You" would work as well. There's a lot of belly to rub; fortunately he likes to walk and I'm expecting that spare tire to diminish in no time. He's part terrier; part poodle. Got that Terrier Butt Strut that I dearly love.

From both of us, good to be home.

Good to have you back, Freya. I've missed you! Your new furbaby is adorable! I'm sure he will adapt to mini-ing very soon, and will be giving you new inspiration and helping you build beautiful new memories. :dog: Did you get a chance to let his former owner know he's in a good home?

His name is supposed to be Skipper, but he has exceptionally selective hearing. I think "Hey, You" would work as well. There's a lot of belly to rub; fortunately he likes to walk and I'm expecting that spare tire to diminish in no time. He's part terrier; part poodle. Got that Terrier Butt Strut that I dearly love.

From both of us, good to be home.

He has the coloration of my miniature apricot poodle. He looks like a sweetie! Many happy walkies!

He is adorable! I had a sheltie and when she died I never thought I could go thru the heartbreak of losing another dog. Then I heard about a dog at the shelter that had been hit by a car, lost her right eye, and had other injuries. It was a high kill shelter and I got there on her last day. I have had her for almost 10 years now. I know there will be heartbreak again at some point, but giving her a home was so worth it. Your little guy looks like he is smiling in that middle picture!

He is adorable! I had a sheltie and when she died I never thought I could go thru the heartbreak of losing another dog. Then I heard about a dog at the shelter that had been hit by a car, lost her right eye, and had other injuries. It was a high kill shelter and I got there on her last day. I have had her for almost 10 years now. I know there will be heartbreak again at some point, but giving her a home was so worth it. Your little guy looks like he is smiling in that middle picture!

I call him my upside down vampire. Not enough room in a poodle mouth for a set of terrier teeth. My darling Scottie found me; and somehow so did this little guy. His personality has already done a 180 in the few days he's owned me. He just doesn't seem to understand English. Sit, down, din-din, out, walkies, treat! -- all I get is a stare. :dunno:

Thanks for all the kind words and wishes. I'm going to send Skipper into the basement first ... those fangs'll scare away any monsters, y'think?

Good to have you back, Freya. I've missed you! Your new furbaby is adorable! I'm sure he will adapt to mini-ing very soon, and will be giving you new inspiration and helping you build beautiful new memories. :dog: Did you get a chance to let his former owner know he's in a good home?

The shelter staff person said they would notify his former owner and that the former owner had promised a letter to the new owner, me. Don't know if doggie visits are allowed, or if the former owner's condition would find a visit upsetting ... just have to wait and see.

What a lovely story Freya. He's an adorable dog and those fangs are amazing. I have 2 siamese cats with fangs - top teeth. I'm sure his former owner would be over the moon to know he's found a great new home with a loving owner. I do hope they let you take him for a visit. I'm sure its more upsetting not knowing how he's doing.

Wishing you many happy times together and lots more mini-ing with your muse at your heels.

Cue theme from Twilight Zone.

Just this morning I wrote to a friend that I wondered just who had rescued whom.

Later on a shopping for doggie things trip, I found a t-shirt with that saying on it, complete with pawprints.

Yesterday he helped me rearrange The Lair so I can get to my work table.

Somewhere in my stash, there is a tiny pipecleaner dog, same color as Skipper, that one of you wonderful Greenleafers sent me when I was building a dollhouse for the Humane Society fundraiser. [Twilight Zone theme encore]

First mini methinks will be a teensy doghouse, with an even teensier fire hydrant, Skipper being a he and all.

I think we're going to be a good team.

• Like 1