Wallpaper Selection Help...

raspberry

Hey everyone, I'm having a hard time deciding on my kitchen wallpaper... I was wondering if you all could help?

Option #1 - Green Stripes

wp013.5.gif

Option #2 - Solid-y Green

wp014.5.jpg

Option #3 -

wp040.jpg

*If it matters, (because you can see the kitchen through the dining room, or maybe they should coordinate)... the dining room is going to be half this, half solid ivory, (or the stripes if thats not in the kitchen)

wp009.5.jpg

Stripes, possibly no. 2 as well.

Nothing stops you from using the stripe in the kitchen and as the lower wall covering in the dining.

When trying to coordinate papers it always helps me if I can see it in the rooms, so sometimes I'll just lean it in there and then get back from it to get the color combination effect.

Many times I've been surprised by how a paper that looks okay flat next to another will look too dominate or busy or even weak stood up next to ones in adjacent rooms.

Go with what looks pleasing to you.

You could do a chair rail in the diningroom with the print above and the stripes, #1, (or solid ivory) below and in the kitchen on the walls you can see from the diningroom; use #2 and on the ones you can't see from the diningroom.

• Like 1

I think 3 is pretty, too, but not for a kitchen. That would be great in a bedroom,or hallway. It depends on what era/style you are invoking, too. Prop them up,let it sit overnight and look at it again tomorrow. It'll come to you.

The style of the house is going to be "shabby-chic"/eclectic...so a hodge-podge of designs with a very feminine touch. I think I will stick with the #3 for my study...(the 2nd bedroom will be more of an office-y area).

I made my decision and I wallpapered...I put up the picture in the gallery so you can see what I decided to do.